Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Where are Awards?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Where are Awards?
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Where are Awards? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
Well I'll let you know!

Over the last year, I've noticed a downward slope in awards nominations, mostly due to wrong categories, works out of date, and the fandom getting older, not to mention some of you seemed to have left us for IRL. So scandalous of you :3

Either way, after talking it out, We kidna figured some changes needed to happen. We tried some new awards this last year, and some made it smashingly so, whereas some were too erratic for nomination and voting and didn't draw very much attention, leaving auto winners with little or no competition. So we're going to be getting rid of some of the awards this next go, and condensing it back down a little.

Now, some of you may also be wondering... It's October... were are the awards?

well b/c counts went down, and some of the issues many nominators had with the way things were, we're going to a semi-annual award system for now, in which the first will be happening as of Jan. 1 2013.

the nomination time frame is going to be from July 1st 2012 - December 31st 2012. 6 full months of fiction and art to pic from! And I'm hoping that this will give people more chances to be nominated. I'm hoping to see more names then ever before being nominated b/c the time frame is so long.

I'm still going to be just as thorough as i have been before about making sure the fictions and art match the categories your nominating for, and that they are in fact in the right time frame for voting.

Your nominations will still only have five spaces they can be in, so if on day 1, your fanfavorite author/artist is maxed out, you'll have to pic someone else! I want this to still be fun and not just something we're doing, which is what it's felt like for a little bit.

I want to re-invigorate you, and enthrall you with nominations, which really are your show of love and appreciation for the authors and artist who take the time to entertain you! Either way I hope to see you all in Nominations in a little under 80 days giver take!

I'll be waiting! And this time, I hope to have badges for nominators and voters!

there will be more to come out later on all the changes, and to those waiting for your banners from last time, i'm so very sorry that I'm behind. IRL has kicked my butt lately, but i hope to have them up before the end of October. Please be patient with me.

- sugar0o, awards admin

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Where are Awards? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
thanks r0o! I think this is a great opportunity to give writers and artists a chance to be nominated, who might not normally be considered because of the timing of their submissions. I hope that it will also give readers the chance to really think about what stories, and which artists they would like to see win, and hopefully VOTE!

I've seen just how tiring and trying these awards have been on you in the past, to keep up with. There is no question that its a ton of work. But you seem to love doing it, for the members of this website. I appreciate that you continue to think of new ways to keep the awards alive, and bring recognition to excellent writers and artists.

Love you lady!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/13 20:52 By MoxyMikki.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.