Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Live Below the Line!!! (Help a Good Cause)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Live Below the Line!!! (Help a Good Cause)
Coastin
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Live Below the Line!!! (Help a Good Cause) 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Live Below the Line is an incredible awareness and fundraising campaign that empowers those who want to eradicate extreme poverty within the next generation. Started in Australia in 2010, the movement quickly spread across 3 continents and is now catching on in the US.

1.4 BILLION people are forced to live every day on $1.50. Food, drink, health expenses, housing, transportation, education - all living costs must be covered by this amount. It's a feat impossible to imagine - but it's the reality for nearly one quarter of the world's population. The good news is we can effect change in this area.

May 16 – 20, 2011, is Live Below the Line Week. During those 5 days, thousands of people across the US will spend just $1.50 per day on food. In doing so, they will bring the issue of extreme poverty to the attention of their households and workplaces.

We'll all be challenged. We'll all struggle without caffeine. And we'll all have that not-quite-full feeling for 5 days. But we will do so because there are 1.4 billion people for whom doing without is not a choice, and that situation must change.

It's not really a competition, even though the amount raised by each person/team is public and ranked you don't actually win anything.

Any and all money goes to the global poverty project. The point of living those few days on only $1.50 a day is not only to raise money but also to experience the trials those 1.4 billion people have to go through everyday.

So i challenge you to Live below the line along with me May 16 -20, 2011!!!

If you would like to join me and Live Below the Line this May, please
visit www.livebelowtheline.com and sign up to participate!

And if you want to you can join the team i am on. It's called team awesome and led by my best friend melissa cendejas

If you don't think you can take on the challenge you can also support the effort by making a donation. You can make a secure
online donation by clicking the link below.

my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1135048&langPref=en-CA

Thankyou! I hope you guys give it a shot!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.