Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Beside You In Time by RosieB
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Beside You In Time by RosieB
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Beside You In Time by RosieB 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
I've been reading Inuyasha fanfiction ever since the anime came out and of all the ones I've read in the last decade (InuKag and SessKag), Beside You In Time by RosieB is one of the BEST there is out there. Although it is incomplete, it was last updated a few months ago which makes me extremely happy that she hasn't given up on the story! This is one of my favourite stories tied in first place with Tales from the House of the Moon - that's how amazing it is!

Reasons why this story is awesome and why you should read it:

1. The writing is impeccable - no grammar or spelling mistakes, sentence structure is amazing and when reading, each word has a purpose and draws you into the world that author has created. There are no excessive or unnecessary use of words to fill the space, and if you've read some of her earlier works, you can see how her writing has progressed from good to beautifully great.

2. Character portrayal and development is spot on - Kagome sounds like herself and is not a whiney overly emotional girl like how some fanfics depict her as. Sesshomaru is still himself, and as the story takes you throughout their journey, everything they do is believable from their actions to every word they say.

3. Great use of character both from the anime and her OCs. Not only are the characters she uses from the anime believable and lovable, so are her original characters used to progress the story. You really have to read it to see what I mean.

4. Each chapter is like a mini history lesson, and really does feel like you're actually drifting through time to all of the places she takes our lovable couple to.

5. There is angst, drama, romance, action, and adventure (and a bit of gore) - a little something for everyone, and she uses these so well to draw you into the story further. When I was reading I kept asking myself "why hasn't she gotten more reviews for this??!! Why did I just find out about this story now and not before?"

There are a ton more reasons why this story is so great but I'll stop rambling now and let you see for yourself. And Rosie, if you're reading this, please please pleaseeee don't ever give up on this story! It is legendary!

Go read it now! (Story is rated M)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/928/1

Summary:
After the Jewel is stolen and the wish is made, Kagome finds herself cursed with immortality. Convincing Sesshoumaru to help her, they travel the world and through some of the most cataclysmic periods of human history to defeat the powerful thieves.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/01/11 12:06 By SHORTFRY.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Beside You In Time by RosieB 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 33
Warning: SPOILER

This story is superb. I love reading it, and I even sacrificed a few precious hours of sleep to read more and more. The struggles Kagome had to endure, the horrible experience she had gone through (I even cried at that part); so helpless while she's so far from her only protector, then her marriage, her inability to have children, her love for her husband and Sesshomaru, then her budding relationship with that said yokai, and then finding out that the very same male have a child with another female that I prefer to be out of the picture(I still can't accept it, though the daughter grows on me now)... It's amazing. Her stories are always wonderful, so it's no surprise that she writes another great one.

Her OCs are wonderfully created and written. The characterization is so strong; if they are set up as the bad guys, you despised them, and if they are set up as the nice guy, you adore them, and if they are set up as the gray character, you don't know what to feel and just sit back and enjoy the story.

I recommend this story too, and please, leave a review or two, or many, for the author. It is the greatest fuel and gift for every author out there.

Logged Logged
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beside You In Time by RosieB 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
Beautiful isn't it? I'm hanging off my seat waiting for its completion.

OH, and YoukaiYume did a beautiful fanart tribute to one of the chapters

http://youkaiyume.deviantart.com/art/SessKag-Might-be-Friends-150605378

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/01/31 21:15 By SHORTFRY.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.