Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Poll - Help me decide (Open)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Poll - Help me decide (Open)
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
Gotta Say I'm torn between Mulan and Princess and the Frog.
My daughter is Cinderella (if you want another vote)

Edit: I forgot you asked why! Sorry. I like the idea of strong female leads that are shown in Mulan and princess and the Frog. The idea that the princess can save the prince, is always inspiring to me. Or better yet, that they can save eachother. My daughter likes Cinderella, but i think it has more to do with the dress, to be honest.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/10 00:27 By MoxyMikki.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
NicolasRaine
Pup
graphgraph
Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
So I have a project coming up that's going to be based around a few different Disney movies. I don't know which ones I want to use, so I thought I might throw up a poll.

Which is your Favorite Disney movie and WHY?
Such as but not limited to:

The Lion King (1 Vote - 5%)
    Cinderella (1 Vote - 5%)
    Peter Pan
    Beauty and the Beast (5 Vote - 23%)
    The Little Mermaid
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    Atlantis (1 Vote - 5%)
    Hercules
    Mulan (4 Votes - 18%)
    Aladdin (3 Votes - 14%)
    Sleeping Beauty (2 Votes - 9%)
    Tangled
    Tarzan
    Treasure Planet (1 Vote - 5%)
    Robin Hood (1 Votes - 5%)
    Pocahontas
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    The Black Cauldron (1 Vote - 5%)
    Princess and the Frog (1 Vote - 5%)
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Lilo and Stitch (1 Vote - 5%)

Total votes - 22
Note: These percentages most likely don't add up completely right as I round them all to the nearest whole number. But *shrug* they're close enough, right?

Any sequels can be used as well if you wish. And due to the nature of my project, I would like to know why you picked what you did. Be it Story Arc, Characters, or Nostalgia PLEASE let me know.

In case anyone cares, my vote is for Beauty and the Beast because I am, and always have been, a huge fan of forbidden love and the transformation of a character. Especially in the literal. My next choice would have to be Aladdin because Jasmine was always my favorite Princess. Out of the traditional lineup, she was the first one to be different from the rest. She's not blond, is independent, has self-respect, and is the strongest personality of all the girls. Not to mention she owns a tiger. How cool is that? So yeah, 1 Vote collected. Actually, I'll count that runner up. So 2 Votes.

Oh, so I guess I will keep a tally of which choices have been voted for. If someone does vote for something not on the list, I will add it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/13 02:11 By NicolasRaine. Reason: Added Lilo and Stitch option, tallied votes
Lily Noir
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
The Lion King .... why? Beacuse it's about lions, and I loooove lions (or any kind of cat) Though, the Pirates of the Caribbean come in a very, very close second (Johnny Depp, my people, Johnny Depp)

And finally, someone who knows that the name of Heracles is Heracles... I cannot tell you how miffed I become when I hear someone call him Hercules. I've spent 4 yrs of my highschool life learning Old Greek (and Latin) and translating parts of some of the most amazing literary works (ever) in school (and one semester was solely dedicated to the parts of the Iliad and the Odyssey). I'm glad someone actually cares not to be misinformed. If I had a hat on my head, I'd be tilting it by now.

~lily

Logged Logged

Tokahlia
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
Beauty and the Beast would have to be my favourite as well. I used to obsessively watch it when I was a kid and I can still spend a good 3 hours completely absorbed in the story. I love it all; the fantasy, the story, the romance... It's a bit nostalgic in a way but I also love how the characters develop. Beast eventually turns to less of a hair-trigger berserker and Belle grows over her initial view of him... Yeah

Also, would you happen to like Classics? I ask this because you've corrected Disney's mistake and put the title of the movie as 'Heracles' instead of 'Hercules'. Stupid people not using the Greek name for the Greek myth and using the Roman version even though his dad is clearly Zeus... I'll be quiet now.

Logged Logged

I should probably get a signature.

