Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Vampire Challenge Updated (Banner)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 4
TOPIC: Vampire Challenge Updated (Banner)
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Vampire Challenge Updated (Banner) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
I hadn't found any good or interesting vampire fanfic. Specially, not even finding Naraku as a vampire at all. So, I decide to make a vampire challenge for anyone who might be craving to write one.

Following Rules

The Theme?: The theme of this challenge the fanfic will be vampires. If you want to have other races in the fanfic then that ok.

What is the Rating?: It must be rated M or MA.

What about the Plot?: Any plot ideas that you wish to create. Have fun and go with the flow.

[b]How many chapters?: As many as you want or it can be a oneshot.

Characters for the story?: Have to be all Canon, but you may use other characters to add from your favorite anime/manga series. Such as from bleach, naruto, and other ect.

What about steamy lemon?: Of course lemon is allowed. I did say, that the rating is M or MA. But just remember that some people might have to turn their eyes away or things that may turn out to be XXX cause there are some people who dislike those things. Special, dirty words, which I cannot say them. So, just keep that in mind. But however the lemon turns out to be or however how you write it. I'm sure that it will be wonderful.

What of pairing?: Well, we all know that this is only Kagome/Sesshomaru of course, but there can be a love arrival, who might want to claim Kagome for themselves. You could try maybe a Narkau/Kagome which is something that you might have never done before, but hey, don't be afraid to try new things.

How came there not any fanfic about Naraku as a vampire?: To tell the truth, I have no idea. It would be nice to see some fanfic of Narkau as an older powerful vampire, which depends on the plot, and what the role will be for Narkau in the story. So, hopefully, maybe will see one day. Maybe a pairing one, but that would be another site that we might have to go read somewhere else.

Is there a due date?: No, there is not. Just do your own due date and post your fanfic here when your finished.

There are been many different tales about vampires. Which one is the real thing?: I wouldn't sweat it. There been many different tales about vampires such as there weakness and other stuff. Most of it is old school and can be boring, which start to get pretty get old. Usually, I think when you write about vampires just remember not to make them too powerful in the story which is one of the key things. Including, the most important thing to have is weakness.
If you want to have vampires walk in daylight and a way to kill a vampire is by silver, decapitation, a stake through the heart, and fire. Actually, silver is very effective to use against a vampire, which is all I know so far.

Can we make it base from a movie/television/book?: Sure, you can. But if you want to make it a little different like say,we are the night, instead of all three female trio vampires. leader vampire(Naraku)and the other two(Kaguya),and(Jakotsu). It's ok to make some changes. Specially, from your favorite television series such as true blood or some other old shows that you use to watch.

Have you seen any good movies or books?: I have read some good books, but don't remember the name of the titles. I've seen some good movies lately which some of them are comedy and mostly movies from the 80's.

Any good vampire movies that you can tell else?: I've watch this new movie called 'We are the night' and it really good, which is only English in subtitle, but still a good movie that I think everyone will like. Other movies I seen and remember from the 80's was the first and second movie of Fright night, lost boys, Dracula, Dracula: The Love Story to Die For, Perfect Creature, The Night Flier, Subspecies, My best friend is a vampire, love at first bite, and once bitten.

Is there a good site that we can watch online for free?: Try motion empire or tvlinks, or putlocker.is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/04/27 17:16 By Inu-demoness.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
Lol zan.

I wrote a vampire Kagome one shot for last Halloween (Precious Blood). The sequel I started to write to it is currently on hiatus and only has a single, very short chapter to it at the moment . . . if I take it off hiatus and continue it would it be acceptable for participation in this or do you only want stories penned specifically for this challenge?

(For anyone that might be interested to read the one-shot: Precious Blood Weary of her existence as a Vampire, Kagome seeks the truth to a legend that says she can live again if she drinks the blood of a Daiyoukai. If only misunderstandings didn't happen. *Rated MA*)

Edit: And I don't know how my response is up here when I replied after zandrellia :/ (OH- that reminds me, The Sacrifice is going to be updated next week- I had the most awful head cold this week and I just couldn't get my brain to focus on the writing for more than a handful of sentences at a time)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 14:38 By Freya Ishtar.
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I'm taking this challenge!!! -scurries away-

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
So...so interesting. Let me see if my muse cooperates... perhaps she will since she likes Vampires a lot =]

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 24
I've been refraining myself from writing a Vampire SessKag story... but now it looks like I'll have to pull that out of my dusty box of plunnies and write it!

In the meantime... Ever read MissTeak's Blood Rose Mirror? (Rated M) It's a fabulously angsty romance with a vampire Sesshoumaru. Very nice read and it's the one that immediately came to mind when I read this challenge.

Logged Logged

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14
No one ever writes vampire stories.

Logged Logged
Velvet Sometimes
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Like you Zandy? -Coughs and points over to Hallowed Ground-
Its a great Vamp fic, by the by, I would suggest reading it. It's even MA

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 00:38 By Velvet Sometimes.

