Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Any recommendations for me??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Any recommendations for me??
gradualwisd0m
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
My hubby's gone for the next few days which usually means I get to indulge in a TON of fanfic reading!

I'm looking for some AU Sess/Kag fics. Any recommendations? I'm incredibly bored!! I've really enjoyed 'The Syndrome' by Sunset Miko and 'Dancing With Scissors' by piratequeen0405. I really like the long ones. I just finished a non-Kag/Sess called 'Dead Famous' by Rozefire but I read it because I've run out of Sess/Kag to read

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
elley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Well, I've been following Wrong Number by Oroyukae.

You can find it here: dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1524/1

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 28
Ooh, Rozefire's fics are all amaaaazing. Don't ever start in on any of her unfinished ones, because you will tear your hair out wondering what happens next.

As for SessKag fics... One of my personal favorites, though unfinished, is "Exacting Change" by Accidental Goddess. You can find it on FF.net and on Spark, but you'll probably tear your hair out wondering what happens next on that one, too.

House of the Moon is always a good one to reread, too. It never gets old.

Also, I recommend Moonstruck and its sequel Landfall if you haven't seen them before. I believe you can find them on FF.net, by Aiwendil Amaurea.

one last recommendation - anything by Elle6778. You can find her stuff on FF.net and Spark, I think. Definitely on FF.net.

Have fun! x3

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
If you liked the symdrom by sunsetmiko then try some of her other ones especially She Who the Prophecy Fortold. Discoveries this is on aff i dont know if its here too. i dont want a mate also on aff. the miko and the taiyoukai this is here. past trangressions and past forgotten both here. his brother my lawyer here. a breeder's world here. and trapped here. some of these are finished some are not but they are all really good. just to warn you most have adult content.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
Twoflower
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
profiler120 has written many good Inuyasha fanfics. If you haven't already, I recommend Clumsy and Prisoner, My Prisoner.

MoonliteCrescndo has also written a few good fics, mostly AU. Rewarding Christmas, In Sess We Trust and Cry Me A River are three of my all-time Inuyasha fanfic favorites.

cappie's Shadows Against a Shoji Screen is another good read. It's one of those "classic" feudal-era type AU (or CU?) fic that exploded a few years back when Inuyasha was going strong in the States (thanks to adultswim). Very visual and very compelling.

Miss Selah wrote a lot of Sess/Kag oneshots, all of which are well-worth the read. I think Charming is one of her best work.

I know a lot of people might not like high school fics, but I have a soft spot for bunniculasama's On Being a Pumpkin.

There are a number of AU fics out there that are really good, but somehow the updates are either slow or not happening anytime soon:

Progression by Unseelie Sidhe
Twisted Pleasures by Ymir-chan
White Dogs: Peversity by SilverQuick
The Path of Pins by girltype
Snow Pearl by PhoenixBlade
Optique by Myaru (really CU, but still!... She's posted a few more chapters in her LJ, though)
The Challenge Posed, Shadowlands, Lucky Shot and A Distant Promise, all by aimdiscord (her profile will tell you why she's been on hiatus

There's a whole bunch of others out there, but I think you already read through them! You've probably read most of what I'm recommending, but I'd say that these oldies but goodies are still worth the re-read. They never get old to me

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/02 20:00 By Twoflower. Reason: Face on desk. Rush Limbaugh. Enough said.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any recommendations for me?? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
Yes! After three long weeks without the internet (and a computer, for that matter), I'm finally back! And oh, how good it is to be back. *Hugs everyone*

So, looking for some AU, eh? Hm... I guess I could recommend a few stories. Knowing my luck, I'll probably name all the ones you've already read. lol. Oh well, here it goes!

A First for Everything by Formerly RurouniNikkitch13
Genre: Romance/Drama
Summary: What began as a one night stand started to turn into something more. [AU, SessKag, some OOC, and sexual situations] Completed.

Overboard! by aimdiscord (I love, love, love that movie!)
Genre: Drama/Romance
Summary: After falling overboard, Kagome suffers from amnesia. Sesshoumaru takes advantage of the situation to acquire a personal slave and a mother for Rin. A remake of the movie Overboard, done Inuyashastyle. [SessKag, AU] [COMPLETE]

Tables Turned by Chiera
Genre: General/Romance
Summary: It’s amazing how easy and quick it is to lose everything you have. A few bad words and you’ll be in a situation you never could have imagined yourself to be in. However, gaining back what you’ve lost is a whole different story... SessKag, AU.

The Color of Love by MissTeak
Genre: Romance
Summary: [Oneshot] It started off only as community service at the society for the visually handicapped, but as Kagome interacts more and more with a blind Sesshoumaru, he shows her what her healthy eyes could not see...The color of Love.

Til the Stars Fall From the Sky by Blessed Entropy
Genre: Angst/Romance
Summary: Sesshoumaru and Kagome are archangels in heaven. Due to her position as the Angel of Innocence, Kagome has taken a vow of chastity. What happens when she falls in love with the Angel of War and breaks her vow? One-shot.

While You Were Sleeping by Rymsie
Genre: Romance
Summary: SesshouMaru and Kagome become locked in a closet, the perfect opportunity he needs to share hidden feelings.

And anything by Just A Starving Writer will certainly be worth your time. She's an incredible author.

Sadly, I can't give out many recommendations at the moment. My Favourites Folder was accidentally deleted quite some time ago, and I haven't had the time to go searching for all the stories I had sorted in there. *Sighs* Oh well... I'm sure I'll get most of them back some day. Though I don't see that day coming any time soon.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/02 23:06 By Honey-Bee.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.