Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I feel kind of guilty. . .
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I feel kind of guilty. . .
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
So today I went to petco tonight to get Miyavi's crate(its one of the ones that grow with them, it has a divider) normally its priced at 140 but was on sale for 120.

After I got it, I went to the register and the lady scanned it and it came up as 30 dollars. I told her that wasnt right it was suppose to be 120 . She scanned it again and it came up as 30 again. We did this two more times and it kept coming up as 30 so she said 'we will just do it as 30'

While I dont mind discounts. I still feel really guilty.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
you did what you were supposed to do...good for you! You told her what it was...after that if she didn't choose to look deeper, there wasn't much you could have done.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and a printer I bought was supposed to be $29 plus tax rung up almost $100.00
We told the lady that the printer was in the $29.00 printer spot and we just wanted the $29.00 printer if they could do that for us. The manager went back to see what she could do and when she came back she shrugged. Apparently since there was another one of the printers in the spot and they were misplaced, she just gave us the $100.00 one for $29.

I would have felt bad and said something if I hadn't done my job and told her the true price should it have been backwards...because of their mistake I ended up with a wireless printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine lol

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
Have had that happened to me before though it was a new mp3 player was originally priced at 150, rang up for only 50...no matter how many times it was scanned. So I got it for 50.

The way I would look at it is luck, or something like that...

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
shhhhhh!!!!! LET IT GO! You told her it wasnt right, and gave her the oportunity to fix it. It isn't your fault that she was too lazy to call a price check. What were you supposed to do, DEMAND she charge you 90 dollars more? Yeah right. Enjoy catching a break, and if you really feel horrible just make sure you give them 90 dollars worth of business to make up for it. You really shouldn't feel guilty after having already given her ample opportunity to charge the proper amount. DO NOT feel bad. *huggles*

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
I know how you feel, but I wouldn't worry about it. You told her it was wrong and she still sold it to you cheaper. In any case I find that most things are probably priced way far above what they're worth so don't feel too bad.

Logged Logged

Waterunleashed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
don't feel guilty I used to work at Petco and we always honored the label on the product or the shelf. If it came up as 30 bucks go you. It is extremely hard to change the price of an item. They have to go through the manager, find the right code, etc. Enjoy your deal I know the crate you're talking about they are good crates.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
Thanks everyone, I feel a little better. I know I shouldn't feel guilty.

I think one of the main reasons to why I feel guilty,aside from paying less than the shelf price, is because the lady who checked me out seemed new.

I dont know for sure but her movements on the register seemed stiff and like she was nervous. I keep feeling bad when I think she may get in trouble on her first day or something :/

Logged Logged
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
if she thought she was doing something wrong then she should have asked someone else...if she was new and didn't know what she was doing...then it's kind of her fault for not just asking a simple question of one of her more experienced co-workers.

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
What you've said here already shows that you appreciate the deal you've received. Take it as a blessing or luck, and pass on the happiness to someone else with a smile or compliment~ keep the good energy flowing. If something happens to the worker, it's not your fault (as mean as that sounds) and she'll learn from it either way so... win win.

It's good to see something like this happen to someone who deserves it. Anyone who contemplates on a deal for this long will appreciate the item or service that much more, IMO.

<3

Enjoy your item and be happy you snagged it for a good price.

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 58
Businesses like that can afford those kind of slip-ups, plus by not making an issue of it and by giving the occasional "hook-up" they pretty much guarantee continued patronage. So, it's a win-win, really.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I feel kind of guilty. . . 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Not much you can do but try. We went to a buffet style restaurant that charges for your meal before you go in to eat. The total for the four of us came up to 41 dollars and change. I handed the cashier 2 twenties. I was getting the small change out when he handed me 18 dollars and change.

I told him I had only given him 2 twenties. He said I had given him 3. I told him I was sure of what I had given him. He argued with me and got kind of belligerent. I shrugged and took the change. When we got to the table, I counted the money in my wallet. I was right. So I left the change as a tip for our waitress.

At the end of the night, his register was short, and our waitress was happy. Maybe he learned something.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.