Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Review Image
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Review Image
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
This is more a question based on curiosity, but whenever I review a story here, it always asks me to type in the name of the character in the image provided. The image is always, without fail, Inuyasha for me, which I find amusing on a site dedicated to Sesshoumaru and Kagome, hehe.

So my question is, does that image change? Or is it always Inuyasha? And is that feature of the reviews even strictly necessary?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
It's always Inuyasha, I think because the site is for Sesshoumaru and Kagome, bots (those annoying things that create spam) wouldn't know who he was and can't fill in the question I believe. So they can't spam reviews. If I remember right hehe.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
I see! That would certainly make Inuyasha necessary!

I always thought that spam was just created by people, but I guess it makes more sense that it is some machine that does it.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Having been around when Miss K was messing with the preliminaries, I can say for sure that it was a measure to prevent review spamming, especially by bots. She DID plan to incorporate rotating images, but never quite got around to it.

We have a number of systems in place to attempt to prevent forum spamming but, as you can see, the occasional one is a bit more persistent and gets through. They are, of course, deleted as soon as possible and the user is blocked. Unlike the reviews, the Administrators all get copies of every forum post in their email, so we will catch the forum spams relatively quickly (unless it happens in the wee hours of the morning!).

While we're talking about reviews, I'd like to take the opportunity to remind our authors that, if you receive a flame, or a review that is less than constructive, let an Admin know immediately. DO NOT address a reviewer in your author's notes, regardless of the provocation, please?!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
If it helps... A couple of times in the past, instead of an image of Inuyasha, I got:

"What is the name of the girl who fell down the well?"

lol.

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 95
Gotta say that I like typing in "Inuyasha" much better than those blurry, crazy numbers and letters that other sites use

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
i dont mind it most of the time, but i must say, every once and a while my fingers will pretty much get ahead of themselves and i'll hit enter after just typing "inu" ... and i lose the great review i had written. you guys cant even imagine how many long glowy reviews that feature has eaten D:

b/c i'm sure some of you knwo r0o is just as much a greedy reader as she is a happy reviewer. i mean... gah "r0oview bombs" seriously!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 95
LMAO r0o!!! That happens to me all the time.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
sugar0o wrote:
i dont mind it most of the time, but i must say, every once and a while my fingers will pretty much get ahead of themselves and i'll hit enter after just typing "inu" ... and i lose the great review i had written. you guys cant even imagine how many long glowy reviews that feature has eaten D:

b/c i'm sure some of you knwo r0o is just as much a greedy reader as she is a happy reviewer. i mean... gah "r0oview bombs" seriously!

totally in the same boat as you, r0o! lol

Logged Logged

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
my comp auto fills it until you clear all your cookies and settings. So I'll type "I" and assume the rest is filled in. noooooope! and always on one of my longer reviews... meaning 3 paragraphs or more. *headdesk*

Logged Logged
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Review Image 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
I gotta say I agree with insomniac_amy, I much prefer typing in Inuyasha's name to captcha boxes, and its certainly more appropriate to this site XD

It's just something you have to get used to, I suppose.

Thankfully, I haven't yet had a situation where I've forgotten to fill in his name, or only typed it in partially XD Since I'm not used to it yet, I always check my review over and catch him at the bottom.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.