Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I write to...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: I write to...
Konekotsukino
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
O.o *hides* oh no I am stalked.... *tries not to drool at bribery cookies* lol
Thank you =D. I'll try to update a little sooner if I don't get distracted.

Logged Logged
  The topic has been locked.
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 32
Long: The earliest memory I have of my life is of me sitting on the floor, surrounded by books. Most of my memories are of books, in fact. And a good part of those are not really memories, but fantasies. I would curl up in a dim corner and lose myself in my books to the point that I had written myself into the story, either as my own person or as one of the existing characters. Those fantasies have only grown more intense with time, and they've been my connection to sanity and happiness and emotional release throughout my life. Whether I'm happy or sad or angry or murderous or confused or whatever, I just pick up a story and imagine it till the emotion has been leeched. And I always come back out with renewed strength and a clear head. I want others to experience this too, to get attached to a story and its characters emotionally till it's real to them. Till they're involved in it, are participating in it. I want them to feel that state of emotional catharsis, to explore unlikely emotions and to truly live.

So, in short: I write to give people worlds to live in.

(Sigh...I couldn't decide between "I write to give people catharsis" and "I write to give people worlds to live in")

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/23 22:49 By naqaashi.

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Infinite Silence
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 2
I write for many reasons, some to escape reality and the stress it brings, others just for fun, even though most of my work isn't posted... Mostly I write for myself to create something that is purely me and while flighty it is a part of me. When writing, I can forget everything around me, and be free of the bonds that society has placed upon me, and what I must look like and how I represent myself.

Short answer: I write... for myself, and to create something that is purely me.

Logged Logged

Lucy Morningstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 8
I write because I like seeing something I have accomplished, a materialization of my daydreams. I had more books than friends when I was a kid and writing is natural for me. It's strictly for narcisstic purposes. LOL.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 216
Infinite Silence wrote:
I write for many reasons, some to escape reality and the stress it brings, others just for fun, even though most of my work isn't posted... Mostly I write for myself to create something that is purely me and while flighty it is a part of me. When writing, I can forget everything around me, and be free of the bonds that society has placed upon me, and what I must look like and how I represent myself.

Short answer: I write... for myself, and to create something that is purely me.
How do you want this to go, it's got to be an 'i write to' format.

Lucy Morningstar wrote:
I write because I like seeing something I have accomplished, a materialization of my daydreams. I had more books than friends when I was a kid and writing is natural for me. It's strictly for narcisstic purposes. LOL.and please read the rules, i don't banner when the question is not answered how i requested.

and here you go Naq:

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 32
wheeeeeee, thanks a ton and several gallons, r0o!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Infinite Silence
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 2
ah, I should have re-read what I wrote, I meant for the short answer to be in an I write to format... I write to... create something that is purely me, and for myself.

If that is to long then, you can take off the for myself part. Thank you ROo!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Infinite Silence wrote:
ah, I should have re-read what I wrote, I meant for the short answer to be in an I write to format... I write to... create something that is purely me, and for myself.

If that is to long then, you can take off the for myself part. Thank you ROo!
np! here ya go ^_^ and thanks for fixing that!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years ago Karma: 6
can i gets 1 r0o??

I write to...go on journies that some would deem impossible

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Sammi-Chan wrote:
can i gets 1 r0o??

I write to...go on journies that some would deem impossible

Please read the rules of this thread here: www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/50079-i-write-to?limit=25&start=150#58837

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
QuietMari
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Do you really want to know why I write? I write because if I say/do any of the stuff I write about in the real world, I would be considered more insane than I already am and possibly be locked up. I write because it frees my true self and drink my daily dose of Sess+Kag in my own style glass.

Logged Logged

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll boggle your brain with my insanity. Of course I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m out of my mind! Its dark and scary in there!!

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
Yuuki wrote:
Do you really want to know why I write? I write because if I say/do any of the stuff I write about in the real world, I would be considered more insane than I already am and possibly be locked up. I write because it frees my true self and drink my daily dose of Sess+Kag in my own style glass. Please read the rules of this thread here: www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/50079-i-write-to?limit=25&start=150#58837

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
QuietMari
Pup
graphgraph
Long Answer: I write because if I say/do any of the stuff I write about in the real world, I would be considered more insane than I already am and possibly be locked up. I write because it frees my true self and drink my daily dose of Sess+Kag in my own style glass. I write because it relaxes me enough to transformed this broke atmosphere into my own dream land.

Short Answer: I write to escape into my own insane imagination.

Logged Logged

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll boggle your brain with my insanity. Of course I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m out of my mind! Its dark and scary in there!!

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
thank you, and remember this is for you mainpage or about you, not your forum tag ^_^

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
QuietMari
Pup
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:
thank you, and remember this is for you mainpage or about you, not your forum tag ^_^

AWESOME SAUCE!!! Thank chu r0o-sama! Btw, I'm making you and Priestess Skye a fanart! I love you two and when I post it I hope you two will like it! Thanks again!

Logged Logged

Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Free my inner demon.

Because it allows me to be myself and express how I feel. Writing is the ultimate freedom and is something that no one can tell you how to do, when to do it or whether it is right or wrong. There is no right or wrong way to write. It is simply freedom unrestrained and wild.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
eh, your long was to the point, and your i write to wasnt put into a specific format, so i hope this works.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
T.H.o.a.W.M.
Pup
graphgraph
Short Version
I write to escape from my reality.

