Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Please?
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
I've just finished a book that was, to say the least, not very deep. The main character can be found pictured next to a definition of Mary Sue. The story was shallow and worth anything. The only thing that kept me going was the desire to see how fast I could read it (3 books, 600+ pages in 15 hours, baby!). Now I'm in need of something a bit more stimulating, but I'm short on time so it should be short in length.

So, my challenge is thus: find one-shot or excerpt from a story that has a good plot, well rounded characters, is well written, and so good you want to sit and read it again and again. Also it can be read in about an hour. Something sort of like Fugue but shorter. I'm probably not making much sense, but if someone gets what I'm trying to say and wants a bit of a challenge I'd be really grateful for any suggestions.

And if its an excerpt, I've probably read it before so you don't have to worry about explaining the story or anything.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kira
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Im kinda confused. Do you want someone to write this story....or do you want someone to find a story of this kind? if its the find i could list a few. Just Another Lemon, What she wants she Gets, or even fetch. those are all very good. What she wants she gets is fairly long, the other two are of moderat size. fetch is short, i think....

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
www.fanfiction.net/s/5046963/1/Memoirs_of_a_Blue_Eyed_Geisha <- that is my fic: Based off of the idea of ‘Memoirs of a Geisha,' Sess/kags pairing, other characters will be thrown in to assist the flow of the story. Mature writing theme, AU. 1st person pro. Long oneshot.
Inuyasha - Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 12,617 - Published: 5-7-09 - Sesshomaru & Kagome - Complete, I'm told it makes a person cry... not my intention, but i was aiming for detailed descriptions in writing.

i would recommend: www.fanfiction.net/s/4942596/1/Numbing_the_Pain » by angelic memories: Words long ago planted into her head lead Kagome to seek out something new in her life to numb the lingering pain from the actions of a certain half inu.
Inuyasha - Fiction Rated: M - English - Romance/General - Chapters: 3 - Words: 59,212 - Updated: 4-1-09 - Published: 3-23-09 - - Kagome/Sesshomaru - Complete

or maybe this if your still up: www.fanfiction.net/s/2238658/1/Bitten » by Rinseternalsoul: COMPLETE CU Something new has been unleashed. Kyoufu Akuma’s venom brings a change to all the unfortunate souls in it’s path. When Kagome falls victim it lures Lord Sesshomaru to investigate. SessKag
Inuyasha - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 26 - Words: 35,033 - Updated: 1-28-05 - Published: 1-28-05 - - Sesshomaru/Kagome - Complete

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/23 08:29 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Gah! I've been so busy I haven't even been able to look at this until today. Oh, Merry Christmas by the way Thank you guys for the suggestions I can't wait to get to reading them

Logged Logged
Kojishi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Lemme guess - It was Twilight wasn't it? You poor thing. Here, this was just posted and is certainly worth reading:

Counting the Hours by forthright
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3057/1

and an old one and good one:

Loving Sacrifice by Demonlordlover2
dokuga.com/spark/story/7354/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/26 19:52 By traclyn.
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Yay! Thanks for the suggestions, I get next week off so I'll finally have time to read!... maybe... after I finish my winter homework... crap T.T

But no, It wasn't Twilight, it was a book called The Ancient Future. I wish it were Twilight, that would be a million times better (and I'm not even a fan). The main character in this story traveled through time, married the ruggedly handsome prince of a 6th century British castle, became a queen, a goddess, taught Taekwondo to a select circle of 12 men and women (of the 6th century), and liberated women across the land from the oppressive hand of their husband. Also she had blue eyes and blond curly hair. Its not that I have anything against that in a person, but its entirely to cliche for a heroin. See what I'm talking about? Mary-Sues, man.

Logged Logged
Fubuki
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Please? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 134
In that case, read the rest of the series and hang on for life! Tracie Harding weaves a lovely story!

but in case.
A Completely Innocent Addiction
by JustAnotherGirl

www.a-single-spark.com/fanficread.php?fid=889&cid=1&Go=Go

Evolution
sarhea
www.a-single-spark.com/fanficread.php?fid=7269&cid=1&Go=Go
Fubuki

Logged Logged

the very well beaten and freshly tenderized demon was carried away by his friends
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.