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Um, okay, this has been bothering me a little- I grew up learning the mythos behind some supernatural creatures (we won't go into why) and this 'silver definitely hurts vampires'? That's not always the case, consider it more of a 'subjective myth'. The reason it's not seen in a lot of vampire novels & movies is because not a lot of vampire enthusiasts put much stock into that particular idea. The differing opinions on this point might be because silver is thought to hurt 'supernatural' creatures, like werewolves, and vampires are always lumped in with other supernatural creatures when they are actually 'unnatural' creatures, so while some of the same weaknesses certainly can apply (after all, it's all about personal preference and author's discretion) it doesn't always.

If you do some research, you find a lot of interesting things about the background of the long standing myths (for example: a stake through the heart? Was never originally intended as 'death' to the suspected vampire, it was meant to pin the body into the earth to keep it from getting up out of it's grave; garlic? Well, it was thought that vampires would smell bad because they were dead, and therefore should be starting to give off the smell of decomp [I know, I know, someone is thinking 'Zombies' as they read this, but vampires are also, technically, the 'living dead'] and so something that smelled just as bad would repel them . . . don't ask me, we're talking old world villager logic, here XD). When we rely on only what we read in novels or see in movies for things that are as 'pick and choose' as vampire myths it can be hard to tell what's the author's own idea, what's a pop-culture belief and what is coming from actual myth.

Hence why we have an entire generation of tween-girls thinking vampires hide from the sun because they 'sparkle'. *grumbles and shudders*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 09:33 By Freya Ishtar.
Sp@ceMonkey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Interesting, Freya.

Just wanted to toss it out there that the Vampire myths originated as a very very early explanation for rabies, so when you look at it that way, a lot of the aspects of the myth (photo sensitivity, transferred through biting, being sensitive to strong smells, erratic behavior, attacking people, ect.) all make perfect sense.

Also, the idea that being/becoming a vampire was sometimes used to explain stomach tumors or other kinds of cancer that make you very pale and unable to eat. There is a tale of a Germanic princess from waaay back in the day who was believed to have had a vampire lover who was slowly turning her into one of his kind because her health was progressively worsening, she was coughing up blood, her skin was paling and she was unable to eat "human food". Now we know it was probably stomach cancer, but they didn't know that then, and they staked her, cut off her head and buried her with it between her knees.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Sp@ceMonkey wrote:
Interesting, Freya.

Just wanted to toss it out there that the Vampire myths originated as a very very early explanation for rabies, so when you look at it that way, a lot of the aspects of the myth (photo sensitivity, transferred through biting, being sensitive to strong smells, erratic behavior, attacking people, ect.) all make perfect sense.

Also, the idea that being/becoming a vampire was sometimes used to explain stomach tumors or other kinds of cancer that make you very pale and unable to eat. There is a tale of a Germanic princess from waaay back in the day who was believed to have had a vampire lover who was slowly turning her into one of his kind because her health was progressively worsening, she was coughing up blood, her skin was paling and she was unable to eat "human food". Now we know it was probably stomach cancer, but they didn't know that then, and they staked her, cut off her head and buried her with it between her knees.

Wow, that is just a horrific story . Vampirism also was the explanation for porpheria (I don't think I'm spelling that correctly) and more severe cases of anemia.

Oh, another interesting tidbit (I do apologize, I know we're side-tracking, but I just wanted to put this out there for anyone that might want a 'traditional-base' twist on their story submissions for this challenge) When Vlad Tepes (the real Dracula) died on the battle field, it was because he charged in expecting troops from a king he was allied with to back him up. Vlad had imparted the message about needing these troops to the king's son, Stephen Bathory, to pass along to the king. The king never received the message, so the troops Vlad was waiting for never came. A few centuries later, the world learns of Elizabeth Bathory- called the Blood Countess for her belief and practice of bathing in virgin blood to keep herself looking youthful. When her crime was discovered, she was walled up in a room in her estate and given meals through a small opening that was left in the wall.

The thing that interested me about this was that the name is right there, but we never hear about this sort of thing, I had to go digging through historical accounts of Vlad Tepes' life and death to learn of this (very intriguing, from a paranormal-romance author's point of view XD) connection. Also- Dracula was beheaded on the battle field and the only true identifier that it was him were the armor and adornments found on the body (it's my understanding the head was not found). There were two cases where they 'thought' they'd found his remains, but in one case, it turned out to be animal bones and in the other . . . the witness never actually 'saw' the body, so much as saw a form under a cloth, which crumbled when exposed to the air- but it was long enough of a viewing to see, distinctly that the head was there, seemingly atop the neck, where it should be.

Make of that what you will

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 14:05 By Freya Ishtar.
Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
Freya Ishtar wrote:

Wow, that is just a horrific story . Vampirism also was the explanation for porpheria (I don't think I'm spelling that correctly) and more severe cases of anemia.

