Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net
advi
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Dear Readers,

I am going to pull my fanfic Kagome, Lady of the West off the internet. I must inform you the reasons why I have stopped posting anymore chapters here and on fanfiction.net. It is because I had the horrid luck to lose ALL the information I had on that story.

I had stored all the information of that story on a CDR which has now lost all the information on it. From information on all the main characters, to the supporting characters, to Kagome's pregnancy timeline and pregnany information, to the plot and the whole story's outline. It is all gone now. What took me months to create and in the case of Kagome's pregnancy to research is now all gone.

This is why I am taking it off both Dokuga and fanfiction.net. This is in order to allow me to work on other stories and to once again reimagine this story and recollect all the information necessary for Kagome, Lady of the West.

Once Traveling with Sesshoumaru is done, I will be uploading Down the Rabbit Hole onto Dokuga. It will take the place of Kagome, Lady of the West as Rabbit Hole is a story I can currently write because I have all the information necessary to continue that story.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the n 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible stroke of luck. It happens to the best of us - and as someone who has had that happen to her very recently, I can honestly tell you that I completely understand the frustration and sadness you must be going through. Don't give up on it though. When you are ready, come back with a clear mind, and ready to start again. I think you'll find that you may even like the second go-around even more! Good luck, and happy writing!

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the n 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
Oh, no, I LOVED that story! I'm so sorry that happened to you...

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
I am so sorry to hear that -hugs- that was a fave story of mine. I hate when stuff like that happens I have had the same horrible luck and so have taken up the habit of e-mailing the information to myself, plus using a flashdrive and a CDR lol. I hope that this never happens to you again.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 39
Wow, you have my deepest sympathies, I lost a chunk of stories I was working on years ago pretty much the same way. It can be heartbreaking when your hardwork is just gone like that. . *hugs*

Logged Logged
advi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank you so much for your support everyone. This really touches my heart.

Although I noticed I made a mistake in my first post. I actually kept the information for Kagome, Lady of the West on a CDRW and not CDR. Sorry, my bad!

But, yes, it was very heartbreaking to lose all my information that way. That's why now I have all my information stored on thumb drives. But I can't believe how many other people have had this happen to them. I'm glad I'm not the only person this had happened to.

I hope Down the Rabbit Hole will be welcomed here as warmly as Traveling with Sesshoumaru and sadly, Kagome, the Lady of the West were. I'm actually a little nervous about posting that story in place of another. But as I have said before, Rabbit Hole is a story that I can continue to write, althought it won't be rated Mature.

Logged Logged
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22
OH I'm so sad I love that story! But I can understand the need to refocus you attention on something else while you try to recover what the story was. I will be waiting for the day when you decide to repost and I will read it without a doubt! Good luck!!

Logged Logged

advi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
@ Daniella: Thank you.

Alright, I have just removed Kagome, Lady of the West from Dokuga, now to remove it from ff.net.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/26 00:29 By advi. Reason: To add further developement to what is happening to the title story
Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I know you've all probably already been advised on this or figured it on your own, but have any of you (who are authors) considered investing in an External Hard drive? I went on Ebay and spent $30 on a 320GB E.H. and I store *everything* on it. A few years ago, I crashed my laptop and lost YEARS worth of memories, pictures, docs, music etc and I learned my lesson after that. Once a month I re-save everything onto my E.H.

Logged Logged
ILM
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
oh i loved that story. when it was on ff.net i got all the way to the point where rin is missing and kagome was fighting to get her back. they were a sessy mothers place when she was kidnapped.

Logged Logged

Click Me!Adopted from squiby
Erliane
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Very sorry to hear this, I really liked that story! I hope you'll be able to recollect everything and all I can say is, back up! I have my story backed up on at least three different mediums.

Just back up every time you write a bit. It is a lot of work, but it pays off. You won't ever lose /all/ of it.

Believe me, I had to learn the hard way too.

Logged Logged
Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
That is a terrible stroke of luck, and it is equally terribly to see that story leave. I wish you the best of luck on your future endeveours!

Logged Logged

Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
Aww I sympathize with you I had that done to me (somewhat). I had almost twenty-five chapters written from my fan fiction and got a virus on my computer that caused me to have to buy an entirely new one because it utterly destroyed it DX. I had a few stories I had in the works on it I hadn't posted as well and was very excited to post them until I lost them.

I haven't even bothered to rewrite what I lost its just so discouraging when you lose something you worked so hard to perfect and when you're completely satisfied with its end result and lse it, you just become fed up. I know I personally felt like I could not replicate what I had produce and turned my back on it all. I hope you get over this annoying, unfortunate bump and truck on!

Logged Logged
Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I am so sorry to hear this! I know how it feels to have the unfortunate luck of loosing all your hard work... I am so terribly sorry.

Perhaps you can try to re-write them?

I wish you luck in your future!

~Sandreline

Logged Logged

Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
So sorry to hear that. That must have been scary. I have a suggestion: open a Dropbox account. Its a document repository website.I do that for my teaching materials. I lost all my PDF books before and I freaked out. I have also saved my stories there. You could also try emailing copies to yourself. That'll work also.

Cheer up!

Logged Logged
HelloCandy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
is there an unlike button?! I'm sad now...Lady of the West was one of the first fics I read...EVER...and now it's going to be taken down...T_T!! However I understand, I've lost months of writing as well then having to start over so I feel your pain...

please ignore this...I got my stories confused...lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/12 23:35 By HelloCandy.
Huntress11
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome, Lady of the West to be pulled off the net 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
Aw man I really loved that story.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.