Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
help finding quirky character Sarge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: help finding quirky character Sarge
Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
help finding quirky character Sarge 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 35
I'm sure that there are other threads asking about this fic, I just can't figure out the right search terms.

This is an older fic and I can't remember the beginning. I do remember that Sesshomaru goes on a quest to find something to make Kagome immortal. He ends up on a mountain where the mountain's guardian (Sarge) puts him through a series of challenges by taking away his abilities. First Sesshomaru becomes human and has to clime a very tall cliff, then his sight is taken. While he is blind, he has to walk through a forest where voices try to lead him astray. He ends up following Rin's voice and then Kagome's voice to find his way through. When he gets a basket of apples to eat while blind, he has to find the one apple without a poisonous worm inside. Once he finds it, he gives it to a starving boy Sarge brings to him.

I think the last sense that Sarge takes away is his hearing. When Sesshomaru reaches a fork in the road, he has to decide whether he is going to continue on the path of conquest or if he is going to follow his heart. He ends up choosing the path that follows his heart, which leads him to the tree. He must take 6(?) leaves from the tree and brew them in a silver(?) flask.

I think the brew has to sit for 200 years, so they end up burying the flask near the well (or the God Tree) and jumping through the well to retrieve it. Both Kagome and Rin get one swallow and become immortal (demon?).

I think the story was complete. It might be old enough to be on Spark.

Thanks for your help!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fubuki
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:help finding quirky character Sarge 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 134
Re:Looking for a fic from a pervious thread! 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 32
MA

www.fanfiction.net/s/3104686/1/

Kagomes power
Tiki Rane Gobell

sometimes it pays to read through the older searches
Fubuki

Logged Logged

the very well beaten and freshly tenderized demon was carried away by his friends
Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
Re:help finding quirky character Sarge 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 35
Thanks!

I usually get frustrated when my word searches turn up nothing. And the guardian's name is Sasarg !

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.