Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Have you ever just went, nope?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Have you ever just went, nope?
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 11
Have you ever encountered something that made you just go nope. Uh uh, no way, nada, see ya.

I encountered something like that the other night.

I was searching for sessh/kag on ffn on my phone and came across a threesome fic, featuring InuYasha/Shippo/Kohaku.

Yes, you read that right. InuYasha/Shippo/Kohaku.

Now I know people have all kind's of taste and preferences, but seeing that just sort of scared me past the point of having a reaction. The only thing I could think of was 'why????' and 'I can't wrap my mind around that concept'

So have you ever experienced something like that?

Logged Logged

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 76
To many times to count, involving to many different things.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 91
On a daily basis working in the archive on AFF

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 78
I didn't even know about the existence of fanfiction. I saw InuYasha on Cartoon Network, and started looking on the internet for info about the anime, and discovered fanfiction for the first time. Needless to say, within the day, I also discovered male pregnancy. And the ways a male could conceivably... conceive. I freaked out: NONONONONO! I have since, adapted. But wow, it blew a circuit in my brain.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 17
Naraku/Sesshomaru/Sota, on FF when browsing through the M rated material. But yeah, I actually am very open to things but there are things I will say no to, above example the primary one.

Logged Logged

Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 7
well i went "nope" alot
especially when i see sesshomaru with anyone accept for kagome
SESSHOMARU AND KAGOME FOREVER CANT YOU UNDERSTAND??!!!
so you know,
im a freak :-D
really anti them with anyone else >:

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 11
Rin-Rin wrote:
Naraku/Sesshomaru/Sota, on FF when browsing through the M rated material. But yeah, I actually am very open to things but there are things I will say no to, above example the primary one.

How does Sota? Like what? My mind is going blank, and again I ask whyyyyyyy???

Yeah, just there some things that you just turn away from

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 11
Mizah wrote:
well i went "nope" alot
especially when i see sesshomaru with anyone accept for kagome
SESSHOMARU AND KAGOME FOREVER CANT YOU UNDERSTAND??!!!
so you know,
im a freak :-D
really anti them with anyone else >:

Hehe, I understand, it's your OTP, nothing can mess with that

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
I feel that way when I read Sesshomaru paired with anyone BUT Kagome. It makes me feel kind of ill. But remember, the Sesshomaru/Kagome pairing makes some other readers feel the same way! I had a violent flamer on MediaMiner who actually wrote in one of our reviews that readers should get together and drive the Sess/Kag writers off the internet. I don't want to be that person! Besides, one of my number one admired authors, Forthright, who is the author of some of the best Sess/Kag fanfiction, also wrote a series of Miroku/Kagome stories that was absolutely touching. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but it doesn't bother me quite as much to see Kagome with Kouga or Miroku as it does to see Sesshomaru with Kagura, Rin, or worst of all, a Mary-Sue character. When I think about how InuYasha was portrayed with Kikyo, I just can't deal with Kagome accepting second place, or being a surrogate for her prior incarnation. To me, she deserves much better. To me, Sesshomaru is beautiful, powerful and untainted by past loyalties to other females, and he is on a journey of growth and self discovery.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 91
knifethrower wrote:
I feel that way when I read Sesshomaru paired with anyone BUT Kagome. It makes me feel kind of ill. But remember, the Sesshomaru/Kagome pairing makes some other readers feel the same way! I had a violent flamer on MediaMiner who actually wrote in one of our reviews that readers should get together and drive the Sess/Kag writers off the internet. I don't want to be that person! Besides, one of my number one admired authors, Forthright, who is the author of some of the best Sess/Kag fanfiction, also wrote a series of Miroku/Kagome stories that was absolutely touching. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but it doesn't bother me quite as much to see Kagome with Kouga or Miroku as it does to see Sesshomaru with Kagura, Rin, or worst of all, a Mary-Sue character. When I think about how InuYasha was portrayed with Kikyo, I just can't deal with Kagome accepting second place, or being a surrogate for her prior incarnation. To me, she deserves much better. To me, Sesshomaru is beautiful, powerful and untainted by past loyalties to other females, and he is on a journey of growth and self discovery.

This!

