Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Medicinal Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Medicinal Challenge
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Medicinal Challenge 12 Years ago Karma: 9
Could you provide some pointers/hints on medicinal marijuana? Or a reputable website? Doing a google search produces way too many hits and I'm not sure how far to believe some of them.

To write about something like this I think we should be responsible and accurate as possible.

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Medicinal Challenge 12 Years ago Karma: 76
This idea was spawned from one: my own fic which uses this, and two: the shows late night on NatGeo about Medicinal Marijuana.

Rules:
1. Maybe a oneshot, chapter, or drabble fic.
2. Length isn't very important; I'll leave that up to you.
3. Must include the use of, or sale of, medicinal marijuana.
4. Rating is unimportant, though considering the topic it will most likely be higher.
5. Must be canon or post-canon. (Ah, I'm a little evil.)

Well, I think that's about it. As this is the first challenge I've set out to see about, it might not look that good but I'm not really a stickler. You're all writers and I'm sure you have you're reasons for writing the way you do. So do what you do, and please let me know when you're done so I might read them and enjoy the smokey goodness.

General Information:
I can inform you of what I know and understand of it at the moment.

1. Currently Medicinal Marijuana is available in most states however, California, Nevada, and Colorado are the only ones I'm aware of that allow private citizens to operate dispensaries.

2. These dispensaries often operate under a non-profit title, as most if not all money that is not spent to maintain the buildings or grow facilities are spent in the community. (This may be false, however both from my own reading and what I've seen this is the trend.)

3. As for growing. Some facilities grow in house while others buy their supply from outside growers. In both cases the plants are checked extensively and for mites and any defects that would make the plant less desirable.

4. Beyond those facts, there is currently a wide gap between acceptance and denial in the United States. There are even now protest groups and some political parties that side against the use the medicinal marijuana which has caused problems in the past and will in the future.

5. Private Growers, those who sell to the dispensaries or even those who grow for their own personal use often have to obtain a permit from the county or state. The names for these permits vary and often have wildly different terms again, depending on where you are located.

That sums up my knowledge. I will look around for a reputable site or other source of information and come back when I have more information.

You're ever humble challenge master for this single moment in time,
Knight of Disorder

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/09 13:13 By Knight of Disorder.

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Medicinal Challenge 12 Years ago Karma: 76
sarhea wrote:
Could you provide some pointers/hints on medicinal marijuana? Or a reputable website? Doing a google search produces way too many hits and I'm not sure how far to believe some of them.

To write about something like this I think we should be responsible and accurate as possible.

I've added some information and will be adding more in the near future. If you have anything specific you are looking for you can ask me and I'll do my best to find the information for you.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.