Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Historically accurate fanfics?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Historically accurate fanfics?
Zelda of Arel
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for finished longer fanfics that take place in the past, and are in the Canon universe. However, here is the catch. I find it disturbing how many authors often describe Western style rooms and interiors, for example, when talking about Sesshoumaru's home. Like doors to rooms, chairs everywhere, raised beds. I'm just glad no one had a fork so far. It's rather off-putting, and have only seen few fanfics where the writer was aware of what a traditional home looked like. So I'm looking for more fanfics, where at least the surroundings are described true to history.

Thanks!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dragonscloud
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 116
Try "Destined for Me" by cindygirl on FFN (rated M there would be MA here)
www.fanfiction.net/s/2632933/1/Destined-for-Me
Sesshomaru was Lord of the Western Lands. He had been ruling for 224 years. But a law states that he must find a mate before he reaches 225 of being lord to the land. An old medalleon given to him by his fathers best friend will help him seek h

Logged Logged
Didie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 65
Try this, one of my all time favorite story (and favorite author):
Chain of Love by Chie
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2161/1

Rated MA with very soft and lovely lemons, but of course no YIMS yet, please!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
Didie wrote:
Try this, one of my all time favorite story (and favorite author):
Chain of Love by Chie
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2161/1

Rated MA with very soft and lovely lemons, but of course no YIMS yet, please!

I feel obligated to point out that there are some historical inaccuracies in Chain, namely the hairstyles and kimono/obi I described. As an inspiration for this fic, to get a better picture in my head on how it all could have been, I was watching a historical drama -- but one that was actually set in the late Tokugawa era, not in the Sengoku jidai.

So unfortunately due to this mistake on my part, certain fashions I've mentioned in the fic wouldn't actually have been in use until the Edo period... (Though perhaps the demon court could have been ahead of their time? ^^; )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/08/09 06:03 By Chie.
Maria-Salvatore29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
TRY HER FICS!!!! <3

www.fanfiction.net/u/1035027/forthright

particularly:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5348115/1/Unspoiled

Something goes awry during a trip through the Well, and Kagome is stranded in the distant past where she encounters a familiar face. When a very young Sesshoumaru decides to keep her, the consequences ripple through time. SK. COMPLETE.
Rated: Fiction T

AND
www.fanfiction.net/s/7241166/1/Lord-Charming

CU. More than Sesshoumaru's pride took a blow when he lost his arm. He's in a delicate position... and desperate enough to seek the advice of a self-proclaimed expert. A clumsy romantic adventure told in 100-word snippets.
Rated: Fiction T

(Not sure if Rated T in fanfiction.net is Rated M here at Dokuga, but just in case, keep off minors! )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/08/09 13:01 By mariasalvatore29.
Zelda of Arel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Chie, I was just reading your fics, and that's what's inspired my request! Loved them all! I was wondering about the dresses as well, because I recalled that in a documentary on women they were talking about how Japanese women dressed, but that was about a much earlier period. I'd love to read more on the everyday lives of people around that time, or at least the Lords and Ladies.

I'll check out the ones mentioned. I was reading "Destined for Me", but the style feels a bit off. I think I may have read it a long time ago. I'll try to continue with it. Nowadays fanfics seem to be of a much higher quality then they were 10 years ago. I can't believe I read my first fanfic about 19 years ago! It was Highlander. Wrote my first 18 years ago. I'm old.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Zelda of Arel wrote:
Chie, I was just reading your fics, and that's what's inspired my request! Loved them all! I was wondering about the dresses as well, because I recalled that in a documentary on women they were talking about how Japanese women dressed, but that was about a much earlier period. I'd love to read more on the everyday lives of people around that time, or at least the Lords and Ladies.

Aww, thank you, I'm so glad to hear you liked them!

One of the books I've been using on occasion is Handbook To Life In Medieval And Early Modern Japan by William E. Deal. On top of the history it does include chapters on the everyday life so if you're able to find it, it could be an interesting read!

Logged Logged
Zelda of Arel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I'll try online. I'm at the end of the world in a smaller city in Hungary.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
I feel you, I have much the same problem living in Finland, but thankfully online bookstores exist!

Logged Logged
Shannon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
It's not complete yet, but it's one of the best fics I've ever read. Hands down the first sesskag story I think of everytime I imagine them together.
It's called Beside You In Time by RosieB
If you get the chance, I highly recommend this one. It's very accurate historically as well.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated M, NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/02/24 09:06 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating - required by RULES!
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
Hello I'm a Korean/Japanese history major I'm currently writing a fic its strictly historic its called

Koshitsu no Sokushitsu "Imperial Concubine" I'm happy you are into historical fics its all I read.. its incomplete but I update frequently enjoy.

Also Autumn by Evellin is beautifully written and accurate according to the time written

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated M, NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/02/25 17:51 By ... Reason: recommendation to another authour
Legendary Ashes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Historically accurate fanfics? 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I was looking at this thread for a while and wondering if I should post a reply. Not sure if I should mention this since you asked for "finished" historical stories, but there is one story in particular that's really awesome out here lately called "Limerance" by Kyndred Raven. The author updates pretty often, and the story is really well written. The surroundings feel authentic and I'm pretty sure the author mentioned that the events are based around true history.

Here is a link in case you're curious: www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/10069/1

This story is rated MA.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.