Nyx
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Beauty and the Beast

I've always liked Beauty and the Beast. It was one of the few kids movies I had when I was little.I've always liked the old crone and the curse part, felt bad for her, and thought the Prince was mean. Myths and stories have always been a favorite subject for me, and that part was so much a fairytale beginning. I also liked that Belle read. Oh, and the stained glass windows, I liked those. Not to mention all the songs, which are suddenly rushing back in my head. The movie might have been the first love story for me. I loved seeing how their relationship progressed after the wolves attack.

Logged Logged

NicolasRaine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Tokahlia wrote:
Also, would you happen to like Classics? I ask this because you've corrected Disney's mistake and put the title of the movie as 'Heracles' instead of 'Hercules'. Stupid people not using the Greek name for the Greek myth and using the Roman version even though his dad is clearly Zeus... I'll be quiet now.

Totally didn't even realize I did that lol. I'll fix it just because I am asking about Disney movies. But really I'm a fan of Greek mythology so it just sort of came natural.

Logged Logged
Phantomlogic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I have to go with Mulan. I like seeing a woman rebel against the norm. Also, there were some pretty awesome songs in it and I liked the animation style.

Logged Logged
Kaikie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I say...Aladdin. And even though you are sitting right next to me, I'll put a post here too.

The reasoning would be because I never owned Aladdin, so it was a treat whenever I got to see it. And that it wasn't all girly-girly like Cinderella, which I also liked because I didn't have. I mean, who doesn't want to fly off into the clouds with a handsome....well....since he wasn't a prince....someone.

Logged Logged
NicolasRaine
Pup
graphgraph
Anyone know why the one post was put on top? Not that I mind all that much at the moment, but if it continues then my poll could get pushed way down. I want it to remain easy to find. Is there anything I can do to either fix or prevent it from happening?

Logged Logged
Tessitura
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I was never the princess, I was the knight. So most of the fist Disney princess's weren't my cup of tea. Especially in sleeping beauty. Eh, Aladdin and Mulan have my vote. Fighting heroines for me!!

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 53
NicolasRaine wrote:
Anyone know why the one post was put on top? Not that I mind all that much at the moment, but if it continues then my poll could get pushed way down. I want it to remain easy to find. Is there anything I can do to either fix or prevent it from happening?

Nope! It seems to like randomly happening. :/

For your poll though, I would go with The Black Cauldron (Book two of The Chronicles of Prydain). Yeah, the book is way better... For that matter, so is the video game (Ahh fond memories of yester-year.... Why yes, I do want to jump into the Cauldron to destroy it, and kill myself along with destroying it!). But I still liked that movie.

Probably one of the only Disney movies I did care for; That isn't one of Miyazaki's anyway. Would those count since they are put out by Disney in the US? Grave of the Fireflies perhaps?

-J

Logged Logged
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 21
I like Atlantis and Treasure Planet because their flexibility allows for a lot. Magic, outer space, treasure and flying boats (extensive technology) allows you to create a huge and incredibly amazing world

Logged Logged

NicolasRaine
Pup
graphgraph
Mitharus wrote:
Would [Miyazaki] count since they are put out by Disney in the US?

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to say no on this one. Simply because they wouldn't fit my project. Personally, I think they do count though and it would change my vote to Howl's Moving Castle. Again with the transformation stuff. *sigh* I feel so predictable some days.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/08 17:10 By NicolasRaine.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 47
My favorite would be Lilo and Stitch -- I kind of lean toward the quirky characters (like Lilo and pretty much all of the characters in that story) and the stories about those who don't quite fit in finding that place where they feel they belong. A little cheesey, I know. Plus, it made me laugh a lot.

Mulan and Beauty and the Beast would be my next favorites, since both main characters also existed outside of the norm.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Shasta
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
I love the Disney Robin Hood. The cast has animals playing the characters. Robin Hood and Maid Marian are foxes. Little John is a bear. Friar Tuck is a badger. I love it. The music is pretty good too. I just love Hiss. He's the best part of the movie. Ohhdah Lolly, Ohhdah Lolly, Golly What A Day!

I really like Beauty and the Beast. The transformation of the beast into a creature capable of loving someone is so wonderful. I enjoy the household items that are transformed people. The tea set, etc. What imagination!

