Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Different kinds of Art
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Different kinds of Art
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
So i was wondering this is a place for different kinds of art and writting. well i was wondering if any one would like to show off or maybe talk about their different kinds of art specifically around body art such as tattoos piercings....(appropriate and abbides by forum rules) what they mean to you, why you got them etc...

if tis post happens to violate any rules (i dont think it does) but i will take it down if need be.

i personally have 6 piercings and 3 tattoos.

this is my newest me and my best friend got matching tattoos she's the yin to my yang

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
Right now, I only have one tattoo-which I regret getting and was rather forced into getting(not the design but who did it) So I plan on getting it covered up soon.

However I do have three tattoos in mind, that when I get the money I plan on getting them. The tattoo that will be covering my current on will take up most of my upper arm(from my shoulder to my elbow) It will be a Kirin(or Qilin)-and since I am a dragon(and the Kirin is part dragon) I am also going to throw in my Western Zodiac sign, which is a Libra. Most likely I will have the Kirin holding the libra symbol.

I plan on getting this tattoo when I get down to my healthy weight. The Kirin is a good omen who is said to bring rui(which is roughly translated to 'serenity' or 'prosperity') I basically want to get this to start off my new life, with a healthy weight-and start it with 'good luck'.

My other tattoo I have planned is another large one-for my leg. From my ankle to my knee. It will be a cherry blossom tree, in full bloom(I am still debating on having it be a pink or white cherry tree) I will have my ferrets(Jiraiya and Ambika) playing on/around the tree.

The other tattoo I have planned may not happen until I have children-because of where it will be located(Which will be across my hip bones/ pelvic area.) The main base of it will be two tiger strips going down on each side, vines will be wrapping around the strips and along the vines will be different flowers that have meanings that are important to me.(friends,love, life etc)

I don't really have any piercings anymore(had to take the one's I had out for work)

I have been planning to get the tattoos mentioned above for about eleven years now(laughs) so I'm excited to get them-I need to draw them up, or find someone to draw them. I'm really picky on who will do my tattoos and after three years I have finally found a tattoo artist I like in the state I live in. C:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/05 17:26 By PRVN.
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
i understand where your comming from with not regretting the tattoos themselves but who you had them done by.... my other 2 are both on my neck one is a heart with tribal which i got done at 15 by my cousin and it didnt come out exactly how i wanted due to her messing up. and my other is supposed to be a Japanese symbol but gain the person did a shabby job. but about getting white done on your sakura tree. im quoting the professional who just did my new tattoo. "white almost always fades into a yellow on the skin." he told me he didnt recommend me getting my other half of it done in white and leave the skin color. oh and im completely happy with my new one.

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Yeah, I've heard that white tattoos are not good to get-because the color fades fast. I also heard it depends on the skin color too(for really white skin tones it will just 'fade' with it, but will most likely have to be recolored every few months. I have never heard of it fading into yellow though.

I talked to my friend(who is a professional tattoo artist) about it a few years ago-he suggested doing it pink and shading/highlighting it with white-I may end up doing that C:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/05 17:22 By PRVN.
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
ooo well when its done it would be kool 2 see ^_^

Logged Logged

Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10

Well, this tat is a Triquetra, and I don't regret it at all . Its my first tat, which I am planning on having ALOT more.

The Triquetra is a symbol of protection in wiccan, and it is also the symbol of unity of the mind body and spirit.

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
Shrii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
OH MAN, THIS TOPIC SPEAKS TO ME HEART....

*Coughs*

Any who. I am a huge lover and fan of body modification and art. I currently have 12 piercings. I use to have more -but considering I am going into the medical field, I need to start reducing. The only ones I have kept are my ears and my nose, the others have been removed.

I also got my first Tattoo last May, and it is correct what they say - once you get one, you get addicted. I already have plans for several more. Once I get the money I will fly back to Arizona and get them done by my friends. Two of my good friends are tattoo artist and the only people I will ever let put ink to my skin.

I don't have any pictures of my piercings, but here is my tattoo:

Tony Tat'ing me. I was about to fall asleep - I found it so relaxing haha. This guy getting one in the same place in front of me was crying. I have a rather high threshold of pain X_X.

finished product. it's a lot bigger than it looks in this pic. Goes from shoulder to mid back diagonally.

Yes, that is an infinity symbol. I am a math junkie after all.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/06 14:52 By Shrii.

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Oh wow Shrii! That's beautiful tattoo C:

They are addictive, when I got mine done I found it rather relaxing too-People thought I was weird because of it(laughs), the needles broke four times when the person was doing my tattoo(and it was no color just an outline) but still it wasn't painful, guess it just depends on the person C:

Logged Logged
Shrii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Thank ya Ama! This tattoo meant a lot to me, since it represents my family. I wanted to get it in memory of my dad.

Oh man, thank you for making me not the only person who found it relaxing. Mine took almost 8 hours, since he had to blood line me first. Half of it was also done free hand since the stencil kept rubbing off haha.

My next Tattoo is going to be a Caduceus, and then after that I am looking to get a snake and a peacock intertwined on my side.

The next couple may sound weird, but each has a meaning to me. I also only get tattoo's in places that are easily hidden, that way nobody sees them when I am a surgeon haha.

I'm a very strategic person when it comes to getting them ;3;.

Logged Logged

Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Haha its like me all my tats I'm gonna have will all be strategically placed to be hidden from view

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Different kinds of Art 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
I have several peircings total, most of which are covered up except for my ears. I work in a professional setting and they don't condone most types of piercings which is unfortunate but I can understand where they are coming from.

I also have one tattoo that I got when I was 16 on my right shoulder. Its the celtic symbol for good luck (one of many). I also have my inituals under it which I suppose I shouldn't have done, because everyone who sees it assumes that its actually someone's elses initials. But I still love it.

I also have plans to get one more tattoo, that I've wanted for almost 5 years now, but I just don't know *where* I want to get it placed. I'm thinking my lower back/side. But I want to get down to a healthier weight before I do that ^-^

The one I want:

I also want to get it pretty detailed and colored and I've got several different sketches lined up, just haven't chosen which I like the best yet.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
thats GORGEOUS!!! I'm sure it'll look lovely when it's done on skin lady kirara <3

I wanna get this done when i get to a healthier weight under my belly buttoon:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/07 10:30 By synysterstar.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.