Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New Years Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New Years Challenge
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New Years Challenge 5 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 109
Another challenge to commemorate the Holiday Season- the New Year's Challenge!

Similar to other challenges, this challenge will include a series of prompts which must be used according to the challenge guidelines.

BUT, this challenge has something extra: this challenge will include the first set of AWARDS Dokuga has had in a few years. Yes that's right- there will be three awards (first, second, and third place winners) for this challenge judged by various readers and authors here on Dokuga.

To participate, enter a story or artwork based on the prompts and challenge guidelines below. Once entered, all stories will be voted on during the week of January 2-9, and winners will be decided based on the votes. The winners will be announced on January 11!

You will only get one vote, so make your selection wisely!

For Writers:
You can incorporate the prompt into an existing story, or a new story, and be as creative as you want with what you write. However, in order to be considered having taken part, you will need to incorporate at least 10 of the prompt words in your story (see list below) and submit the story for the New Years challenge by 12AM EST December 31st. You can also submit 10 drabbles or unconnected oneshots for the challenge. (And, when posting your story link, please indicate its rating!)
In order to have your story entered into the challenge, you must post the story here on this thread, and make sure you indicate which prompts you used.
Any oneshot entered for this challenge must have a minimum of 1,500 words.

For Artists:
For artists who wish to participate, you must submit an original artwork created for this challenge incorporating at least five of the prompt words. Your deadline will also be the same- 12AM EST December 31st. You must post a link to the artwork here on this thread, please indicate what prompts you are using, and make sure to include a rating!

I look forward to seeing all the creative work y'all create and can't wait to see read and see them all!

A special thanks to JeniNeji whose artwork will be used to create the banners for this challenge!

Feel free to ask me any questions that may come along!

KH

PROMPTS:
1. Fireworks
2. Frost
3. Confetti
4. Hat
5. Champagne
6. Gold
7. Flurries
8. Skyscraper
9. Stars
10. Sparkly dress
11. Scarf
12. Glass
13. Elevator
14. Blue (the color)
15. Park
16. Lights
17. Music
18. Bubbles
19. Lipstick

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/12/01 00:22 By kaoruhana.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 52
Ratings? MA allowed?

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
All ratings are okay. Just post the rating when you link to the story on the thread.

Logged Logged
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
sooo back for the 2015-2016 New Year's Challenge i had actually started writing something with the intent of maybe participating, but in the end didn't finish. i thought to try and do so for 2016-2017, but didn't end up finishing then either. THIS year, however, i decided to try and finish while also using some of this New Year's Challenge's prompts AND some prompts from the December Holiday Challenge as well!!

so far i've got 15 prompts from 2015-2016, 11 prompts for 2018-2019 (though there are a couple overlapping prompts from 2015-2016 and this year's), and 12 of the December Holiday Challenge prompts! i'm actually pretty close to being done, and it will need a few edit rereads, but then it should be complete!! it's around 13,200+ words right now, and like i said, close but not yet done and will need edits so word count is gonna change some. yeah, it's long, and nothing particularly special to be honest, despite the length it's really just a short and sweet thing ^-^

it'll be the first fic i've ever finished for this pairing that's over 2k, in fact! a big deal for me

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/12/24 12:51 By Itsumademo.
VS
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 48
Hello,

here is my submission for your challenge.

A New Year's Challenge, Rating MA (high rating for language).

Summary: “You are fired.” /// “You are fired.” It was no secret that the position of secretary to Mr. Taisho was a much desired one. It was also no secret that a person could hold this position only for a span of 3 seconds to one week. But what if his third former secretary hadn’t finished with the preparations for the New Year’s party and nobody knew about that? Chaos!!! (Written for the New Year's Challenge 2018)

Chapters: 6

Used prompts:

1. Skyscraper
2. Elevator
3. Blue
4. Lipstick
5. Glass
6. Hat
7. Park
8. Frost
9. Music
10. Confetti

Enjoy!

And Happy New Year!

P.S. Karma for you, kaoruhana, for having the idea! Thank you!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/12/30 16:43 By VS*.
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/01/01 05:19 By Lady Nefertiti. Reason: Story does not exist
Revang
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, here’s mine!

It’s my very first fic, and I’m thankful for these prompts getting me started c:

Prompts used: fireworks, frost, confetti, hat, champagne, skyscraper, stars, elevator, music, bubbles

teaandcrumpets.tumblr.com/post/181572347737/fates-reprise

EDIT BY WICCAN: Just so everyone knows, this story would be rated T here!

Edit: Oops, thanks Wiccan!

