Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
you gotta read this...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: you gotta read this...
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
Youkai_Buckskin- for helping out an author by sharing how much you enjoyed and appreciated her work I bestow upon you Karma

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Youkai_Buckskin
Pup
graphgraph
you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7212/1 Dude, this is so good, i really like how she can go from sarcastic humor to a romance like feel to emotional drama...I used to read only ff.net & mediaminer, but now thanks to this story and some others, dokuga is home for me. Go check it and give her some reviews. I wanna see more writing from her soon!
ADMINISTRATORS EDIT: Rated MA

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/04 13:27 By MoxyMikki.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
I've never read it - except for just now; I thought it was adorable!
And it did make me lauhg! Thanks for the recommendation!

Logged Logged

Youkai_Buckskin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Not a problem! it is cute & she has potential but is too humble to to self promote. She has told me in a pm that if her work is good enough, it should speak for itself. I've watchd in the last 2 1/2 hrs the reads have gone from 1372 to 1890 as of a few moments ago. Im the only that reviewed.

Logged Logged
Youkai_Buckskin
Pup
graphgraph
I forgot to mention the the Author [i]InuAtashi[i] & the story 'Its called Sarcasm, Sesshoumaru' with the link.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Sadly not everyone that reads bothers with the time to review- that doesn't always mean that they don't want to or that they won't, however. Sometimes it's that the reader is viewing the story from a device that isn't compatible with the site's review system (I used to encounter this problem when reading from my iPod- it would let me say, post a comment to the forum, but not recognize the fields in the review form), others are pressed for time, so they've read it now, but return to leave a review later on. And yes, there are a lot of lurkers. sadly.

Sometimes that's a good thing as some readers won't review a story if they find that it's good because they reserve reviewing for questions they feel need to be addressed or for dispensing constructive criticism to help the author. I'm not saying that this excuses lack of reader-response across the board, but there are readers who whole-heartedly believe that leaving reviews that don't say anything (the usual "Good job, please update soon," etc) don't serve any purpose, don't tell the author anything and thus are more of a nuisance than a help.

<.< . . . Again, not trying to excuse or defend any potential lurkers, just explaining that not all of it might be as intentionally 'unresponsive' as it seems at the moment. I, personally, think you did a very wonderful thing by recommending a story you enjoyed because, while we all hope our work will speak for itself, it can sometimes be very difficult to draw readers into your world based on summary and title alone.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/02 13:31 By Freya Ishtar.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
Freya - I lurk;

I definitely lurk;

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore getting reviews however I am not much to review. I can say I reviewed a total of five stories maybe this year so far. It has to be the most amazing story EVER to get me to review~ or I absolutely love and adore that person. I'm not one dispense constructive criticism because it all just comes out bad.

I also don't review because I son't have anything substantial to say, telling the writer what I want to see usually makes me feel like I'm telling, "I hate how this is going do this instead". And telling them I like certain aspects of it makes me feel like I'm telling them the rest sucks.

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I lurk, on occassion, myself- unintentionally, I think. I don't often read fanfictions at all, so when I do, and I'm unable to leave a review at the time that I've read whatever fic it might be I tend to forget. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't 'not read fanfics' because I'm a snot, or an elitist or anything, I just tend to get caught up in reading and want to keep reading, and forget about my own writing. As a result, I really only read fanfictions when it's something in response to a challenge that I've posted, or am otherwise interested in reading the entries to a specific challenge, if it's something a friend has written that they've asked me to look over, or- as is the case with this fic- someone waves a 'check this out' flag XD.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
THIS STORY IS MA RATED!!! Please remember to put ratings into any forum posts where you link stories!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
THIS STORY IS MA RATED!!! Please remember to put ratings into any forum posts where you link stories!

~~Wiccan~~

Doh! I usually catch those things. Sorry, Wiccan, I'm a bit off my game today.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Freya Ishtar wrote:
WiccanMethuselah wrote:

~~Wiccan~~

Doh! I usually catch those things. Sorry, Wiccan, I'm a bit off my game today.

LOL!! No problem, sweetheart... I just got home from an all day business trip and was checking the emails, so decided to catch this one before it slipped my mind. I anticipated being gone a lot longer and alerted Moxy to catch the stories for me, so figured I'd do her a good turn instead.

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Youkai_Buckskin
Pup
graphgraph
My bad for not putting the rating. Won't happen again & thanks for pointing that out for me

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/04 13:34 By MoxyMikki.
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
As teleporting(bamfing, teehee, Nightcrawler reference XD) lurker, as in I poof in and out whenever the mood suits me, I usually only review stories I greatly enjoy, if something bothered me or interest me, or people who are new to fanfiction and are heavily critical of themselves. A lot of them give up if they don't get feedback so I try to send something. This site is kind of...set in a mold if you will, the longer you been here, the more feedback you get. People who been around and are trusted authors who you know are going to update, tend to get a lot more feedback whereas someone new tends to get the shy treatment, lots of views, but few reviews or comments at least until everyone is sure they will stick around. I know, because I do it too. I'm get terrified that I'll get glued to new author and then...poof they're gone like dust in the wind and so I go off and binge on older stories or complete only stories for awhile before I venture out and try again. I'm going to try this one though b/c everyone things so highly of it.

Logged Logged

Youkai_Buckskin
Pup
graphgraph
Thanks, Freya, wow! I feel special! Really! InuAtashi said I'd be happy here, she was so right! Thanks again!!

Logged Logged
InuAtashi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:you gotta read this... 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I had initially asked "Buck" not to push my story like this in hopes that my writing would speak for itself, but since this thread is up it's fine at this point. I do welcome constructive criticism as I no longer have a beta. And I do hope everyone who reads it enjoys. I'm trying to decide if I should change it from a one shot series to a chapter fic...because my darn plot bunnies decided to rebel against me lol.I guess I'll have to make a decision pretty soon.

Hugs & Puppy Love,
InuAtashi

Logged Logged

~InuAtashi
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.