Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful
Sazukemono
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Here i go, making more clutter in a really rather full forum :shame: This one's been begging me to reread it for a few months now but I can't seem to find it :deadface:

Kagome training in a temple is probably not the main part of the story, it's just the part that I remember quite clearly. I know the story is quite long and isn't comprised of one-shots. This story was extraordinarily well written and highly immersive. I can't remember the pairing, however, so it makes for exceedingly tedious searching. :cry: Please help if you can!

I think she is staying with someone she considers an uncle for some time - and he teaches her (what I describe as) herbology, and he considers the young woman pack. I know this happens before the main part of the story, but I can't remember if it happens before or after training with monks.

She goes to a monastery and during her time there she is put through some intense training, and the monks are forced to put a gold earring and an anklet on her as power dampeners to allow Kagome to learn to control anything. I remember the anklet has a bell and she takes to stuffing a bit of cloth into it to prevent it from making sound. :kittyface:

At some point there is allusion to (and eventually revelation of) Kagome having status as a Kami (in the Shinto sense).

As she left the temple as a fully "graduated" (don't know the actual term) monk and having been quite the rumor-target due to her power reserves, there is a large cheerful crowd that has gathered to witness her passing. I think sometime soon after departure she comes across a youth and makes a gift of her prayer beads to the star-struck boy and sends him on his way.

This story is blending with another long immersive one I read long ago (where it has her traveling with Shippou, and she is either a youkai or a very powerful priestess, but the main group has fractured leaving Inuyasha all by his lonesome) - these could be the same, but I don't really remember any of the main group appearing in my memories of the one I'm actively trying to recall.

If you think you have a story that fits the bill, or is even similar in some respects, please post it here as I may have gotten some details wrong or mushed them together with other favored stories from long ago. :* This is the price I pay for loving to read uncountable stories from the same fandom end to end.

Thanks and Love x3

Logged Logged

Kind of attached to my -Pup- status ^_^ makes me feel like a member of the pack :3
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fubuki
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 134
You are looking for
url: dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2367/1
title: No such thing as fate
Author: silverchan89
Not sure of the rating, but it can be violent

*Dokuga has it rated as Mature, and it isn't finished yet

EDIT BY WICCAN: Actually this story is rated MA - no YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/07 23:36 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Actual rating

the very well beaten and freshly tenderized demon was carried away by his friends
Sazukemono
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
I love you. You are amazing! This is exactly what I was looking for! :3 I should have caved in to the wonders of the L&A forum months ago! :*

shamefully reading ahead, I've discovered that it is indeed different parts of the same story that I've described! :3 time to settle down for another really good read :*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/07 23:34 By Sazukemono. Reason: I read ahead a bit and made another realization!

Kind of attached to my -Pup- status ^_^ makes me feel like a member of the pack :3
Fubuki
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome trains in a temple and is quite powerful 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 134
Thankyou Wiccan <3, I did a quick look, and it came up as mature, si I assumed it was still the same

Logged Logged

the very well beaten and freshly tenderized demon was carried away by his friends
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.