For the classics, I really enjoy Sleeping Beauty. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather steal the show. However, I do like the crow. Maleficent is a great bad guy (girl really). She was just plain ole mean. One of the funniest parts of the movie is where King Hubert is trying to tell King Stefan that his son wants to marry someone other than Princess Aurora.

I don't think there is a wrong pick, so have fun with whatever you decide on.

Logged Logged
LordMaru
Pup
graphgraph
I pick "Sleeping Beauty" because there are a lot of plot twists you can do -plus there are a lot of different versions of this story; one of them is this-

-In the original sleeping beauty, the lovely princess is put to sleep when she pricks her finger on a spindle. She sleeps for one hundred years when a prince finally arrives, kisses her, and awakens her. They fall in love, marry, and (surprise surprise) live happily ever after. But alas, the original tale is not so sweet (in fact, you have to read this to believe it.) In the original, the young woman is put to sleep because of a prophesy, rather than a curse. And it isn’t the kiss of a prince which wakes her up: the king seeing her asleep, and rather fancying having a bit, rapes her. After nine months she gives birth to two children (while she is still asleep). One of the children sucks her finger which removes the piece of flax which was keeping her asleep. She wakes up to find herself raped and the mother of two kids.

here's a link to better understand -voices.yahoo.com/the-dark-origins-sleeping-beauty-1422969.html?cat=38
(it's really good if you read it. <3)

sooo yeah that's one version but there are many and you can make it more whatever your style is. ---arh! I'm not good at this discussion thing -_-' I vote for Sleeping Beauty cause it's always been one of my favorite fairy tales ever. plus i believe it will be a nice challenge. XD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/11 15:52 By LordMaru.

LunaMichelle aka LordMaru
NicolasRaine
Pup
graphgraph
I really want to thank everyone for participating in this poll. It is super helpful to have the input of outsiders for my project. Hopefully once I make my way into it a bit I can actually reveal what the project is.

Logged Logged
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
I have to cast a vote for Tangled. Cause she was so OUT there not quiet know what I mean?

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 31
The Black Cauldron of course! It had the old fantasy feel I got from movies like "The Hobbit" and the like. I love the feel, the story. The characters we more balanced and more like an adventuring party, than most of the other Disney movie. Plus, there's Gurgi. I love that character! Even if you don't choose this one, I'm still happy you even listed it. So many times I've run into where no one knows the film, because "The Lion King 2" cam out at the same time.

Oh, and to add, there's faeries. Of course, I love anything with well done fae in it. But, as you can see, the other reasons came up first. I almost forgot they were in the film. Silly me.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
jessabell
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
My favorite would be Fox and the hound, but since it is not up there my vote can go to beauty and the beast. I love Beauty and the beast because i myself never have been attracted to guys by their looks but by their personality. I have had many shallow people tell me i am dating a beast but then got to know them and realize what a nice man they are. Also because it reminds me of Sesshoumaru and Kagome lol.

Logged Logged

Click Me!
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Poll - Help me decide (Open) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 38
I have a top two~
Beauty and the Beast - First animated film to win an Academy Award from what I remember. It is so aesthetically pleasing it is not even funny. Belle was drawn so beautifully and the Beast was just that - a Beast. He never really stopped being the Beast until he was human again - fighting for his life, fighting to be with Belle, fighting for love. I am romantic at heart :3 I love how smooth everything is and the dance scene was perfect. It was all around wonderful.

Sleeping Beauty
- First the prince is the sexiest prince ever. Aurora was made with a certain softness that has not yet been repeated. Her character design and coloring was done perfectly. The three faeries were so cute too! Last but not least Malefiscent. She is the perfect villain. Out of all the disney antagonists she is by far the most awesome as far as cruelty goes. She is unrivalled by any other Disney villain in my eyes! Her character design is ridiculous. The devilish horns, the blakc and purple cloak, the green skin coloring, golden eyes - she probably has black hair too. I die every time I see her. Seriously.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.