Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can Anyone Help Me?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can Anyone Help Me?
Mina
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
my 16 year old sis got caught shoplifting...omg...shes gunna graduate next year...wat about colleges? wat about jobs???? she wants to become a pharmacist...wat will happen? will colleges judge her and reject her???

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
1. please calm down.
2. she's a minor unless she shop lifted for anything over $500, it should be in sealed records after she's 18.
3. college, are ify. It depends on who you want to go to, and what not, but she should still be able to go.
4. for her going to be a pharmacist. that's a 5 - 6 year school program, she's 16, no worries, again, anything under $500 shouldn't show in her records when she's of age.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Mina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
thanks r0o buh im still scared for her b/c she doesnt turn 18 until after she graduates high skewl and by then the universities will have looked at her record already...im so worried..shes been crying all day and it makes me worry wen she keeps muttering she wants to join the navy b/c no colleges will accept her anymore

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
The damage is already done. She chose to commit theft, which is a crime, and she may be prosecuted for the act if the retailer chooses to do so. She may get lucky and they might choose not to prosecute, in which case she'll just get a slap on the wrist and told to go home.

If not, and they choose to prosecute, then it really depends on what she stole and the value of that item. She might get juvenile detention and be placed under probation. She may be fined or have other punishments placed on her. If she's tried in juvenile court her records will be sealed when she turns 18 and this will all come out in the wash, so to speak. If she's not, which there is a chance she may not be, then she'll have to live with her criminal record.

There is a possibility that she will suffer as theft is a major flag when it comes to employment. Particularly now, when the job market favors the employer. Why would anyone hire someone that steals when they can hire 10 other people who do not? After a few years, however, so long as she is well-behaved, she will get better offers. Employment over the next two years is likely to be rather rough if not impossible, though.

College is still a possibility but she may not get into higher ranked colleges. It is usually only the higher colleges that look that deep into a student's record. There is no shame in going to community college.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
nothing wrong with the navy ^_^

I have a pal that i used to work with, older gal, she started a new job just to have something to do. she was career navy, retired from that after 20 years, and ended up buying a ridiculously large SUV and a house on the same day, she didnt HAVE to work she just wanted something to do.

Though she didnt have children and was not married so it was much easier for her to save, but the point is, nothing is wrong with the navy. plus, military helps to pay for school. and she might have a skill set that'll get her a pretty good job if she doesnt go career.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Mina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
Hahaha LOL thx u guys!!! I tink she has a court date tho...with a DA and judge...I hope she at least gets a slap on da wrist and given community service...skewl is the last ting she has left and house arrest is not a good idea

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Anyone Help Me? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Probation will allow her to go to school. They will have a probation officer monitor her and she will have to answer to them day and night. They are very strict but work hard to make sure the offender learns their lesson and follows the rules.

There is nothing wrong with the Navy but your sister has to understand that she made a major error. There is a possibility that the Navy won't take her because of her recent offense.

One thing she can do, regardless of the outcome, is to try to do a lot of community service. Volunteering around your community and getting letters of recommendation for her character will help bolster her social standing and soften the blow of her crime. It will help her prove that she is learning from her mistake.

Above all, she has to accept that she did this to herself and nobody but she can take the blame for the consequences of her actions.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.