Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas
Ikaru
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Use this thread to post any questions, comments, or concerns, or ideas you come up with and Hairann or myself will do what we can to address them.

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Since many people, including members here, have been asking how to add banners and images to profiles, I have made a tutorial which you can find here.

Also it has been mentioned in another thread about notifying the authors that their stories are in our assignments. And I have been thinking about making banners for them for the stories that do show up and would like to get other members views on this .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
I think it is a great idea to notify the authors that their stories are in our assignments. Making them a banner would be really nice too. The authors would have a nice acknowledgement of their work and more people would learn about the group and may even want to join it.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I know Ikaru-chan was a bit worried how this would go over with the authors that are listed in our assignments and so I sent a message to Dany-chan, who was on some of our older assignments, even though she is an amazing writer. And I thought I would share this with everyone...and advance apologies about the way my message kinda drags on, I am apparently not as awake as I thought lol.

Me:

Hey got a question, and asking you because while you are one of the best writers in fan fiction, and the only one I can think of besides myself that has been published, though mine doesn't really count, some of your stories haven't been reviewed and they showed up in some of our past assignments.

I am of course talking about the Dokuga Reviewers Guild, and basically if you don't know what we do, we read and review the stories that have no reviews in order to help the authors grow. And usually the stories we get are in desperate need of help, though like yours, not always.

Sorry I've kinda gone off topic, we are discussing making banners for the stories that are in our assignments, and would say something along the lines of 'my story (insert name here) was reviewed by the Dokuga Reviewers Guild'. But there is some worry about it seeming I guess like we are saying the story was bad, because it hadn't gotten any reviews and such, and as you are the best writer we've had on any of our assignments, I wanted to get your opinion on it.

So basically what I want to know, is if I was to send you a banner like that, would you take offense to it? Would you think it was a good idea, whether you used the banner or not . Also would like to know if you wouldn't mind if I posted your response on our forum, no matter how you responded.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long, strange message lol.

Dany-chan:

I wouldn't take offense at all at it. It would make me grin as a matter of fact.

Some of mine have no reviews because i was leaving the site at some point (I won't go any further than that) and the only two stories i hadn't pulled were Kryptonite and Supreme Conquest. Before that they did have reviews, in some cases a lot of them.

But, i wouldn't get offended by it at all and think it's a good idea

Dani

Providing Ikaru-chan gives me her permission and no members here have a strong objection to this, I think I will go ahead and go with the banner idea for the authors .

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Okay so staying with the idea of sending banners to the authors that show up on our assignments, plus the fact that I got bored hehe, I came up with this banner. What'cha guys think?

And something else to think about, we could go with just this basic one for all of them, or I could personalize them, adding the name of the story and them. Either way, let me know what'cha think .

Logged Logged

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I think that banners are a nice idea. We could pm the authors and let them know we have a banner for them. Then they could choose to use it or not.

Logged Logged

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
I noticed over the past 2 weeks that a couple of people whose stories we reviewed haven't been on line in 2 years. I was wondering how valuable reviewing inactive members' stories are if they may not even know we did it?

I was also thinking is there a way we can let people know about the stories we've reviewed beyond banners. Maybe compile a recommended reads list. Anyway these were just a couple of ideas rattling around in my head.

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 21
every time i have gotten a review recently i have relieved an e-mail about it, so i believe that they are being informed that they are getting reviews, and while it may be sad that some of them haven't been on for quite some time then this might just bring them back, that's how i look at it anyway.

As for the recommended list, i might be wrong, but i believe there is already a place in the regular forum for people to recommend good fanfics they have read, but ill discuss it with Hairann and well see what we can do.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask:D

Ikaru

Logged Logged

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Thanks for answering my questions.

Logged Logged

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 47
Ikaru wrote:

As for the recommended list, i might be wrong, but i believe there is already a place in the regular forum for people to recommend good fanfics they have read, but ill discuss it with Hairann and well see what we can do.

Yeah, there is the recommended reads area of the forum, but it couldn't hurt to start a "Reviewers Guild Recs" thread there, or something like that.

And since you all want our opinions about the banner idea for the authors, I would say that, overall it's a good idea. Some might take offense to the idea, but I think most of that authors would like it.

