Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested)
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
you can also report via e-mail if the link isn't working for you. Here is the addy: reportabuse@fanfiction.com
From what we understand, you have better luck doing that.

Also, it's best to give snippets of what you're reporting and a referring link. just as reference we have; Chapter 4 for some explicit descriptions, chapter 11 for explicit language, Chapter 12 for a sex scene, Chapter 16 sex scene. By far, we haven't gone through the whole story but that's enough to give you reference points to copy n paste.

And for those complaining... this is NOT an isolated incidence of ff.net not doing their job (they have PAID moderators as well for cripes sake!). Go here... stop-plagiarism.livejournal.com/ MA RATED ONLY! and take a look through the cases. A great many are unresolved because ff.net, despite overwhelming evidence, hasn't touched the stories and they are still up for all to see.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/23 13:40 By MoxyMikki.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Lyris
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Reported. It disgusts me that people will steal other's hard work. I hear that she's been working on that story for four years! I would be pissed if a story I had been working on for THAT long was stolen.

Logged Logged
CrazyLoveSK
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
that is so distasteful, stealing stories..........its like stealing someone's baby!!I alrady reported it but I'm still really mad about it!!

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 55
Yes, reported... but I realized something today...

I'm relatively new to the fan fiction world (8months), and my first experience with any fandom was Dokuga. Everyone here is so supportive and keeps it clean (when need be ;] ) and is just all around nice!

Imagine my shock reading the LJ stop plagiarism site...

WOW, some people... I just didn't think... I never would have guessed... your FRIEND posts other people's chapters on your stories?

Your MOM wanted you to run a social experiment with fanfic plagiarism???

Trolling your own account for sympathy?

This isn't a rant... this is the shocked reaction to someone who has had it good over here.

I'm shaking my head, yes at the injustice of people stealing others' work, but also at the fact that there are people... OUT THERE... who think this is okay and get mad when caught.

... Thank you, Dokuga, if not for anything else, for being cautious.

*hides in originally written fanfic for solace*

Logged Logged

Kuropii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I reported it, hopefully it'll help. The comment he or she made on her profile just sickens me.

Logged Logged
Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
how awful! my Bloodlust was plagiarized, and after much efforts by WIccan and Dokugans in general the bad version was finally removed....off to report!

Logged Logged
summerbirdy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Reported

And once again this gives me a reason not to have an account or to post my stories in ff.net If the site didn't have so many awesome authors that are also honest I would boycott it just because the staff ain't doing their job.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
Lira wrote:
how awful! my Bloodlust was plagiarized, and after much efforts by WIccan and Dokugans in general the bad version was finally removed....off to report!
(This looks lengthy, I know, but I swear it is not a rant, not even a little bit of one.)

Yeah, I remember when Bloodlust was stolen. Wasn't it just a little while back, too? Wiccan put out the word and we all jumped to it- I think I said something like she'd 'loosed the hounds of hell' on the person XD.

My story Sins in Dreaming was plagiarized back in 2008, so I really do know how you feel. It was shortly after the 2nd Quarter awards that year and I got an email from someone in the Spark community telling me that someone had posted the story as theirs. I remember literally sinking back in my chair, not angry, but . . . not really knowing how to feel at that moment. It was this awful, cold hollow sort of feeling. I was just dazed and completely shocked and had no clue how to respond to this news. Don't get me wrong, I got angry eventually, but that's not what hits you at first.

It was reported and dealt with, nearly before I'd even learned of the theft, but I think the reason for the expediency then was that the plagiarist had stolen not only my story, but a pretty lengthy list of fics. For a few weeks I was getting follow-up emails letting me know the status of the incident (I don't remember who contacted me and was handling it, but I am still so grateful to that person for being so steadfast about the whole thing). The theif had been identified under a few different pen names, as well as the sites the stolen works had been posted to, if I remember correctly, and everyone was advised to keep a look out for anything resembling those pen names.

The thing that got me, though, was that all of the stories the person had stolen had received awards in that quarter. All I could think was 'if these awards come about by people reading and voting on these stories . . . how could you think someone wouldn't recognize them?' @_@

Plagiarists simply have no true idea of how it feels to have their hard work taken from them and labeled as someone else's, if they did, they most likely wouldn't be eager to be the cause of another person feeling that way.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 11:44 By Freya Ishtar.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
Just an update... after almost a full TWO MONTHS the story and account were deleted today. Thanks all, for all the help with this. It's greatly appreciated!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21

Thanks for letting us know

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
Thank you for keeping us updated, D-sama . It's almost not even a relief, though, because of how long it took for them to do something, ya know?

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert (Assistance Requested) 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
I get what you are saying Freya. Even though they took it down, its disconcerting that it took two months for FF.net to do something about it. Its infuriating that they have so little respect for writers - some of which are their own!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.