Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: comfort
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
comfort 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Hi guys, I've been struggling a bit with things and would really, extremely love to have some strong, healthy relationship fics. Or fluff and sweetness, or slow and adorable, and amusingly funny stuff. Things with strong bonds, or light and just lovey~

With everything with Ferguson and all the deaths, it's been getting to me extremely hard, and I know you guys already sorta got an inside from Miss Shadow (I hope I didn't get the wrong person )Ferguson affects me for so many reasons, but it's not just about me, so I won't get into it.

Reading fics is one of the little things that have been helping me get by. Another challenge that I'm facing is, my mom's on chemotherapy and she's been on it before though it was a pill before, and now it's a sessions with IV.(not cancer but it is a cancer treatment)

We've had discussions before of when she got really ill and what the future might look like, but this time, she's even been thinking of starting to sell goods and things.

We're running tight on money and tbh this might be the only year of college I'll get to do, it doesn't help my own heath hinders things.

I'm sorry I'm majorly dumping this own you guys, I've always had a problem with sharing too much, no matter what I try to do to keep it short. So yeah, with all things, and no physical support around me, I've been using fics and youtube to keep me a tide.

So, again, really sorry for spewing word vomit of my life in pieces , and I really hope you have some suggestions, I'd love to hear them!! ;u;

Logged Logged

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 109
I can understand a bit of where you're coming from. My aunt had to go through chemo and watching her go through that was one of the hardest things I had to do. Just keep giving a smile, and try to think happy thoughts. I know, it's not the best advice, but it does help a little.

As for good fluffy works, here's a few:
Moments that Add Up to Love
Maid with Care by AimeeBlue
Just Turn Around...And Fall in Love

And then the just for laughs ones:
The Adventures of Chibimaru and Gang
Author's Parody - EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, no YIMs!

Sorry Wiccan! Thanks for editing for me!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/12/01 23:44 By kaoruhana.
RebaJean
Pup
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 16
I would recommend anything by Forthright for light and fluffy distractions. I know that I enjoyed reading them a few years ago when recovering from surgery and dealing with radiation and chemo side effects. Tally Mark also & any chibi S/K might help distract as well. Hope things improve soon.

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Maid with Care is one of my faves, well most of AimeeBlue's works are. I've also read chibimaru, but I'll definitely check out the others!!

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
I've gone through the majority of Forthright's and Tally Mark's stuff several times, but it can't hurt to read them again.

thank you!

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Also!! It doesn't have to be pure fluff or anything. But I'd also love something or anything with strong healthy relationships, built on trust and consent, and not a lot of controlling stuff.

Or better yet! Major Kagome, who's been wronged and putin people in their place! Just, no, like he still treatin her like crap but she likes him stuff

idk, strong females, humor and quality relationships~

tbh, I've probably read through most and the majority of fluff k-t stuff here, since I technically wasn't allowed to read anything over M for like a year or two. but now, I'll be 19 soon enough!!

Logged Logged

Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 154
I decided to go browsing through my favourites on ff.n, and this is what I turned up that I think would fit your criteria:

I'd recommend most of Kaoruhana's works. Ratings vary from M to K+ on those.

Another fantastic author is fringeperson. She has written in a HUGE number of fandoms, and I love most of the stories that she's written in the fandoms I follow. Ratings vary from K to M on the full collection of stories, but the Inuyasha stuff is all between K and T, although I suspect that my favourite (Trapped Together) might be rated M here.

There is a huge variety in Kanna37's works. If you are willing to try alternate pairings; then I highly recommend any of her KagomexInuPapa stories. On the SK stuff, "In Death, Trust Me, As You Didn't in Life" is amazing, but the first two chapters make me cry every time I read it. "Windows on the West," "Bitterly Yours," "Sweet Betrayal," "A Winter Wish," and "The Flower Girl" would also fit your criteria (I think). If you like InuyashaxKagome, have a browse there too. I'm not a fan of the pairing, in general, but I like how she writes it a lot of the time. Beware genres and summaries though, because Kanna also writes stuff that fits in the controlling category. Most of Kanna's stuff is M or MA.

A wonderful PapaxKagome story is Fangs of the Father by Umei no Mai. Rated T on ff.n, but I suspect it would be M here. Lots of great SK friendship in this one, and she has an interesting take on most of the series main characters and their relationships.

Luna-magic-2005 has lots of wonderful, sweet, funny stories - a lot of her oneshots have ended up in my favourites! Ratings vary from K to M.

Fourshotchild has two SK stories: "Rosetti's Romeo" (rated T) and "The Black Dog" (rated M).

I'm of two minds on recommending The Weight of Memories by minerva-one because it can be sad, but it's also about the healing that comes through/afterwards. Rated T on ff.n.

Two minds on TiggyToggy's Finding Her Strength (M on ff.n, but I think MA here) too. It's a story with Sesshomaru past and Sesshomaru present. The two characters are very different in their relationship to Kagome. Sesshomaru present has a healthy relationship with Kagome, Sesshomaru past does not. There's a lot of angst in there, but they all get through it. There's also a lot of Kagome being wronged and learning how to put people in their place!

Last, but not least, if you're willing to try a crossover, I recommend Daddy Dearest by Bunny.W.K (rated T). This crossover is with Avengers and meshes Kagome's return to the future after Naraku's death with the first(?) a Avengers movie. I laughed a lot reading it, but it isn't all fun and games. Some SK friendship in there, too.

I hope there's some new stuff in here for you that helps to lift you up! Tough times are tough, and even more so when you feel alone in them. I've been there too, and stories have been my refuge for the majority of my life.

And just to put it out there, all the M and MA stuff mentioned is not for YIMs!

Logged Logged
Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 35
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I have quite enjoyed Paper Cranes on ff.net (rated M, may qualify as MA). Fair warning: the first chapter includes non-con, but Kagome leaves immediately and a long distance, healthy, relationship develops. The author updates every Saturday.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is definitely an MA, no YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/12/03 08:46 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: clarify rating
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I've read the majority of Kanna's stuff, though the new ones are too sad, or get my angry with sessh. ;u; though I do think her new one with a take no shiz Kagome is wonderful.

But the other authors are new, so I'll check them out!! thank you!!

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Ya know, I think I read finding her strength before o.O but I feel like I didn't finish it for some reason??? or I lost my place? hmmmnnnnng

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Thank you for the trigger warning and the recommendation! I'll check it out

Logged Logged

dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:comfort 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 33
I'm sorry to hear (or read) your troubles... I'll give you a big, virtual hug :') Hope you can get trough all of this. I was.. and still am healing from well, something, and I run to fanfictions ever since, so I think I knew what you're feeling right now.

Here is my recommendation:

Masked Truth by Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer. Warning: Prepare your tissues.

Substitute Groom by NicoRaven Pen. RATED MA, so save it for another... couple months? LOL (but you've read Kanna's works You can't just resist, can you? *winks*). It doesn't have explicit scenes, but still. It's more on the fluffy side.

Love Lessons by Himura Asami, because it is, as usual, hilarious.

Dramatic! by Chie. While she didn't use Inuyasha's characters name (using each seiyuu's name instead) and 'Sesshomaru' reminds me a lot to Tsuruga Ren of Skip Beat!.. it's entertaining, and fun to read.

Petite Problems by Kagome Yuki Niwa. Lil Kagome is just so cute.

Crooked Teeth by Silver Standard Society. Prepare for laughter to come.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.