Besides, just because a story doesn't get any reviews doesn't mean that it is a bad story. Who can say why some stories get more attention than others? Sometimes it is a summary that just doesn't grab you or seems cliche (perhaps we could offer CC for any stories whose summaries are a little weak). Sometimes it is just because the author is unknown.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
i think banners a great idea! I support whatever u guys do!!

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Ikaru
graphgraph
Alright here is what Hairann and i have decided to do about the Recommendations list, we will be posting a permanent tab here so that everyone may put their recommendations there, however at least 3 people must vote in agreement with the recommendation. Recommendations can come from any assignment we have done so far and will do in the future, and once we have a pretty good list either Hairann or myself will post the links to them in the main recommendations list under "Dokuga Reviewers Guild Recommendations" or something to that effect, and as time goes on we will be adding to the list.

Hopefully this was clearer than mud, but should you have any questions feel free to ask and ill be glad to clear it up:D

Ikaru

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
As for the issue of the sending banners to the authors we review stories for, im OKing the idea and will get Hairann to work on sending them to all the authors we have reviewed to so far, and i believe we will personalize them with the story titles to make them a little more special. Thanks to everyone for your input it was greatly appreciated!!

Ikaru

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Ikaru wrote:
As for the issue of the sending banners to the authors we review stories for, im OKing the idea and will get Hairann to work on sending them to all the authors we have reviewed to so far, and i believe we will personalize them with the story titles to make them a little more special. Thanks to everyone for your input it was greatly appreciated!!

Ikaru

Was thinking about this, maybe just their name on the banner rather than story name as well, since we do get some repeat authors. Or I could just put the first story we reviewed on it with their name. Which sounds better?

Logged Logged

Stacerue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I like the banner idea. I would just go with the author name on it. I think that would be easier.

Logged Logged
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
I like the banner idea...when I was a new writer I was secretly jealous of all the other writers who had multitudes of banners. When I got my first one, it was a matter of pride..much like my first constructive review.

I am sure the writers that we are reviewing weekly would love the added bonus of a banner to go along with our reviews - a few of them have messaged me afterwords thanking me for reading their work and asking for me to either beta or re-read their edits. This is a good thing that we're doing for some aspiring writers, even the ones who haven't posted in a couple of years.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Thanks very much for the feedback everyone, we've decided to go with just the name, and right now I'm trying to work out the perfect font and such hehe. I'll post a demo when it's finished so ya'll can see .

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph

Reworked the banner a bit, this is the final version .

Edit: Just in case anyone was wondering, and to help myself remember , I've sent the banners out to everyone from assignment 11-14. I'll do 15+ once each assignment is complete.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/04 07:28 By Hairann.

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
I just had a question...
How do you go about joining the Reviewers Guild? Or is it just a thing that anyone can do?

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
Miss Anna S wrote:
I just had a question...
How do you go about joining the Reviewers Guild? Or is it just a thing that anyone can do?

Contact either Hairann or Ikaru, in a PM and let them know you'd like to join. You need to read to and agree to the rules and terms, and let them know your age (for purposes of validating your completed assignments... if you are a YIM or if you are offended by content tagged in a story, then it doesn't count against you, if you choose not to review a story - but they need that info to cofirm.)

Go HERE to read and agree (or disagree) to the rules and terms, and then let them know your age in the same reply. Then contact Hairann or Ikaru.

Once you are confirmed, look for the posts about the new assignments. There is one assignment a week that is between 5 and 10 reads - usually only a chapter or two each. Each assignment thread will list the stories to read and review... Review guidelines are also listed in that rules section, but feel free to ask anyone in the guild whatever you need answering too. So far I only know of like 5 of us that are actually completing the assignments, so I know you'd be a welcome addition. We need more ACTIVE memebers.

and WELCOME! in advance!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/23 14:18 By MoxyMikki.
Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 21
Well said Mikki! As for Miss Anna S, Send myself or Hairann and E-mail to let us know you are interested, then sign off on the rules in the format specified, and welcome to the group!

Ikaru
Manager DRG

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Questions, Comments, Concerns, and Ideas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 21
I am making an addition to my earlier post, in order to be officially registered in the group and to receive e-mails and updates from the guild click the join group link here http://www.dokuga.com/component/groupjive/?action=gj.core.groups.showgroup&groupid=14 .

If you haven't done so already please do, and welcome to the Guild!!

Ikaru
Manager DRG

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/24 06:14 By Ikaru.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.