Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I write to...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: I write to...
Vivica Neiswinter
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I write to tell the world what I hide behind smiles and laughter...

Logged Logged
  The topic has been locked.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
Anatorukia(: wrote:
I write to depict thoughts and pictures in my head that would otherwise be just thoughts and pictures.
Vivica Neiswinter wrote:
I write to tell the world what I hide behind smiles and laughter...For both of you, please see the rules of this thread.
www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/50079-i-write-to?limit=25&start=150#58837

again, thank you for waiting for me on this, here are your banners, please do not put them in your forum tags.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/30 21:24 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Kitana Tsukino-hime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Thankies r0o -pets pretty banner-

Logged Logged

Sig/Story Archive Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer

Claim Game Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer
Relena
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Long:

I've always loved writing, even if it was random poetry I write on the back of my hand. When I was younger, Ihad the most amusing ideas float in my mind, and often times, I made small RPGs or fantasies based on these ideas. But because I'm very self-conscious, I never had the courage to put my ideas where others could see them. I was always afraid that I'd get bullied like I did back then and be hurt. The idea of being bullied for things I found pride in, along with being bullied for how I look and act, always made me feel too scared to step out and do what I needed to do. But now, I've been on things like Fanfiction, and Dokuga, and I've found friends who would stand by me no matter what. They help keep me on track. I love writing, and now that I've got people I know will catch me when I fall, I know I can do it without fear anymore.

Short:

