Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Broad Search
S.A.M.
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
(I'm tired and frustrated so forgive me for any snappy tones, weirdness, or anything to this post.) I've been searching and longing for literary works for such a long time, that I've decided to make one lump post.

I'm looking for not just fanfiction, but books, movies, anything that fits even the slightest silhouette of these criteria. (Random suggestions for any books/movies are also very welcome.)

1) Any romance written by a guy. (I've been curious about that ever since I noticed that if there was an ounce of love in the pages, the name on the cover was a girl's.) Oh, and by "romance" I don't necessarily mean smutty goodness (^///^)

2) Sesshomaru (/main guy) pining, confused, slightly obsessive, clueless, etc. over Kagome (/main girl)

3) Cannon for fanfiction and fantasy for books and just about anything for movies (I don't usually watch movies so besides 'Barrio 13' and 'attack the gas station' I don't know much about them.)

4) And I love, love, love random book references and stuff! Post it here, on my wall, in a message, via pidgin, whatever! Throw me whatever you got!

Thanks for any help you can give. ^.^

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 28
I actually read a very nice Legend of Zelda fanfic the other day - I didn't realize until after I had finished it that it was written by an adult male. It was very sweet Zelda/Link romance with a lot of action and the like, never more than pg-13. Very fairytale-esque.

If you're not a Zelda fan, I could probably scrounge something else up instead, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
S.A.M.
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
I actually don't know that much about Zelda but I think I can manage. A lot of my high school friends were really into it so I'll just take this as an opportunity to brush up on my Zelda!

I'd appreciate the title/author/site.

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 28
Better yet, here's a link!
www.fanfiction.net/s/3644750/1/Ocarina_of_Time_II_Parallel_Symphony

It's rather long, but I thought it was fantastic. ^_^

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
S.A.M.
Pup
graphgraph
Karma for you!

And keep them coming ^.^

Logged Logged
S.A.M.
Pup
graphgraph
anything else?

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 78
My husband is an old Sergeant. He is very controlled, and totally lacking in romance. He claims that men do not actually like to kiss, and kissing all that other romantic stuff is just a scam to get to the main event. My ex (the one I still talk to), who is a very manly man as well, says that is bs. He claims that SOME men really do love kissing and romance and all that, and that it is not all a scam. BUT he is widely known as a pathological liar. Having been named an "honorary male" several times myself, I realize that there are certain truths that men are not supposed to admit to. Is this a big conspiracy? Do you think that men are genuinely into romance, or is it just a way to score, and keep a mate? I only know of a few male fanfic authors, and they mostly seem to focus on adventure or the macabre. Walter's older, longer stories seem to portray Sesshomaru as being kind of romantic, but this may just be part of the fanfic style, not how a male really thinks. His new stories aren't very romantic, at all. I can envision coming up with a list of male fanfic writers, and then analyzing their stories to figure out exactly how romantic men really are. Any guys reading this post? Care to comment? Anyone who has a list of male fanfic writers? I think this is kind of a thought provoking thread...

Logged Logged
S.A.M.
Pup
graphgraph
I hung out almost exclusively with guys (it's amazing how easily it is to bond with guys after you've thrown down a few times) in high school but have been sort of drifting since then. At the time, I figured their complete obsession with sex had more to do with the the whole hormone flood we're all getting during puberty. Though I know it continues on into adult hood, I had hoped that it lessened somewhat and that their conscious thoughts and emotions took over some percentage of that which once belonged only to hormones on speed. After all, I knew some very sweet guys in high school but they were usually a bit on the shy side and were often teased as being a 'fag'. I just figured society beat the heart out of guys. But there's gotta be a few exceptions right? I mean, if it's all about sex, why not just marry slutty girls? There are tones of them out there. Hell, why marry at all? Marriage is work, not free sex.

Logged Logged
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Broad Search 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
Marriage isn't just about the sex, your correct. I think you answered your question in your question... slutty girls get around, and if one gets pregnant the only way to tell if the baby is his is with a test. Thousands of years ago DNA tests hadn't even been thought of...Marriage and fedility was the only way to ensure that your heir was indeed yours. Property rights and titles were all associated with the heir and males had to trust that the baby was theirs.

But back to your original question about males and romance writing... think that they amy be few and far between, thats okay, it may not be their thing. I think that with age you accept that there are differences. Those difference are a good thing. Girls see romance, I think boys are hard wired for protection and providing. They show their romantic side, sometimes ya just gotta look for it.

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Kira
Pup
graphgraph
This is an interesting topic, i think. But, i do agree with you girls. I have many male friends, all of them are macho and talk about sex like its their favorite game. I'm not saying i hate sex, i love it, but romance is more important to girls i think. How many of you had to decide where your date would be, when you were dating someone? Like, he'd ask you out, then let you choose where your date would be? Thats happened to me a lot, and i think its because guys dont care where they go, as long as you are with him, and he thinks hes going to 'get some'.
There were three male authors, that i know about, on ASS before the site closed, and the stories were moved here. I dont rememnber there names, i just know that in each of their authors notes in their stories they apologized if their stories weren't good because they were guys. I remember that most of their stories focused on three things, death, adventure, and sex. There was one that was stopped before the site closed. Kagome and sesshoumaru were teleported by a box to different worlds, and they had sex near a pond. Then the story was discontinued, he never posted again.
There are male authors on fanfiction sites, they just dont focus on the romantic side of thigns very much, from what i'v seen. if there is a story by a male that is romantic in a very good way (as in not poorly writen) i'd love to read it!
LOL!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.