Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
ff.net possessed again?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: ff.net possessed again?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
I was, amazingly, reading fanfics trouble-free on ff.net for over a month! Wow! I thought it was because I switched from internet explorer to firefox. I should have known that my luck couldn't last. Whatever they have creeping around in there this time is nasty, and grabbed control of my computer fast, and did NOT want to let it go. If you feel the irresistible urge to visit that site, get ready to hit the power switch on your computer in a hurry in case you get hijacked.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
Fanfiction.net, or adultfanfiction.net?

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
regular ff.net.

Logged Logged
Skyisthelimit
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
Hunh, I've never gotten anything from FF.net and I've been reading fics from it regularly (as in daily) for the past....5 or 6 years now? Maybe it's your firewall? That's actually pretty worrisome. You should check your security settings and such

Logged Logged

mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Uh... I was curious and went to see and nothing happened. Could it be something you collected from another site? I know sometimes things sneak in from other sites or you'll have something nasty working in the background you weren't aware of. I'd definitely do an entire scan of your computer just to make sure.

My husband is a bit of a computer geek so all of our lappies have spybot (malware, spyware and cookies) and avg (antivirus). They're both great and I haven't had any issues with anything *knocks on wood* since I started using them. They're free too!

Good luck. I'll definitely place an offering to the almighty Compugod for you.

Logged Logged
mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Uh... dang, I forgot to mention the spyware antivirus stuff does have copies out there so if you just do a websearch be careful. (I accidentally DL the wrong one once. o_0)

Logged Logged
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 32
I am on FF.net at least a dozen times each day. Very rarely I will click a link to a chapter and will get redirected to some BS page. It happens maybe four or five times a year for me, but it is a rarity considering the amount of time I spend on the site. It has not happened in months (to me anyway). When it does happen, I usually run a scan immediately to catch anything that might have slipped in.

PS: knifethrower - when are you going to update Appalachian Trail Diary? I really want to see that one finished... MWAH!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/09 07:21 By sesshys_jaded_samuri.
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:ff.net possessed again? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
I don't go on ff.net a lot, but when I just went to read a story over there, I got redirected too. When I went to the support page, it tried redirected me again and when I refreshed it, it did it again. Third time, I was able to stop the website in the middle of the load before it could finish the script and redirect so it looks like they may be "possessed" again. I haven't been redirected on any other websites and a scan of my computer shows nothing so hopefully it's not anything that actually gets on your computer, but runs in the back of the website so lots of people aren't infected...

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.