Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much!
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
Dokuga is like... dull, without her manic energy and brilliant arts. ;O.O; She can't come back to us soon enough!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
R0o r0o r0o *noms noms*

Me loves you r0o!

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 32
Where, oh where, is r0o? @_@

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
I miss her too! Didn't she post on forum saying she was having computer problems?

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
I second that Rowdy. She's well missed. And for those speculating, she did confirm in the forums that she is having comp issues and doesn't know when she might be able to get back to us. I imagine she's getting a little twitchy without the internet at this point. Poor r0o.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/02 14:10 By MoxyMikki.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 66
Computer issues suck. Hopefully, she'll be back soon. I'm also suffering from a severe case of r0o withdrawal. Dokuga's not the same without her. COME BACK SOON!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
SSI-Invasion
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I want R0o back too n_n I can't imagine a dokuga without R0o
I wonder what she's doing right now when she isn't able to be around here or make any type of art

I promise I'll make you a treat story when you come back!!! Love you!!!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
Reply from borrowed puter-chan!

Actually, I'm rather twitchy, i cant tell you how many emails i have! I've been lucky enough to have access at random to borrowed-puter-chan, like now, but that's going to end as of saturday! :

So far, it's turning out that my brother is a bum, loveble bum, but a bum. He's recently been certified as a computer tech, so he SHOULD have been able to help but some how in over two weeks, hasn't shown up or even really looked at it.

Sadly I've kinda resolved myself to buying a puter tower outright on BlackFriday. I've got my eye on an HP Pavillion, slimline, that's at best buy for $379.99 none sale price, and i'm REALLY hoping thing it'll be onsale that day. Even if it's not after taxes that's not THAT bad. But i'll be back by that night no matter what.

If i've got to take that route, which it looks like i will be, I'm going to lose all the links i have for fics, websites, music everything b/c i havent backed up in MONTHS. seriously folks if you got an external back them of regularly.

As for what i've been doing, art :heart: I've got a plunnie that's both art and fiction based, where kagome's a centaur, .... @_@ I'm not even going to explain it but it is a SK. I've also been arting smut, and will be getting it up online asap. If i cant get things backed up and lose stuff, well, It'll be a bit but i'll eventually get PS too, a new CS.

Part of me is a bit wary now of anyone messing with puter jsut b/c i have so much 18+ art on it *shifty eyes*

I miss you all so much, and adore you and everyone too! I really hate that this is happening, I think from here on out i'm going to save like $10 - 15 dollars a paycheck just so that i can buy a puter again, so that i never have down time. it's seriously making me almost depressed. but BUT, I WILL be back. we're about halfway through the worst of it.

I think I'll be able to check a few times before borrowed-puter-chan has to go home, but come sunday, if i'm online and not on old or new puter, then it'll be b/c i'm at grandmother's office, or at the library. @_@ i think that's it i miss you all so much, love you too!

Oh and if you have one, or know much abotu it, please let me know, this is the one i'm looking at: www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Slimline+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/3301104.p?id=1218394223711&skuId=3301104

oh!

forgot! Challenges:

GM Challenge: 3rd, 2011 will be pushed back, BUT, will still end on time. Meaning that it'll start up when i get back online, then it'll start, so instead of it being 3.5 months long it'll end on Feb 15th no matter what, starting when i can get it online.

Also b/c i have no idea if i will have PS when i get back online The banner will probably be a bit later then i would like.

Xmas Challenge: Still going! Banners, again to come out later, i still hope that folks are interested in trying to get those full fics out and completed or nearly completed before the holidays are up. Though i cant lie I'm totally amazed that i finally set myself to get my own holiday plunnie going and my puter p0ofles for a full month! @_@ so nutty!

ClaimGame: Because i dont have access to some of the lists i keep, at the moment, I'm not going to reply to anything until I'm really fully up and working. I'm not ignoring you guys! but it's not easy working on borrowed-puter-chan for some of the thigns i do. please keep that in mind and remember that as soon as i can i will be catching up on EVERYTHING!. I'll be a VERY busy r0o when i get back.

GMDDN: If i'm really not back by the time mid November comes around for GMDDN, Dany who started it with me, will be running it, or she'll appoint someone to be able to do so. The banner, again, b/c i'm not sure what i'll have when i get running again, Will come later.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/02 23:05 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Phoenix89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey Roo Glad to see you were able to send us some love from the dark side!

I asked a computer tech geek (love him) about the tower you're looking at and he said (and I quote) 'meh' He said the processor is not the best and I know nothing about such things. To be honest he picked out my Toshiba for me. He said don't be against those brands you haven't heard much of because in reality they are actually quite good. This is the one he recommends.

www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+/+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+II+X2+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/2634111.p?id=1218341067971&skuId=2634111

Either way let us all know how the hunting goes and we all hope to hear from you soon!!!

Logged Logged
Discontent Winter
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Miss R0o Soooooooo Much! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
sugar0o wrote:
Reply from borrowed puter-chan!

If i've got to take that route, which it looks like i will be, I'm going to lose all the links i have for fics, websites, music everything b/c i havent backed up in MONTHS. seriously folks if you got an external back them of regularly.

Don't count on losing anything yet.... even if the brother can't work on it...

Questions:

Is the screen completely black when you turn it on?
Do you hear anything happening at all?
Does the computer beep?
Laptop or desktop?

Reason I'm asking is because if it's the hard-drive that's fried, odds are, you'll get white text on your screen saying something along the lines of "No O/S" found. If the issue is with the hard-drive in someway, you'll at least have some sort of message as the motherboard of the computer has basic instructions on how to start up the computer before it even touches your drive and runs through a bunch of system checks on the screen.

If it's completely black, and you don't hear anything happening, it's probably the power supply.

I digress though... If you do get a new computer, save your hard-drive...
You can make your old hard-drive a slave to the new one in the new 'puter. If it's a desktop, don't be intimidated, cracking open the case and playing with the guts isn't really as hard as one would think, especially if you don't care about any other components other than the hard-drive. Components in a desktop are actually fairly easy to disassemble and reassemble. Usually all I need is a screwdriver.

A laptop is trickier and more frustrating, but again, if you don't have plans for the laptop and don't care if the laptop itself gets trashed, you can recover the hard-drive there easily as well. You'll probably need to purchase a special cable to access the data on it though as it'll have a different type of interface than found on a desktop hard-drive.

Even if you're getting the "no O/S found" message or something similar you may still be able to recover data by slaving it. Almost every time my desktop's gone down, it's been a corrupted O/S. I've just bought a new Hard-drive (usually bigger, better, faster than the old), loaded up the O/S and slaved the old one to extract data at my leisure.

Here's the first hit I came upon searching for destructions on how to slave a harddrive if it helps:
How to slave a harddrive

Don't feel too bad about not backing up.... You'd be surprised at the number of techs who don't religiously backup personal data... I myself haven't performed a complete backup of my non-work related computers in a few years.

Logged Logged

signature courtesy of r0o!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.