Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I need help coming up with a fitting title
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I need help coming up with a fitting title
SilverInu93
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
i just finished the first chapter and need help with the title. here is the summery.

Since Kagome laid eyes on InuYasha she she has had crush on him but things go sour when she over hears him talking to Kikyo in the movies on valentines day it brakes her heart. Ripping the movie ticket up she takes a cab back to the dorm but does not make it back. With the turn of event will Kagome find the one who will give her the love she craves or will she be destined to be alone.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/16 21:49 By SilverInu93.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 60
Hello

I have a few titles in mind, but I have also edited your summary for you (I hope you don’t mind >///<).

Edited summary:

Ever since Kagome had laid eyes on Inuyasha, she’s had a crush on him, but things turn sour when she overheard him talking to Kikyo at the movies, on Valentine’s Day. It broke her heart. Ripping the movie ticket up, she took a cab back to her dorm; however, she never made it there. With the turn of events taking place in her life, will Kagome find the one who will give her the love she craves, or will she be destined to be alone?

Title ideas:

#1: Expect the Unexpected
#2: Just Around the Corner
#3: Just the Beginning
#4: Crave
#5: Never Alone
#6: Heart’s Desire

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/16 22:52 By belovedstranger.

~BelovedStranger~
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
SilverInu93 wrote:
i just finished the first chapter and need help with the title. here is the summery.

Since Kagome laid eyes on InuYasha she she has had crush on him but things go sour when she over hears him talking to Kikyo in the movies on valentines day it brakes her heart. Ripping the movie ticket up she takes a cab back to the dorm but does not make it back. With the turn of event will Kagome find the one who will give her the love she craves or will she be destined to be alone.

Interesting summary, although you really need to watch your spelling and punctuation. Readers can be turned off from reading your story by the most basic things. Remember the summary is the first thing they read besides the story title. It is what advertises and therefore attracts your readers.

BelovedStranger's edit is a good proofing example too.

I'd probably go with more pragmatic titles like: 'Valentines Day Deception' or 'Healing a Broken Heart', or 'Missing Miko' or 'Lost Lovers'.

Truthfully I usually just name my fics after a line or sentence from my stories. It's easier than being super-brainy creative with naming them.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
SilverInu93
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
not at all and thank you those are all wonderful titles

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 46
I agree with Pyre about the summary. Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling will make your writing all the more appealing. She gave me the same advice when I first started writing, and to this day, I'm still very thankful to her. It's a shame when interesting stories are overpassed by readers because of poor sentence structure and verb tense fwooms in the summary, and yours sounds interesting.

About the title, hm, I have a few suggestions. Turning Over a New leaf, Stand by Me, Taken by Surprise, Luck in Misfortune, and Love's Capriccio. I wish you the best of luck with your new story.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/17 09:51 By Stella Mira.

SilverInu93
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
thank you it was an idea that came to me at random and the summery was off the top of my head so it was indeed a bit sloppy

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 34
I really like the summary. It definitely sounds interesting. As for titles here are a couple suggestions:

1) More Than A Crush
2) The Difference
3) Heart's Mystery

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Panther
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need help coming up with a fitting title 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
It sounds really interesting as an idea!
As a long-time Dokuga reader, they're absolutely right about the grammar, it can be offputting, as it adds difficulty to reading the fanfic. Don't worry though, it's all practice!

For the title I would suggest:
-"Ticket to Destiny" (to play with the whole idea of it starting at the movies, her ripping up the ticket, etc.),
-"The Turnabout",
-"Mysteries of the Heart"
or "A Cab Ride Named Destiny" (ignore that last one, I just watched A Streetcar Named Desire ).

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.