I write too...free myself from my bonds.

~~~

Merp! I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do this, since I haven't gone on the forums much, but....well, I hope.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
:3

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Relena
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
'Tis cute~! Thank you.

Logged Logged
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
Sorry this is so late but thanks Roo!!

Logged Logged

Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Well Idk if I'll actually get one but...

I write to...

let you inside my world.

- Rinku

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/02/01 16:01 By ForgottenHero-Rinku.
Bird That Flies At Dawn
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
Long Answer:
I started writing fanfiction when I was in sixth grade, and since then I haven't been able to stop. I now know I want to be a writer when I'm old enough to get my own job. Everyone always tells me that I can't be a writer because it's not a good job, but I could care less what others think. I can never see myself being a scientist or a doctor, only a writer. I know I can do it, and I no longer care what other say, because it is what I like to do.
I sometimes feel that the inspiration takes over me, and half of the time someone is hovering within me, typing everything for me. And it's that feeling that I write for. It's true inspiration, and I love it!

Short Answer:
I write to show that inspiration is sentient.

(can you please make the banner r0o?)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/02/02 20:09 By Bird That Flies At Dawn.
Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I write to...let my emotions run free. I'll let you do the writing.

I've been writing for as long as I could remember. I think I began seriously writing in High School. I wrote my own original story then. The I went to Job Corps and met the girl who got me into fan fiction. It soon became my obsession. It started with an idea and soon became my salvation. My stories reflect my mood, when I'm feeling good I write happy stories. When I'm hurt or dark, so are my stories, ect. I put my characters through a lot of sh** but I always try for a happy ending. It's like a release, I guess.

Logged Logged

I dont suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/I_write_to__Jennifer_Griffin.jpg
kogazgirl29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
long version: For the longest time, I have been interested in writing.since coming to this site three years ago, I find that the more I watch the anime, the more ideas I could come up with. I loved how the anime ended but there was the one thing that dealt with. For Kagome even though she loved Inuyasha, it must have been hard for her to leave her family. In this way writing something like that you would seriously have to be under a lot of stress. To me my writing is a stress reliever because it helps me escape my worry and cares. It opens a whole new world and at times if you think about it hard enough you can picture the world of the sengoku jidai. It opens all new questions to as to what it was actually like living in Japan during that era. it is stories like inuyasha that helped shape the imagination.

Short version: I write to..... provide and help people to use their imagination whether they are young or old.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
Rinku wrote:
Well Idk if I'll actually get one but...
I write to...
let you inside my world.
- Rinku
Nope, see here: www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/50079-i-write-to?limit=25&start=125#58011

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/03/11 21:07 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Bird That Flies At Dawn
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
Thank you!

Logged Logged
kogazgirl29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
thank you r0o

Logged Logged
Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Thank you so much

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/03/12 14:39 By shadowkat83. Reason: Answered my question

I dont suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/I_write_to__Jennifer_Griffin.jpg
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
Well Folks this Banner has been up for grabs for the last 17 months, and I've had the pleasure of making 93 banners for answers as to why Dokugan authors write. But lately IRL has pretty much been kicking my butt left and right, it's a bit harder for me to keep up with things as i used to. And so, as all things begin, they must end as well. I'm going to be closing off this thread and discontinuing the making of these banners as soon as we hit 100.

Which means that:
1. there are still 7 banners, first come first serve to be had. And
2. those of you with those 100 banners will have an exclusive banner that you share with only 100 others out of the thousands of Dokugan's we have!

If someone else with a program wants to start them back up or on their own that's going to be perfectly fine with me, you will have to make your banner from scratch as I'll be pulling the blanks down when we get to 100. Otherwise, I'll let another banner maker, as Dokuga has a plenty now, take over if and as they want to.

Honestly I have loved making everyone of them for you all. Delayed as I have been at times, I thank you all for your time, and thoughts.

-Sugar0o

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 19
Short: I write to inspire others.

Long: The written word is powerful. It can take you places you never thought you could go. It can you make you laugh, scream, cry, blush, and leave a smile that can last all day. All this things with just a click of the mouse. Many authors on this site make me feel like that dail, and they ijspired me to create my own world. So now I pay it forward and write so others, hopefully, feel as I do.

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 37
I write to: In Junior High School my friends introduced me to Sailor Moon... which started my interest in Anime/fanfiction. I got older and I watched Adult Swim to where I learned and saw the anime Inuyasha.....and decided Sesshomaru and Kagome belong together lol....found Fanfiction.net then Dokuga and started writing on both sites. I actually write to escape to another world. I have not had an easy/happy childhood/life and recently just went though an annulment. life's hard. (sigh)

In Short: I write to escape to another world.

Logged Logged
Tokahlia
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years ago Karma: 4
Long; I started writing when I was ten. The stories were flawed and the writing not very good but I did it because I had to (as will be explained later). When I was twelve I started writing collaboratively with a friend, even when I moved away from her. We still write and talk together, even though we haven't seen the other in three or so years. It's mostly because of she that I've progressed in my skills at all. Anyway, what started me writing was the stories that played themselves out in my mind. I'd imagine worlds and the characters would demand that I at least start writing out their story. Being the concrete sequential person that I am many stories have 'officially' fallen on the wayside, but where one looses steam ten more rise to meet their place. I try and keep those which I haven't finished writing alive in my mind.

