Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Conventions, Conventions, Conventions!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Conventions, Conventions, Conventions!
Mimiru
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 10
Hellooooo Dokugians! Have you ever been to an awesome anime convention? You know, a gathering of us Otaku nerds from all over the country? If not, your missing out! If so, then lets gather!

Alright, for my dokugian chums in Illinois! In O'hare the weekend of May 20-22 ANIME CENTRAL 2011 is goin' on at the Hyatt, and I'll be there! Is anyone going? I'll also be at Youmacon 2011 this year in November from the 3rd to the 6th in detroit Michigan at the Detroit Marriot Renaissance Center . Does anyone have plans on going??

Logged Logged

Its okay to be insane, I mean lookit Dokuga, its FULL of nuts
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yoru-101
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm not from your area, but I wish I could go.

I'm going to Toronto's Anime North though. Anybody going to that?

I'll be dressed as a Dark Kusuriuri <3

Logged Logged

Addy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
I have gone to Las Vegas,Nevada's Anime Vegas for the past four-ish years, and I plan on attending Anime Banzai this year. It's pretty amazing.

I love the atmosphere and the ability to make friends with anyone at a con, even if you have nothing else in common. Although, you might never see them again... D:

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagome\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Panty Flash in the Claim Game.
I am a Master Arm Rest in Dokugareers and I am invisible until mods notice me. :3 Fear my YIMhood!
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 29
I love conventions!
I'm going to Anime North this year again. I have yet to go to one out of country, but I plan to next year though! I want to go to a few outside Canada.

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
I have been going to at least one convention per year for 4 years now, and it's quite a memorable experience. Though I think I used to enjoy it a lot more the first few years. I guess it's partly because I'm getting older while the average con-goers seem to get younger. >_>

I'm not from your continent, though, so I probably won't be meeting anyone from Dokuga, but in case there happens to be few fellow Finnish Dokugan con-goers, I'll be attending Animecon in July. o/

Logged Logged
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
Fun fack, Otaku actually means someone's house. Anyway, I sometimes go to Anime Vegas,but I haven't gotten to go in the past year. Hopefully I can go this year.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 28
I may or may not be at Anime Expo again this year. Depends on how my bank account is looking by the time July rolls around!

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Kazu Hioshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Any Englanders going to the London Expo this May Sunday, I will be there.

Logged Logged

Kazu Hioshi claimed the Meido Zangetsuha of Sesshomaru at the Claim Game at Dokuga!

(Yes, I am quite aware of the fact that that sounds weird, but apostrophes turn into giant walls of slashes, and that cannot be permitted XD)

Who was your hero today?
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
I'll be going to AnimeUSA in November, and possibly Otakon this summer.
I don't know who I'll be cosplaying yet though.

Logged Logged

Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I'll most likely be going to Florida Supercon this year. It's the weekend of July 4th, in Miami, Florida. It was on my birthday last year! XD

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 52
There used to be an awesome Anime Con in Orlando called JACON, but it has since been discontinued.

Logged Logged

Addy
Pup
graphgraph
O-taku, with o used as an honorific means house. Otaku in and of itself can also mean some sort of obsession, and in Japan has generally got a very negative connotation... Like those people who sleep with 30 pillows of nekkid anime girlies, or people with huge figurine collections and no money.

That being said, in the US and a lot of English speaking countries use it as a badge of honor to proclaim themselves to other anime geeks.

Anime Vegas is filled with Otaku in the Japanese sense as well as the American one, though. I always wonder if my opinion of anime conventions has been skewed because I've only ever attended Anime Vegas, and never any other con... yet any pics I see seem to be the same basic layout of booths and stuff. Hm.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagome\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Panty Flash in the Claim Game.
I am a Master Arm Rest in Dokugareers and I am invisible until mods notice me. :3 Fear my YIMhood!
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
The anime fans were coined to be otaku because that's how they would call each other, as "otaku" also is a very formal way to say "you". This was an obvious display of their social awkwardness. Otaku isn't exclusive to anime lovers either, it can be also used of anyone who is very devoted to their hobby. In a way it's very similar to "freak", while a person can proudly declare themselves to be a freak, it also is a negative word.

This isn't really related to conventions, though, so I'd suggest we get back to the subject from now on and leave the etymological curiosities aside. No matter how interesting they are.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/27 13:51 By Chie.
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Conventions, Conventions, Conventions! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
www.youmacon.com/

There is another thread about conventions, but I think it is long buried (and for some reason the search isn't bringing it up)

Is anyone in MI or nearby planing on hitting Youmacon this year? It is a little of a drive for me, but I will probably try to get a room or something. (No sense in going if you aren't gunna be there for all 3 days =D )

November 3-6-- I think it is right before or right after college midterm exams.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.