Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 38
Last year I post a thread about fanfiction.net removing violators against their Terms of Service and Rules and Rehulations. A bigger issue has arisen ): Please read the following if you are a current FF.NET member and have stories posted as it may affect you:

"There is a couple of groups on the site that are trolling fics to have them eliminated for violations of the rules. No matter how minor the infraction is. They are also hypocrits. They have made many violations themselves; trolling, harrassing, getting others to harrass authors, as well as posting private and personal information about themselves in their forums.

They are called Eliminators and Defenders.

They are very cruel. They read a bunch of fics to check for violations, report them, hound the authors relentlessly. They also have people zone in on fics as flamers to give bad reviews and even brag about how they gets fics and authors deleted. They even keep a list posted of fics and authors that are violators and have been deleted.

They are the ones that the petition is also against as well as they are the cause of fics being deleted before they have a chance to fix the errors. Please let others know about them as well advise them to check out the groups' forums."

The sad thing is the message that I received is in fact true. I researcged and these groups are quite literally knit picking for no reason other than to knit pick. For even small violations such as the rating may be "K" but the story is in fact a "T" or there are "too many spelling errors" and they also do have a list of stories that they have had removed. They are harrassing fellow authors in every sense of the word.

I just wanted to let all know just in case they have not backed up their stories or if for some reason they aren't posted on Dokuga or maybe it isn't a Kagome/Sesshoumaru pairing fic. Even if your story doesn't seem to have any violations - these people are relentless enough to find something wrong.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/29 14:14 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Trust
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much for the warning Yuki. I am going to head over to FF and make a copy of all of my stuff just in case. I know I'm not the best author out there but I am not the worst either. I am human after all and I do make mistakes. I do keep copies of my work but sometimes I add or subtract things before I post it. So thanks again for the heads up! I will be sure to let others on there know that this is happening.

Logged Logged

\"Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.\"
-Stephen King
Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
I can't believe people some days. Why spend hours reading fics that you find bad just so you can nitpick and report. I understand someone leaving a helpful message like: 'You have a good story idea, but I found it difficult to read due to your misuse of certain words (their/there/they're and of/off). A beta might be able to help you with these issues.' Leaving flames and reporting stories however crosses the line.

Perhaps if you are reading a story that has been targeted, report the flamers with harassment or bulling as the reason? (I rarely read over at FF.net so I'm not exactly certain if reporting like this would be possible)

Logged Logged

KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 56
That's ridiculous.... People need to get a life.

My son said Steam and Blizzard have a very good reporting systems that include catches like "if you report too much, you can be the one to be banned"

FF.net needs to reevaluate their procedures. This is getting stupid.

Logged Logged

Coldnessheart
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Awww doodle... I better remove my stories from there as I have feeling they will attack them someday soon lol. Got couple of stories there (Not inuyasha related) Really bad grammar in most as they have been written when I was what? Like 16 or so, really bad grammar, had no idea about grammar checkers nor did I have a beta. It just doodle that they attack stories that have minor errors. Some of my favorite stories all time in there have dissapeared (thanks to those nutjobs). When I joined there and posted my first fic it was really nice place, you got support and got good reviews, with good I mean constructive which helped alot with this little finnish girl who was in her early teens back then.

Now that place.... My only advise is even fif you have good grammar, check your grammar and even have beta take copies of each and every single chapter you write and post there, you never know if it is still there couple of days later.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
Alright, before this goes much further and people getting into blaming this group, let me say this…

My guess, having seen such groups before, is it’s another rebirth of what used to be called the L.U.. Since that’s been disbanded and reformed more than once, it’s probably the case. In fact, they usually do it about once a year then go and do this kind of happiness, getting people all riled up. However, in the end, you can blame them all you want but the final ‘issue’ in it is the admins and those that run the site.

Fanfiction.net has one of the worst reputations on the web for a great many things. Not the least of which is no moderation at all. It can take you months to get a blatantly plagiarized fic downed from that place. Go look at topics about such things here on the forum and that is self proving. Reporting other things? You might as well not waste your typing skills because it’s not going to happen unless it’s MA content in something. However, since last summer, they have been pushing to get rid of fics labeled M that are really MA. Since ’02-’03, MA rated fics are not allowed on the site at all. As they don’t moderate at all, for the most part, there are more than you can shake a stick at. Now, also in their TOS and posting guidelines, is the fact that they do, like Dokuga, theoretically anyway since they don’t enforce that, have posting guidelines, same with rating guidelines. If you are in violation, they can down the fic, that’s clearly stated in their rules. From what I know, generally, they will not give you time to fix the fic, but will take it down, suspend you with a warning then let you repost provided that you stay within guidelines. I’ve only heard of one or two cases where they hide and allow you to fix something.

Now, again, before you blame this group, if you look at the ads on The Pit, you’ll see they’ve picked up a lot of mainstream advertisers such as Amazon and Campbell’s Soup. Those entities are not going to advertise on a place that allows MA rated content or lets it go on. While the group’s reports might be part of this, I’m guessing that the advertisers are a bigger part. They want to keep those because they make them big money. So, to do so, they are going to have to start cleaning up things. This, though it may look like it’s the group, might be just an excuse to blame something for a cleanup they are doing themselves to keep such a thing.

In the end, this group, though obnoxious, aren’t the ones that hit the delete button on stories. It’s the mods and admins on The Pit that do that. If you post in violation of the rules of the site, you are in danger of losing what you have there. Generally, it’ll only be a matter of time before they get to you and your stuff is gone. If you don’t want to lose it, make sure you read the rules and stay within them. However, place the blame for all this where it belongs; the staff over there, not some group that is obnoxious. They can’t hit the delete button, only the staff can. And, trust me, you don't hit that delete button on things or wipe out a members profile just because you got several reports. It doesn't work that way.

Now, personally, from observation as someone that works on AFF, I can tell you, from what we are seeing, just where they are working. We are seeing an influx of stories and new members (for the few weeks actually-long before this was posted up) in the Anime type categories. So, it does appear that’s where they are working right now and doing whatever they are. We are actually getting quite a few in older anime listings that aren’t as popular as things like Naruto. Whether or not that applies to Inuyasha, I don’t know. It might be a good idea for a heads up and to back things up, though.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction.Net - AGAIN 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 60
Wow, this sounds serious. I'm wondering if I should delete my story as I have an account with them. I prefer Dokuga anyway ^^

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.