Now, from the perspective of someone that has written all kinds of pairings in the fandom, from straight up Inuyasha/Kagome, to Kouga/Kagome, Inupapa/Kagome, Sango/Kagome, Inuyasha/Sesshomaru and various threesomes of all of the above, I can say, for me, it depends on the story and what it is as to what I read. Though I do tend to stick to Sesshomaru/Kagome IF I read in the fandom, something that hasn't happened in a long time now. And I know the being Knifethrower is talking of because i got several reviews from them on MM and it's part of the reason I threw my hands up and walked from the site.

However, i can safely say that i can top everything listed here for GACK

Worst pairing I've seen?

Harry Potter/The Giant Squid

I think that's all that needs said

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 60
Wow a threesome with THOSE characters? No offense to the author but I am far from interested in that pairing...yah, that's a big nope, lol.

There are many time when I go to the store and find some cute cloths but when I see some of those prices...yah, nope.

Then there a books were it sounds interesting but when I start reading it can turn out to be a BIG nope XD

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Oooh, forgot about INUPAPA/Kagome. I love Danielle's INUPAPA/Kagome as well as Sesshy/Kagome. But, once again, not so much Sesshy/Kagome's mother, a pairing which I have seen, at least once.

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 56
I have trouble with the Naraku/Kagome pairings... I like the characters as OC as possible... or if they are outta character, something that their personality can evolve into... and I couldn't see Kagome forgiving the Spider THAT much.
The pairing that made me go 'huh?' was Inuyasha x Kagome's Mom. I guess I see Inu as more possible son-in-law material to her, so the idea that they get frisky...well, I started reading it out of a morbid curiosity, but I could finish it.

Logged Logged

Red
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 6
Oh yeah I just usually give myself a palm face and shake my head going really you can't be serious. But with fan fiction I queses it whatever floats your boat.

Logged Logged

I claim Byakuya paper crane in the claim game.
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 52
Naraku/Kagome pairings can be rewarding if done the right way. You don't even have to go OC but just have to give Kagome a mind-wipe, anesthesia, or something along those lines. The best parts could come when she fully remembers and now has conflicting emotions.

Any pairings involving characters that never grew past the point of being a child in an anime/manga I instantly say "no" to. Otherwise there're a lot of pairings or more that I can stand to read/write. Some of the most brilliant ones I've written involve Kagome/Myoga, Kagome/Sesshomaru/Totosai, Jaken/Kaede, etc.

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
I wonder if there has ever been a Kagome/Jaken fanfic. Eeew.

Logged Logged
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 95
Isn't Forthright's "When You Wish Upon a Shard" a Kagome/Jaken pairing? I've not kept up with that one, but I think Jaken ends up with a shard and gains a humanoid form if I'm not mistaken.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 17
I remember a Sesshomaru/Rin/Jaken threesome and that plain out made me want to puke. Um... I think one of my favs is Miroku and Kikyou oddly enough. Anyone get the ew factor from that?

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 52
knifethrower wrote:

I've done that before. Lemme see if I can find it.

As for Miroku/Kikyo, not really. I've had an image stuck in my head from the movie "Ghost" involving Jakotsu as a ghost helping Inuyasha work on molding Kikyo as she spins around on the pottery wheel.

EDIT: Okay I couldn't find the main stories I was thinking of. They're probably over on AFF.net but I had one that was Jaken/Kagome and another that was Jaken/Kagome/Mukotsu. But here is something similar, Jaken/Sesshomaru/Kagome+8 Other Guys;

Warning! MA; www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3892/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/04/20 19:25 By JoshuaK.

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Jaken/Sesshomaru/Kagome/8 random guys. Walter! You are a true romantic.

Logged Logged
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 54
Walter205 wrote:
knifethrower wrote:

I've done that before. Lemme see if I can find it.

As for Miroku/Kikyo, not really. I've had an image stuck in my head from the movie "Ghost" involving Jakotsu as a ghost helping Inuyasha work on molding Kikyo as she spins around on the pottery wheel.

EDIT: Okay I couldn't find the main stories I was thinking of. They're probably over on AFF.net but I had one that was Jaken/Kagome and another that was Jaken/Kagome/Mukotsu. But here is something similar, Jaken/Sesshomaru/Kagome+8 Other Guys;

Warning! MA; www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3892/1

The Jakotsu/Inyasha/Kikyo thing made me laugh. Now I cant get that image out of my head.
To make it one better have Jakotsu singing the song to Inuyasha.

Logged Logged
EC
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Have you ever just went, nope? 11 Years ago Karma: 29
www.roflcat.com/nope

There's a nope if I ever saw one. I know it's not related but still. Nope.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.