Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
"Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: "Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
"Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
First, I discovered anime, courtesy of Cartoon Network (curse them for their recent programming changes!)

Then, I discovered the existence of fan fiction, and promptly became an addict. Other than being a Sess/Kag shipper, I was Canon all the way. I just didn't get the whole A/U thing, especially stories set in modern times, with no reference point to the feudal era. I skipped over so many great stories for the longest time. I read some of KogasAngel's more canon work, and was so enamored with her writing that I decided to give her A/U stories a chance. Nowadays, I enjoy a good A/U story as much as anyone.

So I thought I would give some recommendations for the very best "classic" A/U stories I have come across.

One of the most outrageously A/U stories I have read is "Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY. In this story, Kagome was born in Germany to German parents, who died while she was still in the hospital after she was born. Her father had a premonition that he and his wife would not be able to take care of her, and had named the Higurashis, a Japanese family who ran a Japanese restaurant in Germany, as her godparents. After graduating from high school in Germany, Kagome was accepted as an exchange student to Japan, so she could experience her adoptive parents' culture. Turns out, their culture was way more different than Kagome had anticipated. Different, right?

Awesomely different. I won't give any more of the plot away, let's just say that if you haven't read this story yet, you are really missing out. You can find it here on Dokuga.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:"Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
Love you, KT! I feel so honored and touched that you like the story ML Monty and I co-wrote! I can't wait to send ML the link so she can come read your accolade!

I do want to make this disclaimer, however, I know that Sesshoumaru acts very o/c in places and that is my fault; ML was gracious enough to let the story unfold as it did and allow me free expression of my creativity. Something I don't allow her when I beta her work.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:"Cultural Differences" by ML MONTY 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
Rowdy, you should be sooooo proud of this story, and your portrayal of Sesshomaru. In "Cultural Differences", Sesshomaru is my definition of a perfect knight, cultured, disciplined, and loyal, while maintaining a fearsome quality that is shown best when he is defending those he chooses to protect! Not the milktoast, watered down, Miniver Cheevey personna we sometimes see in AU stories. Kudos to you and ML MONTY!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.