Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Beta for multi-chapter fics
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Beta for multi-chapter fics
yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
EDIT have i mentioned that i love this site. anywho, at the moment, i have enough people to help but if anything changes, i'll let post it here. thanks again.

i'm looking for a couple of betas who are willing to work with me on a few of my stories. i have three in the works and some one-shots that i not only need help on but prompts and a little ass-kicking. ^^ none of them are currently up on the site since i want them revised before i post any.

i've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things since my wreck so i really need someone to push me (and make me feel guilty). i was doing great before but i think it's probably because i still feel crappy about my car. ~,~ i'll be starting a new job may 30 and i'm still not sure of my hours but i had been pumping out around 3000 words a day. i'm really hoping to get back to that point, or damn close.

i'm easy to work with and i love hearing any suggestions and comments you might have so i don't want someone who would be afraid to point anything out, no matter how small they think it might be. i write AU and some of the characters might be OOC.

titles and descriptions are below. let me know if you are interested. you can pm me or post here.

An Unexpected Love // 10 chapters // MA ~ Romance / AU / M/F
Sesshoumaru has become frustrated with Inuyasha. The hanyou's constant abandonment and harsh words toward Kagome have worn down his nerves and resolve. What happens when he finally decides to take action?

this story originally came about as sort of a joke and a stress reliever...^,^ the original idea i was playing around was voyeurism, though it's strayed a little from that into what it is now, it's still a theme that will be kept. keep in mind that this will get dark at times. i want to tie it up around the twentieth chapter.

bon vivant // 3 chapters // M ~ Romance / AU / M/F, M/F/F
bon vivant \bon-vee-VONT\, noun: A person with refined and sociable tastes, especially one who enjoys find food and drink. What happens when a sudden turn of events threatens to ruin Sesshoumaru's elegant dinner plans?

i've limited this one to ten chapters and i haven't a clue on how i'll end it but the chapters are long (all but ch. one are over ten pages). chapter four is being worked on and i find that i need help with it. i'm not really sure where it should go. >,<

The Gates of Heaven & Hell // 8 chapters // M ~ Romance / AU / M/F
Kagome finds herself in a strange time and place, struggling to understand herself, her predicament and how her future has now changed for the better or worse. The battle over the Shikon no Tama wages heavily on Inuyasha and his travelers as well as Sesshoumaru, and his people, as all are powerless as Naraku slowly gains more and more power. Lucky for Kagome, she gets dropped right in the middle.

this was an original idea of mine that i have run into some road blocks on. it will probably get a little complicated since i have most of the storyline worked out already. i really love writing this one but i need a dedicated beta to help me through the slum i seem to have hit and to help me on any grammatical errors you might see as well as keeping it logical to the reader.

Indelible // oneshot (part of a three-shot, ) // MA ~ Romance / AU / M/F
Kagome is given a love potion that, once digested, would cause her to fall madly in love with whoever she comes in contact with next. If the relationship isn’t consummated within three days then the memories she had during that time would be erased as would the affection she held for whomever it was.

i need someone to help with with details, details, details. and also, ideas on the other two one-shots that will follow.

you're welcome to pick only one but no more than two. i don't want to bog down the beta. mlmonty had been helping me out but i haven't contacted her about continuing. i know she's busy and is working on her own fics so i hadn't wanted to bug her too much. the other beta i had hasn't contacted me so i'm assuming that she doesn't want to continue.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/19 17:25 By yukihime.

Art by LadyShieru
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
I would be happy to help ya with betaing. Doesn't matter which stories I work on, guess just sign me up for which ever need the most help/details with.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Kinhana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I'll do one shots!!!! aslong as there is hot sexyness in them :-D

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
Hairann wrote:
I would be happy to help ya with betaing. Doesn't matter which stories I work on, guess just sign me up for which ever need the most help/details with.great! what about An Unexpected Love (it has the most demands atm) and the Gates?

i would prefer to re-read through them first before i send any to you. (i hate to admit it but my poor mind needs refreshing.) i was thinking that since AUL is more popular we could start there. i already have some of ch. 11 written. and i guess, after i have a few more chapters out on it, we can start working on Gates. does that sound like a good game plan? (i'm all about planning, XD)

if you aren't up for either, no problem. i can understand. ^^

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Kinhana wrote:
I'll do one shots!!!! aslong as there is hot sexyness in them :-Dlol. yeah i can guarantee sexiness.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 22
If you're still looking for a Beta, I'd love to either help with The Gates or Bon Vivant. They both seem like something I would like, so I could probably help or at least try, to get you out of your rut. Haha. Let me know!!

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
wah~! thanks. how about bon vivant first? i'm working on the fourth chapter but it's a little slow. >,< (like everything else...) to be honest, i would like your help with Gates two. i want opinions on the storyline, and you can never have too many betas, in my opinion. Hairann is working on An Unexpected Love, atm. i've been exchanging emails so you can get me at yukichan@gmail.com.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 22
I sent you an email, and I'd love to help in any way I can..once I get a feel for the stories of course. ^.^

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Yuzuki
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 13
whatever you have left I'd love to help.

Logged Logged
Jenna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I would love to assist you with Indelible, but I am going to be out of town from June 3 to the 15. You can reach me here at my profile or email me at jenna.meierbilbo@hotmail.com.

Logged Logged

nopenope
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta for multi-chapter fics 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I can help with grammar/spelling/etc, if you'd like. I love doing that kind of thing for my friends - I'm a real pedant.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.