Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sherlock!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sherlock!
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Hi, guys, this is definitely off the topic of InuYasha, but I see that the first episode of the BBC series "Sherlock" is going to start on PBS in half an hour (1:30 PM on the east coast). I'm afraid that "Sherlock" is one of the reasons I've been unable to keep up with my writing of fanficion. I'm obsessed with Sherlock. If you aren't familiar with the show, it's aired on PBS as part of "Masterpiece Mysteries" and stars Benedict Cumberbacht (you might have seen him as Kahn in the latest Star Trek movie) and Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins) playing a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. So if you are bored, bored, bored (my favorite Sherlock quote), you should tune in on PBS and check it out!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
UnknownRandomness
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
I'm a Brit (watched the new episode on New Years) and I love Sherlock! I was hoping that there were other fans on this site XD If you ever want to rage talk about it, I would be happy to rage talk about it with you!
Isn't Cumberbatch's and Freeman's relationship the best?

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Oh, I'm so jealous of you, getting to watch the first new ep on New Years! I believe you can watch the second one tonight? Normally, I'm not one to care for television shows. Normal does not apply to "Sherlock", right?

I love Sherlock, and John! I watch them over and over, on dvd. I'm like John in so many ways! I love when he fights with the chip and pin machine, because that's just what I do! "Because I had a row. In the shop. With the chip and pin machine!" I hate those things! I even love Mycroft. He's so... prissy! I love his facial expressions! It would appear they are airing THREE episodes this afternoon, and they are much clearer over the cable than the dvd, for some reason. PBS comes in great for me, must be high def. We can watch the first episode of the new series on January 19 here, and I can't wait. Looks like the DVD set is coming out much sooner this time in the US, we had to wait and wait the first two times. That should be out in the US in mid-February.

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 56
Caught it on Netflix after reading a couple really good inu/Sherlock crossovers. Cumberbatch makes an awesome Sherlock. I love listening to the old radio broadcasts too.(found them free on iTunes)

Logged Logged

Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh my goodness!!!
I love Sherlock!
Seriously. I think he was my first obsession. It started when I read the Hounds of the Baskervilles and my love has reached an all time high with this Sherlock series.
It's perfect. I've watched the first two seasons countless times and I've been waiting impatiently for the newest episodes!
I haven't managed to catch it yet because I don't do much television watching, but I will definitely have to search for it!

I have to be honest, Benedict Cumberbacht is my favorite Sherlock actor. I've seen Robert Downey Jr. and even Jeremy Brett, and many others, but none of them are as amazing as he is.
He's just too cool!!!!

Logged Logged
UnknownRandomness
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
@knifethrower
Haha, yep I certainly am lucky XP
Ooh, that's not too long of a wait, I hope you are able to watch the new series to your heart's content then! Mark Gatiss is my secret obsession crush- he is so... awesome as Mycroft, I just want to steal his brain and learn all of his secrets

@HImura Asami
SNAP! Cumberbatch is definitely my favourite Sherlock, since his characterisation is the closest to what I have in my head when I read a Sherlock Holmes mystery (The Hound of the Baskervilles was my first). Although I did like Richard Roxburgh's portrayal in the BBC's 2002 film adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles.

I was fortunate enough to see the cinema re-run of Cumberbatch on stage as The Creature in the National Theatre's production of Frankenstein; he was awe-inspiring. I can only hope to see him perform live one day, because even though it was a recording, he was absolutely electrifying.

Could you imagine watching Sherlock live? *Faints*

Logged Logged
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Kno-chan, you have me fanning myself at the thought.
LIVE??
I might just die...

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I love Sherlock! Even named my rabbit after him. Own and read all of the Sherlock book collection, there was more later when Sir ACD had to bring him back due to fan demand hehe, but I don't have those yet.

I love Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Freeman as Watson. Even love the Elementary duo with John as Joan . But gotta say my all time favorite Sherlock is Matt Frewer. If you haven't had the chance yet, check out his version of The Hound of the Baskervilles. He is the closest I have found to the book version of Sherlock, imo anyways . There is just something about Sherlock's mannerisms that the others don't quite seem to be able to duplicate, but he can, if that makes any sense hehe.

And as awesome as that would sound, I wouldn't be able to watch it live. I tend to yell at my TV when stuff happens, I don't think they would appreciate that lol.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Matt Frewer?
I need to check it out! I'm on the verge of fangirling!
More Sherlock!

Logged Logged
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
Loved it! The dose of bromance in this first episode of season 3... was quite alarming There was a few things about the plot from my first impression though... But I'm gonna need to discuss with my friends first.

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 56
And it looks like the possibility of more shows, movies and books has just opened up.

Sherlock is now public domain

Logged Logged

Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Oh my....
You're not serious.
I can't believe this is serious.
I think I might cry.
(Note: I'm not entirely sure if they're happy tears or sad tears...)

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sherlock! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
All of series two of "Sherlock" is airing tonight (Thursday), starting at 9:00 eastern time on PBS. Then on Jan. 19th, series three starts on PBS. I've been reading Sherlock Holmes stories since I was a kid, watching the old movies with Basil Rathbone, I even seem to remember one with Johnny Depp, but I never loved anything like I love BBC "Sherlock".

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.