(Not Much of a) Long Version
Writing, for me, lets me escape reality. Call it 'playing God' if you will, but there, the reality can be different than the reality that I'm currently living in. There are times, though, that the reality in the stories can be influenced by what I'm living as well.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/01 14:57 By THoaWM.
otterbaby
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I write to capture and release emotion

I write to convey and bring emotions to people. If I'm writing something sad, then I want people to feel a touch of sadness. If I'm writing something silly, I want people to laugh. Emotion is a big part of who I am and how I write. If I'm not writing to bring an emotion, then I'm writing to give that emotion up so I can go on with my life.

Logged Logged

I claimed Yura\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s comb in the Claim game.
Im the Secretly (Un)Angelic Gm in the Dokuga Marbles Guild
Perhaps though, this will make me stronger
More confident,
Beautiful even.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 24
Alright... I've been looking at this thread for months, so I think it's about time for me to actually answer the question. lol.

I started writing when I was in 6th grade. They were only diary/journal entries though where I wrote about my day and my emotions. It was very over dramatic and I hope I've burned those by now. I switched from a book and a pen to blog sites where I updated frequently and my writings/ramblings got more mature. Still, my journal writing days had ended, officially, about three years ago. I had fallen out of it slowly, sporadically updating when I remembered or simply being too lazy to do so.

I never thought of myself as a writer then, but I got into poetry writing when a friend of mine passed away from Cancer. I was upset and distraught and I had no outlet for my emotions. I didn't want to burden my friends with my negativity and my family aren't the kind of people who dwell on things like that. So I kept it bottled inside until one day, I sat down and wrote out a long poem. Then, one thing led to another and I was writing poetry all the time. It ranged in various topics and I just kept improving with practice. I won several poetry contests at my school and I had been published a couple of times as well. Despite that, I was wary of actually writing full length stories and novels - even with all the plots that I had. I feared that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them or I would screw it up royally. I had attempted National Novel Writing Month for so many years with no success because I would quit after a thousand or two words. I realized how different story writing was from poetry, but I wanted to succeed!

So I kept trying and failing, but eventually, under a few friend's suggestions, I signed up on an RP/video game forum and I RPed A LOT. I was on that site all day every day and it helped so much because I fed off of other people's inspirations as they fed off mine. It was such a different environment than attempting everything all by myself. I loved it and I really came to appreciate story writing. After that, my confidence was renewed and I tried again. It was still difficult though, trying to create original worlds and characters.

And at the time, I wasn't into anime or manga, so I didn't know about fanfiction. My friend was obsessed with Inuyasha though and she gave me a fanfiction site to go on to read some stories. I blanched at the idea, but after weeks of having that site bookmarked, I took a look and the first story that had caught my eye was a Sess x Kag fiction. I read it and I loved it, despite not having a really clear understanding of the characters. I just knew that the way the author had written the story - they had fit perfectly and they were really suitable for each other. Immediately, I liked that pairing - with nothing else to go on. After much convincing, my friend made me watch an episode of Inuyasha and I was immediately hooked. I saw Sesshoumaru and Kagome in the anime then I recalled the fanfiction that I read and I could only think to myself, "well, opposites attract." And that's when I began writing fanfictions and it was easier than original stories because the characters and world had already been set. It was pretty much just keeping them in character and dropping in new plots.

And I'm pretty proud to say that since then, I've written, what I think, are a lot of fanfictions, a lot of poetry, and I even won NaNoWriMo two years in a row now (original stories, finally!). The plots that I use are my own fairytales that I will never get the chance to live in reality, but that's okay, because I live it every time I write it since I imagine myself as the main character and that's good enough for me. I write for myself so I can improve and I write to escape reality and to live the lives that I'll never be able to live otherwise.

Whew! So... in short, I guess you could say, I write to live in different worlds and fairytales that don't exist in reality.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/01 23:58 By Aurora Antheia Raine.

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
eh

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/02 00:43 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Long version: I write to let loose the random ideas that spin through my mind. To see what a what if can become. Each idea usually comes a random thought the springs into choas that I try to make into a story. Also, writing brings me a sense of joy. I'm always happier after posting a chapter. And oddly enough sometimes fanfics I left alone too long poke at me in my dreams.

Short version: I write to free the what ifs in my mind.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
:3

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/04 17:32 By sugar0o. Reason: bc i r spechal

On HHr Shipping
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
This is an interesting question!

Why do I write? Well, I write... I write... to breathe.

Coming out of a really long writer's block I think back on those days when I sat, staring at the computer screen and watching that annoying cursor just blink at me. It was horrible. I had so many thoughts to share and yet I found it near impossible to put anything down. I felt like someone who desperately wants to sing, but has no voice. Life was not bad, per se, but it was certainly very empty and I found myself disconnected from the friends I'd made when I was actively writing. I felt like I was just a burden. What good is a writer who cannot write?

It's funny, however, because I learned to cherish something that I used to take for granted. I've always woke with ideas for new writing and gone to bed thinking of more stories. I would live, eat, and breathe story telling. I didn't think it would ever go anywhere. Where would such an integral part of myself go?

I didn't believe it was possible until... I couldn't breathe anymore. Now I realize just how wonderful those times were. I've never felt more energetic than I have these past few days that I've finally been able to take in a few good breaths and say the words I have been longing to say.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
and welcome back! Totally stalked some of your previous fics!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.