Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Bad "Getting Older" Days
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Bad "Getting Older" Days
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 56
Okay... so todays my birthday. Been 29 for several years now. Anywho, took my daughter roller skating for the first time and ended up falling. Broke my &%$%%$# wrist. My hubby is going to be making jokes about this for a while.
Does anyone else have a story of something 'memorable' happening on your birthday?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
Happy birthday!

I have a birthday story but it isn't a happy one so I doubt anyone would want to hear it.

Broken wrists aren't too bad. Unless it's the hand you write with! I broke my right wrist when I was in school. My luck, it so happened that I had to take a state exam. We had to write a short story. I failed. It looked like chicken scratch. It was horrible. I still laugh at the idea that from that day until High School I was labeled as a failure at creative writing.

Logged Logged
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Memorable in a good or bad way...? XD

lol. Well one year I got food posioning the next day.

But a good one was when I got to just hang out with my friends and built a bond fire at the beach. We drew on large marshmellow with chard sticks and then played mortal kombat with them on a log in the flames. ...One was a ninja turtle. lol

Hope the wriste gets better, I hated breaking mine. And I'm there with yeah.. will by 30 next month

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/20 02:18 By lunaticneko. Reason: typo

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 55
last school year was my first year back in college (i had taken courses while in germany, but never full-time) In my ENG101 class a discussion broke out about one of the readings and I, for some reason, felt the need to talk a lot. After class, one of my classmates came up and said, "Wow, you seem really smart! What high school did you go to?" I told her I haven't been to high school in years. All bug-eyed, she answered, "Oh god, how old are you?" I was twenty-five at the time and when I told her this...(DIRECT QUOTE)

"Oh wow! That's so old! I don't plan to still be in college at your age. Hopefully I'll actually be living my life by then."

I wanted to destroy her.

ALSO, I hate the clothing the youngin's are wearing.

Logged Logged

Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
cakeiton wrote:
ALSO, I hate the clothing the youngin's are wearing.

Of course that would be all i got from your story, haha!
I very much like my clothing </3

This may not count because I'm just a teen BUT this was a memorable birthday in a good/bad way!

I'm turning nineteen this year but for my big 1-8, my friends and I definitely did NOT make good choices. Talk about huge birthday parties! We went to my friend's lake house and it was awesome for the weekend and a had a three day long party! Not only was it a large party that I don't really remember, but it turned into one of those parties after awhile and I had random people celebrating the day of my birth and coming in and out of the lake house! It was hilarious!

The only thing I remember, (this is what made it memorable) was the guy I was madly in love with at the time (love is fickle mind you) took me to the lake that was behind the house, grabbed my hand, kissed me senseless, and I vomitted on his feet. He was kind enough to hold my hair back, tuck me into bed, and stay with me until morning. Where he then made me a light breakfast and told me I was beautiful with bed head, red rimmed eyes, and wrinkled clothing. It was a lovely romance while it lasted but college whisked him on a swimming scholorship! D:

Dear Younger Dokugians,
Partying is not a way of life. Don't get carried away with it! It is a fun activity but again not a way of life!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/20 16:37 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
A few years back I had to babysit my little siblings while my parents went to a book signing XD.

I'm not big on parties, so I usually don't plan them. Last year my parents made me a surprise party, distracting me with looking for a good cake. On the way home my little sister threw her shoes out the window of the car and as soon as we were in the house she got spanked. An awkward few seconds later my friends jumped out from behind the couch.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 31
3 days before I turned 29 (in 2010), I was part of a massive layoff at the company I had worked for for 6 yrs. The bums. It lead to me being on unemployment for a year.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Coastin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/08/06 01:39 By Coastin.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
One year I think in elementary school, I don't even remember what grade I was in, only one person showed up to my birthday party. :< Did wonders to my self-esteem, that.

One year when I was in 8th grade or so, I twisted my ankle pretty bad right before my birthday, so I spent my birthday pretty much immobile, laying on the living room sofa. But at least I didn't have to go to school, and I got chocolate as a part of my present from mom. She had even got me my favourite kind. <3

Since I was born in early September, now that I'm attending uni, the school year always begins around my birthday. Such a great present, that.

Other than that, though, I have some really nice birthday memories, too. :3 I even got a surprise birthday party once in high school. <3

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 56
You all are making me realize that I'm not the only one that the Fates decided to mess with on her birthday. (does that even make sense, or is the pain meds making me talk gibberish?) Thanks everyone
Now I'll just have to make it up to my poor hubby. He had to spend our anniversary in the doctor's office with me, pinning me down while they reset my wrist. He's been so patient. Guess we'll just have to make up for lost time at a later time.

@Cakiton: Did you threaten to smack her with your cane?

@Riku: Oooo... gave your sister something memorable for you birthday, though.

What's the best birthday some of you have had?

You guys are the... just thought I'd tell you that.

Logged Logged

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
Best birthday ever:

Just moved in with my husband. We had nothing. He was a bachelor for some time before I moved in and I did not exactly come from a caring family that wanted to help out much.
He had 3 chairs. Two of the chairs broke within a week of my moving in. (He broke them! lol) I was pregnant at the time and for those of you who have never been - getting up and down off the floor when pregnant is not fun, easy, or comfortable! So, we finally got chairs. There was just one problem. We only had chairs.
So when he asked what I wanted for my birthday I told him: A card table.
He looked at me like I was crazy but a card table was really all we could afford at the time. We were just staring out so buying a big table was not really sensible. I honestly expected him to forget. Everyone forgets my birthday and I hadn't received a gift in years. (My birthday is one month after Christmas. Everyone is broke!)
Well, my birthday came around and I didn't think much of it. Until he walked in the door.
I still have my card table. It's one of my most cherished possessions.

It might sound cheap or dumb but I really felt like he cared about what mattered to me. I'm not a diamonds and roses kind of girl (in fact, I would hate those gifts) so to have someone who actually listened to what my needs were and took care of them was very nice. (I'm waiting for the "here are the keys to your new house" birthday year...)

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12
I got bit by a dog on one birthday. It had had it's shots but I still had to have a tetanus shot. While we were waiting in triage at the hospital there was only one chair and my mother took it. I was just standing there and everything started to get a little grey, followed by greyer... I said, "I think I'm going to faint." (shock) My mother leaped up and flung me into the chair and two seconds after my backside hit the seat, two orderlies were hauling me up and pushing me into a wheelchair. Well, who can pass out when they're being flung from chair to chair, people??? I got the shot, I'd never had one before, and I reacted to it - got all feverish and sick. Well, my birthday was labor day that year and our neighborhood had a big block party on labor day. Everyone was partying and having a great time. Someone had baked me a birthday cake so we did celebrate that. And the party was fun, or would have been if I hadn't been running a temp of 100°F. So it sounds like a pretty lousy birthday, doesn't it? Only, the boy I was crushing on sat beside me all evening taking care of me... He was a sweetheart.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
sharon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't have any memorable day but yes i enjoyed a lot on my each and every birthday. And i try to make that day to memorable... In fact i liked that very much....

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Bad "Getting Older" Days 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 31
Something was always going wrong on my birthdays. No one would show up, or the people that showed would make things horrible (like breaking the wall and my bed).

Oddly enough though, what I feel are the most memorable ones are the ones where my boyfriend and I were the only ones celebrating. My last two b-days have been just him and I cuddled together watching movies. That's all. Nothing bad happened, so I enjoyed it. This Thursday is my birthday, so I'm hoping I can do something like that.

By the way, happy b-day to you, KEdakumi. It may have not been so happy, but it did inspire you to write a topic.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.