Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Earthquake
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Earthquake
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 78
Check out the news! 8.9 earthquake off Japan's NE coast triggers massive tsunami! Tsunami warning for Hawaii & rest of Pacific.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 12
Because of the earthquakes in New Zealand the geologists predicted a massive earthquake, but for American side of the pacific. No one would have believed it happened so fast.

My thoughts are with the Japanese people.

Logged Logged

katlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 6
My thoughts and Prayers are with the family's of that have lost loved ones in Japan.

Logged Logged

The Fluff is my muse the fluffs name is Sesshoumaru
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 32
I'm worried about the Tsunami alert. I have a friend who has family in Indonesia. I hope everything will turn out okay for everyone affected.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Shout out from Japan here.

We got rocked. This is the worst earthquake to hit Japan in 300 years. The entire NE coast pretty much was ravaged by massive tsunamis of up to 10 meters high (30 feet) in some places.

Lots of fires, flooding and people dead. All the reports are just starting to flood in now. Please keep us in your prayers. This is seriously bad.

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 55
just read news stories on this. My thoughts and best wishes to those effected by this. 8.9 offshore quake and so far 19 aftershocks, most reaching over 6.0. I hope as many as possible find safe places and the care needed after all this.

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 23
I found out about this on youtube, then rushed over to Twitter to make sure all of those in Japan that I follow are okay. For the most part they are.

I worry for the families out there, it's frightening and I hope everyone is doing well and are safe.

Updated news and coverage on the event can be found here: english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2011/03/2011311607470826.html

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/11 05:55 By PRVN.
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 1
they have a tsunami aleart in hawaii ( i know i am not spelling right.) as small flooding along west coast. I live in south bay and use to live near san jose's japantown so i am glued to the news. We over here don't expect much. the most is guess to be 8 feet in pacifica, but they had 30 feet waves.

Logged Logged
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
hawaii has like maybe a half a hour before there hit. I got family there too. I hope everyones ok. the wave will wrap out those islands

Logged Logged
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
i guess the san francisco area is luck they will be get low tide. the safe zone have been set up

Logged Logged
katlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Yes the California coast is relatively lucky as the tied will be about 3 to 5 feet high and hit us around 8 this morning

I have been watching the news all night long please take a moment to send your thought and prayers to the family's in Japan who have lost loved ones
a few of our Dokuga members are out their too and I ask that you keep safe and know that we are thinking of you and praying for you and your family's

Logged Logged

The Fluff is my muse the fluffs name is Sesshoumaru
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
We got really lucky in my area (Mie Prefecture). We're one of the only prefectures on the east coast not severely affected by the tsunamis despite having felt the earthquakes.

The story has been developing on the news and it's just so horrible. They just discovered 300 bodies on the beach where the tsunami first hit. You can't help but feel so helpless. This is such a sad, sad say for Japan.

Please keep everyone in the northern prefectures (Tokyo, Miyagi, Aomori, Iwate, Hokkaido, etc.) in your prayers. They got it the worst.

Good luck to those of you Stateside in Hawaii, California, Washington & BC in Canada. Please take the tsunami warnings seriously. Don't take any chances!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/11 08:53 By Langus.

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 23
To those who know someone in Japan and want to search on them(their safety, how they are doing)this should help:
japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=en

here's another update news link to what has gone on so far.
news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/11/live-blog-japan-earthquake/

Logged Logged
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 26
I'm not sure about religion or anything or how safe it is to post on the forums but...

(And I'm really sorry if it offends someone)

I'm going to start praying, and I'll ask my family to do the same. I'll pass on word to my church- who are probably already praying.

Bless you guys, you're in our thoughts. =/

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 16
If you want to help, the Red Cross is taking donations (they always are) and will be among the first to provide assistance.

www.redcross.org/

Also, please remember to be wary of anyone linking material and asking for donations (Even me. The Red Cross is an organization I trust, but there are several others out there, and ones on local levels)

Times like these are terrible, and there ARE people out there willing to scam people out of donation money to turn a profit. Be sure you know who you are donating to.

Logged Logged

kogazgirl29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 3
my thoughts and prayers go out to all the people effected by the earthquake and tsunami especially those is japan

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 277
I join all our members in sending out thoughts and prayers to the people of Japan following this unprecedented disaster. I sincerely hope that our members living in and near Japan are okay and that they will let us know if there's anything the Dokuga community can do to help them in their time of need.

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones, and my hope that the people of Japan know that the world is rushing to their aid.

:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

catrice
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 0
my prayers are going out to the all people on Japan.

Logged Logged

Sesscat
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 57
My prayers go out to the people of Japan. I know that a group of around twenty or more Emergency Rescue workers from Japan went to Christchurch two weeks ago too to help out in the Civil Defence rescue operations in NZ. I watched the news this morning, and the Japan Emergency rescue workers are heading out today, I presume to return home if they can. My prayers are with them.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 25
So far I've heard from one friend in Tokyo. Still can't get in touch with two, also in Tokyo. I'm worried sick right now.

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 3
I add my prayers to those going out to victims and their families and loved ones. I know in these hard economic times it is not always easy to find money to help those in need. For those who truly want to help, but can't do so in a monetary fashion, I read an article a few minutes ago that will provide a way.

According to the article, a great many Japanese citizens, for whatever cultural or religious reasons, do not donate blood. The Red Cross is asking for blood donors to aid the injured. Blood donation costs nothing but your time. I urge those of you who aren't disqualified medically from donating to call your local Red Cross or other blood donation centers and give.

Anyone 18 or older with no serious medical issues can donate. 17 if you have a parent sign a consent form. It is quick and easy and helps way more than you can imagine.

Logged Logged
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
My thoughts and prayers to all of those affected.

Logged Logged
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
I don't know if this is allowed here or not, but I know in a different online community I frequent, we have done raffles and things before to raise money to donate to charities for catastrophies (sp?) like this...could we possibly do something like that here? I even helped run one that was for the ASPCA to help animals who were displaced when Katrina hit here in the US. Mods- you can delete my post if you think it might cause a stir, but I thought maybe we could band together to help. We could donate to the Red Cross or another organization if someone wants to research a good one.

Logged Logged
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 24
My thoughts are with the victims and their families/loved ones in Japan that have been deeply affected by the tsunami. I also hope that everyone else in all the warning countries are okay. I have several friends in Hawaii, so I am praying for their safety since I haven't been able to contact them yet to see how they are doing.

I've donated to the Red Cross already, but I didn't think blood donations. I will check for a Red Cross Center near me and donate. Thanks for the suggestion on that, Time.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Earthquake 13 Years ago Karma: 277
I don't know if this is allowed here or not, but I know in a different online community I frequent, we have done raffles and things before to raise money to donate to charities for catastrophies (sp?) like this...could we possibly do something like that here? I even helped run one that was for the ASPCA to help animals who were displaced when Katrina hit here in the US. Mods- you can delete my post if you think it might cause a stir, but I thought maybe we could band together to help. We could donate to the Red Cross or another organization if someone wants to research a good one.

If anyone was willing the do the legwork and coordination on something like that, it sounds like a wonderful idea to me... after all, we exist because Ms. Takahashi, in Japan, made our whole terrific universe, right?

I will consult with our other Admins but, in the meantime, if anyone is willing to take on something of this nature, please let me know, 'k?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/11 19:05 By wiccanmethuselah.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.