Also oh god I mostly just wanted to participate in the fun/give myself motivation to complete the chapter, but I didn’t expect there to be so few entries! I really don’t think mine is even worth being up for vote- and it’s not even properly finished finished yet.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/01/04 07:29 By Revang. Reason: thanks, thoughts
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
okay!! this fic was first started for kaoruhana’s New Year's 2015-2016 Challenge, but never was finished. i tried to finish it for the next new years and didn't. with the return of kaoruhana’s New Year's 2018-2019 Challenge i decided to try to finish it up, and i did, woo!!!

this fic contains prompts from kaoruhana’s New Year's 2015-2016 Challenge (16 prompts), kaoruhana’s New Year's 2018-2019 Challenge (13 prompts in fic, 1 prompt in accompanying art), AND this December Holiday Challenge (13 prompts). OH! and the art that goes with the fic, it wasn't intended to be a challenge entry, it was just something i had drawn to go with the fic way back when i first started it and it happened to suit one of the prompts ^-^

here's the New Year's 2015-2016 Challenge Prompts used:
1. Champagne
2. Christmas lights
3. Black dress
4. Cake
5. Stars
6. Elevator
7. DJ
8. Coffee
9. Cocktail
10. Red
11. Gold
12. Road
13. Phone
14. Chapstick
15. Keys
16. Bright

and here's the New Year's 2018-2019 Challenge prompts used:
2. Frost
3. Confetti
4. Hat
5. Champagne
6. Gold
7. Flurries
9. Stars
10. Sparkly dress
11. Scarf
12. Glass
13. Elevator
14. Blue (the color)
16. Lights
17. Music

--

Accidentally on Purpose
[rated: T] [modern] [meet-cute]

Kagome would have never expected that accidentally bumping into the apparent new guy in town at the supermarket would lead to a strange and addictive sort of relationship, but somehow, that’s exactly what happened. And, oddly, the only place they ever interact is at that silly little store.

-

read on: Dokuga . ao3
accompanying art piece, found on: Dokuga . tumblr . pillowfort
moodboard, etc.: tumblr . pillowfort

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 109
Hello all!

Sorry for the late reply, but here are the three stories vying for 1st, 2nd, and third place respectively. Please follow the link below and vote. At the end of the week, I'll tally the votes and let you know who won!

Link:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/NNNGZPW

I look forward to seeing the voting results.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/01/04 23:21 By kaoruhana. Reason: Link
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
kaoruhana wrote:
Hello all!

Sorry for the late reply, but here are the three stories vying for 1st, 2nd, and third place respectively. Please follow the link below and vote. At the end of the week, I'll tally the votes and let you know who won!

Link: www.surveymonkey.com/r/XDG72CX

I look forward to seeing the voting results.

this isn't really a big deal, and i hope this doesn't sound rude at all either, but i thought i'd mention it incase it confused people - and i want to check for myself ^^;

Revang and VS's choices in the poll have the titles and links reversed. so like it says, Fate's Reprise (Chapter 1) by Revang and the link for it is A New Year's Challenge by VS. and then visa versa.

i'm guessing it's the title and not the link that dictates which choice the vote goes to, but like i said, i wanted to be sure and avoid confusion XP again, i hope this didn't come off as rude!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/01/04 23:06 By Itsumademo.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 109
Itsumademo wrote:

this isn't really a big deal, and i hope this doesn't sound rude at all either, but i thought i'd mention it incase it confused people - and i want to check for myself ^^;

Revang and VS's choices in the poll have the titles and links reversed. so like it says, Fate's Reprise (Chapter 1) by Revang and the link for it is A New Year's Challenge by VS. and then visa versa.

Not rude! Thanks for pointing it out! Should be fixed in new survey link (sorry, working off my phone and editing was not happening).

Logged Logged
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
kaoruhana wrote:
Itsumademo wrote:

Not rude! Thanks for pointing it out! Should be fixed in new survey link (sorry, working off my phone and editing was not happening).

glad to have helped ^-^ and thanks!!

EDIT: *hides* okay, i'm so sorry, i feel rude for sure, but, were the choice supposed to be/have links? cause it shows the link but it's not clickable ^^;

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/01/04 23:50 By Itsumademo.
VS
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Years Challenge 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 48
VS wrote:
Hello,

here is my submission for your challenge.

A New Year's Challenge, Rating MA (high rating for language).

Summary: “You are fired.” /// “You are fired.” It was no secret that the position of secretary to Mr. Taisho was a much desired one. It was also no secret that a person could hold this position only for a span of 3 seconds to one week. But what if his third former secretary hadn’t finished with the preparations for the New Year’s party and nobody knew about that? Chaos!!! (Written for the New Year's Challenge 2018)

That story is now COMPLETE.

Rating: MA (for language)
Chapters: 9

Additional prompts used to the ones listed above:

11. Flurries
12. Sparkly dress
13. Fireworks
14. Champagne

Enjoy!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.