Short; I write to... give characters and worlds their homes.

Logged Logged

I should probably get a signature.

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years ago Karma: 22
Long Version:

Writing and art have been the two greatest passions in my life. I've been in college for 5 years now, and I've switched my major at least 3 times. I just can't seem to figure out what it is that I want from life. The only thing I do know is that I love to write and draw. Those two things have been the only constants in my crazy life.

I write Dokuga fan-fiction because I can escape from reality. I can create situations where two characters feel deeply for each other and triumph over insane obstacles. In this way, I feel that I myself may triumph in reality no matter what is thrown my way.

Maybe it's a sign that I should be a writer. Everyone tells me that it's not a rewarding profession. How can it not be rewarding though? Every time I sit down to write, I feel like I free up a piece of myself that's constantly repressed by what is "popular" and "accepted" by the majority. I'm really glad I found Dokuga. I love everyone here!

Short Version:

I write to...unleash the storm of passion in my soul.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/01 03:30 By kyndred_raven.

12345c
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years ago Karma: 9
Short: I write to...tell the stories which have never been told.

Long: When I was younger, I didn't like to write. However, once I actually got started with it (and learned how to spell things correctly), I realized it was more enjoyable than I'd originally thought. After awhile, my writing time every morning just wasn't long enough. It was then that I really began to get serious about making my way in the world through words. However, as many well-meaning people will tell you, writing is not a terribly lucrative profession (unless you're J.K. Rowling, etc. etc.). Therefore, while putting effort into my original works of fiction, I also began delving into the fascinating and absolutely massive universe that is fanfiction. FF.net and dA opened doors for me, allowing me the chance to become a better writer simply through writing. Being both encouraged and instructed by some of the lovely people on both of those sites has kept me on track.

Then, I went to college. As a history major, I spent a great deal of time during those four years researching and crafting papers about most things under the sun (or that's what it felt like, at least ^-^ ). Grammar and spelling became even more important, seeing that there were actual grades waiting at the other end. And, for the first time, I learned how truly necessary research is...I had never wanted to take the time to do that before. 'Winging it' felt so much freer, somehow.

Now, here I am, a college grad, looking at the world laid out before me. I have absolutely no idea what my future holds in the long run, but this I know for sure: so long as there are stories in my head, I will write. Whether any of my original stories ever reach the bookstores is beside the point. While being a published author would be amazing, that isn't the reason I do what I do. If I didn't write, I'd feel as though I'd lost a part of myself. And then where would I be? When you're given a passion for something, you don't ignore it. You can't ignore it. That's part of what makes it a passion.

If you're a writer, you know exactly what I'm talking about ^-^ So...go be awesome and share your stories with the world!

Logged Logged
Asphy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Long- I started reading fanfiction years ago, never intending to ever attempt doing so myself. The only writing I ever did before was either my journal (private) or papers for school. But as far as creative writing, none. I assumed I couldn't do it well or wouldn't have any interesting ideas. Plus I'm shy as hell! Well after years of reading and reading fics I would find myself searching for particular types of fics. I could never really find what I was looking for. Then it occurred to me, "you know exactly what you want to read, so why not just write it!". And I did, and it was fun! Now posting the fic (my first one) was another story. Holy crap I was scared (remember the shyness), finally after a few months I decided to post my first chapter. After a submitted it, I ran from my computer and was sweating bullets. But I got reviews (and nice ones), I felt so good! It was so incredible, and encouraging. The fanfic community (especially Dokuga ) are simply awesome.

Short- I write to conquer my shyness.

ps this was a cool thread and great question^^

Logged Logged
The Bard
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I write to free my mind.

Ever since I was little I have sat down at the table with a notepad in front of me and would scribble down stories about mermaids or romance. As I grew up and was interested in anime, especially in Inuyasha, I learned about role playing and fell in love with making a story out of a show. I constantly have ideas in my head of what would make a great story and it seems like my head is constantly in the clouds. I have always wanted to write my own novel, and perhaps one day I will, but right now I enjoy writing stories about Kagome and Sesshomaru. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that my mind is always somewhere away from this world that when I write, I feel like I can finally see the world and not have to think constantly. It's amazing.

Logged Logged
EtherealCrescent
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I think I'm # 101 so I don't need a banner lol, but I just wanted to answer the question anyway

Long answer: I write because sometimes there are just things that need to be written. When I began writing, poetry was my first love and I did it for myself. It was personal and about understanding me, the person I am inside and how I see the world. The first time I shared my writing I remember feeling vulnerable, like I was baring my soul and I guess that’s why I continue to do it. There’s just something about sharing a piece of yourself with others, to realize that you can connect with someone and write something beautiful enough that they can feel you, feel the words you've written rather than just run their eyes over the letters. It’s enlivening and I hope it always will be.

Short answer: I write to... bare my soul.

-E.C.

Logged Logged
Azuka
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
I write to... escape my own prison's

I write because my life is hard; everyone believes this or has said it so themselves once or twice. My life is hard, I can't do this; I don't want to do this anymore! I write for people like that, I try to create a world where reality has no place but is always an undertone. I write to help people escape their own prison's. I write to inspire and uplift not only myself, but anyone who does the same. Escape; for the abused, the ignored and the forgotten. I write for them.

(Thanx r0o)

~ Azuka Ahara

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.