Oh, another interesting tidbit (I do apologize, I know we're side-tracking, but I just wanted to put this out there for anyone that might want a 'traditional-base' twist on their story submissions for this challenge) When Vlad Tepes (the real Dracula) died on the battle field, it was because he charged in expecting troops from a king he was allied with to back him up. Vlad had imparted the message about needing these troops to the king's son, Stephen Bathory, to pass along to the king. The king never received the message, so the troops Vlad was waiting for never came. A few centuries later, the world learns of Elizabeth Bathory- called the Blood Countess for her belief and practice of bathing in virgin blood to keep herself looking youthful. When her crime was discovered, she was walled up in a room in her estate and given meals through a small opening that was left in the wall.

The thing that interested me about this was that the name is right there, but we never hear about this sort of thing, I had to go digging through historical accounts of Vlad Tepes' life and death to learn of this (very intriguing, from a paranormal-romance author's point of view XD) connection. Also- Dracula was beheaded on the battle field and the only true identifier that it was him were the armor and adornments found on the body (it's my understanding the head was not found). There were two cases where they 'thought' they'd found his remains, but in one case, it turned out to be animal bones and in the other . . . the witness never actually 'saw' the body, so much as saw a form under a cloth, which crumbled when exposed to the air- but it was long enough of a viewing to see, distinctly that the head was there, seemingly atop the neck, where it should be.

Make of that what you will

Where did you find that information, Freya? Because our history books (Romanian history books) say he died of typhoid fever. It was on the battle field, during a siege, I think (high school was a long time ago ), but he died in his own camp. There are several legends regarding his cruelty, including one about how he nailed the hats of some Turkish emissaries on their heads because they refused to take them off when talking to him.
As far as I have researched this matter (which is very little) the Dracula myth started from two historical facts: his family name was Dragulea and his father was a member of the Order of the Dragon and Vlad Tepes would sign documents with his name, which was Vlad Dracul.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/28 11:54 By sakura_dragon10.

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I don't remember the website unfortunately, it was a few years ago that I'd read this. I'm not claiming to know what's the truth, I just found it to be really interesting as a story . Though . . . dying of typhoid fever 'during' a seige on the battlefield does seem like awfully coincidental timing . Heck, to be totally honest most Americans don't even trust our history books 'cause we're brought up knowing that good portions of it are BS, history being written by the victor and all that (or parts were deliberately embellished or left out to make for a better story- just check out Robert Wuhl's Assume the Position some time ). Though the thing about the animal bones in the grave that was supposed to be his- and the other about the body disintegrating due to exposure- I caught on history channel documentaries.

Yeah, I heard that story about nailing the hats to the heads, but then I heard it from my dad as a child. I came across some really disturbing tales on the internet, but it was stated openly that it was unclear what was true and what was fabricated, or embellished, to add to his notoriety. And these stories were things that made the nailed hats thing seem like a friendly gesture :/

As for his name, I'd . . . kinda been raised with that sort of info known, so it's not like I 'expect' everyone to know it, but it's a bit odd to me when people 'don't know it . . . if that makes any sense.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/28 12:34 By Freya Ishtar.
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
Ok it's not quite M or MA material, but I did write a oneshot a while back that did have Naraku as a vampire. Don't know if you have read it or not but my fic Searching for Love in a World Full of Blood link fits several of your parameters. Your welcome to give it a try

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Freya Ishtar wrote:
Lol zan.

I wrote a vampire Kagome one shot for last Halloween (Precious Blood). The sequel I started to write to it is currently on hiatus and only has a single, very short chapter to it at the moment . . . if I take it off hiatus and continue it would it be acceptable for participation in this or do you only want stories penned specifically for this challenge?

(For anyone that might be interested to read the one-shot: Precious Blood Weary of her existence as a Vampire, Kagome seeks the truth to a legend that says she can live again if she drinks the blood of a Daiyoukai. If only misunderstandings didn't happen. *Rated MA*)

Edit: And I don't know how my response is up here when I replied after zandrellia :/ (OH- that reminds me, The Sacrifice is going to be updated next week- I had the most awful head cold this week and I just couldn't get my brain to focus on the writing for more than a handful of sentences at a time)

Sorry, that I didn't reply to you back so soon. I've been trying to finish my first fanfic, which I really do need to get it finish, and get a hold of my beta. Anyway, as for the question for the stories for this challenge it really doesn't matter. It can be from your story that your still continuing working on or can be a new story. I do remembering reading one of those fanfic. Specially, 'Precious Blood' that I enjoyed. Also, sorry for the banner I think the person is very busy at the moment and hope that it will be posted soon. If anyone has questions please do ask me.

Logged Logged
House_Of_Eternal_Moon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
Okay so I saw this challenge and it got my lazy excuse of a muse to start working. I love vampires, and I love Inuyasha, so combining the two seemed like a good idea. I sat and plotted for weeks, and I've come up with something I hope you'll like.

Straying Into the Night
Rating: MA
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6449/1

Logged Logged

I claimed Kanna\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Mirror in the Claim Game ****Image under rework****
Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
Hmm, perhaps I'll give this a try. I'll squeaze it in between the other challenges I'm working on But I wanted to find a muse that would put me back into writing chapter stories, and I think this just might be it!

Logged Logged
FluffyandKagome
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vampire Challenge 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Sangria is also a vampire fic already out there with a vampire Naraku & Sesshomaru, though I don't remember who it is by...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.