Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just can't seem to find it...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Just can't seem to find it...
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Just can't seem to find it... 15 Years ago Karma: 28
Oh, okay. I guess the rewritten version is completely different, then, or at least what there is of it is. That's too bad. The story you guys are describing sounds really neat. xD;

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Just can't seem to find it... 15 Years ago Karma: 26
There was an Abi in the story To Wash It All Away and she was a phoenix demon. Crystal Echoes' character Abi had won her second place for the 2005 2nd Quarter for "Best Original Character" over at inuyashafanguild.com.

I copied the following sentence from that site:
Second Place, To Wash it All Away (for Abi) (M), Crystal Echoes

I also remember Kagome being an exotic dancer in the story, but she didn't mind the job as much because it seemed to calm her demonic side (she's a demon in the story, thanks to a wish made on the jewel by Inuyasha. He made the wish for himself, but Kagome grabbed the jewel from him because it was a selfish wish. The damage was already done, however, and instead of Inuyasha becoming a full demon, Kagome was turned into one because the jewel was in her hands). A couple of years later in her own time, she went to Sesshoumaru's company for a job interview, and for some reason that I can't recall, he refused her the job. Later on, when he found out through a video on his computer what it was she did for a living, he was shocked. When he asked her why she would lower herself to doing such a thing, Kagome merely said that she tried to get a decent job, but was turned down by the owner of the company (she was of course talking about him, and he did feel guilty about it. I think he demanded that she leave that occupation and come life with him). So much more happened, but I don't want to go on and on...

Anyway, I'm completely certain that the deleted version of To Wash It All Away is the story you're looking for. It had about 40 or 50 chapters from what I can last remember, and it was still a work in progress... before it got deleted. *Sighs* I'm going to have a look around to see if I can find it anywhere...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/27 17:36 By Honey-Bee.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Just can't seem to find it... 15 Years ago Karma: 28
Well, I just read that story (the Spark version) and it doesn't have anything with fuzzy white outfits or Abi or exotic dancers or auras like thunderstorms. :/

Who knows, maybe that's the one, but I kind of doubt it? Keep looking, guys!

(I seem to recall... um, a fairly famous author who used an Abi as a caretaker. Can't remember anything about the story, though)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/27 15:26 By Jupe.

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just can't seem to find it... 15 Years ago Karma: 0
that story is still on spark... http://sesskag.com/fanficread.php?fid=7217&cid=1

i wonder why she thinks it was deleted years ago.

A single spark is still up, with all of its tories archived. We host it with dokuga.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/27 11:41 By .
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I'm pretty sure that was To Wash It All Away by Crystal Echoes. But... the story has been rewritten, and since I haven't had the time to read the rewritten version, I'm not sure if the story is still the same or completely different...

Here's her author's note from Fanfiction.net:
Due to Single Spark quite suddenly disappearing, I am forced to post this story here at this site. The original To Wash it All Away has been deleted some years ago, what is rewritten comes from its old storyline in handwritten notes. Characters have changed, or have been deleted altogether. The original work was much darker than its revised version everyone remembers so be warned of extreme angst and. Please do not ask me to repost the original because I simply cannot. What you see here is edited due for content because this story was supposed to be for mature audiences. I am not pleased I have to do this.

Some do save the stories they really like, so maybe someone has the version that had been deleted... *Wishes she had thought to do that before it was taken down*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/27 08:30 By Honey-Bee.
Razalin
Pup
graphgraph
Just can't seem to find it... 15 Years ago Karma: 0
I'm looking for a Sess/Kag fic where Kagome (somehow) gets turned into a youkai (inu youkai I think) and in the present day is an exotic dancer. Later on she lives with Sesshoumaru and has a (caretaker?) named Abi (a phoenix youkai). It's a relatively long fic. The only other little details I can remember is that Kagome is often described wearing a fuzzy white outfit and Sesshoumaru is often described with an aura like a thunderstorm.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about that would be awesome. In the mean time I will try to see if I can remember anything more discerning about this particular fic.

Thanks!

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I think I remember Kagome being in the past at the beginning of the story, but she ended up going back to own time after she got turned into a demon (Inuyasha was mad at her, thinking that she only grabbed the jewel away from him to steal his wish). I think the only reason I remember Abi so clearly is because of the shock I felt when Sesshoumaru punished her with a lashing of his poison whip. He was broken up about it, because he had really looked up to Abi (she was the one that taught him how to fight) and had never felt the need to do that before. I think it was revealed at some point that she was actually his mother, but I'm not sure... It's been about 2 or 3 years since I read that story...

So yeah, it really was a neat story, Jupe. I'm sorry I couldn't find the deleted version of it... I just hope someone out there has it saved on their computer...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/28 06:23 By Honey-Bee.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.