Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The hidden treasures: Poetry!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The hidden treasures: Poetry!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The hidden treasures: Poetry! 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Let's face it, most people will completely skip a story as soon as they see that it has verse in the categories as poetry in fan fiction don't usually mix well. Honestly, it tends to be an original piece claiming to be fan fiction and we read this site for Kagome and Sesshoumaru, not for original work. So the few truly amazing fan fiction poems out there get completely over looked and more than once, my own reviewers have told me they nearly skipped over one of my own poems because it was in fact a poem.

So I figured that there are probably a lot more readers out there like that and since we already have recommendation lists like best completed and best incomplete fan fictions, I think it's time we have a best poetry. Now of course best is subjective, so I simply mean which ones you find are the best, but they do have to be fan fiction. The poems can be CU or AU, but there has to be at least one element that gives you reason to believe it is about them.

It could be as simple as mentioning the well, their physical descriptions such as his white hair or her brown eyes, the words demon or priestess or their names. It can be a story with a poem inside it, but only if the poem was actually written by the same author and not by someone else. No counting Robert Frost inserts as a poem fan fiction.

And I will keep a running list on this post so everyone can find the poems easily without having to search through the posts. If you're not sure if it truly falls into the fan fiction category, go ahead and post it anyways and I'll let you know. Worst case is that I don't add it to the list but it is still in the posts if anyone searches through them.

And most importantly, please remember to post the rating with your suggestion. Even poetry can have higher ratings. And you may post your own work if you truly feel it is a fan fiction poem, but please only post one at a time.

The hidden treasures: Poetry List!

A Distant Echo By iloveprettysilverhair Rated M!
A haunting night, a mournful girl, and her unfortunate companion... Poem written for Rikayu and D.S. Anno's Dokuga Halloween Challenge!

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.