Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess!
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
I needed a place to vent!
My husband doesn't understand my love for Inuyasha or for my love of anime.
He dislikes me reading or writing fanfiction....it makes me sooo mad because he has this very annoying habit of talking my ear off about his latest kill in a video game? lol Is there anyway to make him understand my love for sessy! lol
Thanks for listening!

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
lightstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
He's probably just jealous. Sess is truly drool worthy afterall.

Logged Logged

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
My husband is ok with Sesshy, but he is awefully jealous of my Shaq

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 34
I would say should him a pic. If he still doesn't get it then something is really wrong with him. Like really wrong. Its like a guys fascination with super models or movie stars. Sess is our movie star. (there was another thing i was going to mention but there are YIMs one the sight who could read this)

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
lol Mine says he doesn't want to see/hear about Sessh or anything IY related haha.

I told him, I love him so much because Sessh reminds me of him but noooo he doesn't wanna hear it oh well!

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Ses 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
My husband teases me relentlessly for being "one of those geeks" I love Star Wars, Anime, and read quite avidly.... he teases me but, at the same time, its something that he just absolutely loves about me. I always remind him that he knew what he was getting in to when he proposed, so it's too late now! lol

BUT I GOT MY REVENGE the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He came home and asked if it would be okay if he bailed on some plans with me in order to go with a few friends to the midnight release of some video game. He didnt want to buy the game, but he was like a kid in a candy shop to meet all the pro gamers that would be coming to demo the game. Plus they were having some competition, blah blah.... anyways, I've held on to that and am not likely to let that go. Every time he jokes about my fanfiction and anime, he gets me not so gently reminding him of how he bailed on me to geek it out at a video game release with his pals.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 23
Well, I'd say just tell him that writing/reading fanfiction and watching anime is a way to help keep you relaxed and sane

If he still doesn't care for it or keeps giving you a hard time they simply tell him that you won't tell him anything about fanfiction or anime if he doesn't tell you anything about his games.

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
Haha thank you guys for the suggestions!
I have tried lol I even got him to sit through the movies and the sailor moon movies...in the end him and his friends just end up making me and my likes the brunt of jokes lol sooo usually I tend to grab my laptop and hole up in a dark corner lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

kagomes-heart
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Well if he's just not into, he'll probably never understand. But if he's seriously into gaming, perhaps you can use that as an analogy.

Anime and Fanfics are your video games! Plus as you said, he knew what he was getting into.

I always say that to hubby, and he always replies, but I didn't know HOW weird you are! LOL.

I say that, but since he's an anime fan he's cool with my obsessions, pretty much anything I own that is anime related, was bought for me by him.

Last year for my birthday he finally got me that Kotobukiya Sesshoumaru I wanted to match InuYasha and Kagome.

Actually, my first Christmas spent in the U.S, my favourite gift from him, was InuYasha fanart he'd commissioned from an artist on deviantart.

Actually sweetie that he is, he later commissioned an artist to draw fanart related to an InuYasha fic I was writing at the time.

I'm super lucky, hubby and I have a ton of interests on common, so we don't often run into this problem.

Except football and baseball, I'm probably never going to like those sports. He did manage to get me crazy about hockey though, so I guess that's a compromise

Logged Logged
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Miss Anna S wrote:
I needed a place to vent!
My husband doesn't understand my love for Inuyasha or for my love of anime.
He dislikes me reading or writing fanfiction....it makes me sooo mad because he has this very annoying habit of talking my ear off about his latest kill in a video game? lol Is there anyway to make him understand my love for sessy! lol
Thanks for listening!

It's likely that he is jealous, though I doubt he would ever admit it. What guy would want to admit being jealous of a fictional character. He's probably a bit put off that you have such a passion for this. A lot of males feel like their women should be focused solely on them. All males have that big ego, no matter how well they hide it or how much they deny it. The fact that you are super enthusiastic about Sesshomaru has probably wounded a bit of his pride - hence him not wanting you to write anymore. He may very well view your writing as a sign that you are not satisfied with him...? Just a thought.

I'm not trying to bash your man by saying this!! It goes both ways, really. Try to put yourself in his shoes. Imagine, if you will, that your hubby is an artist, and has a huge obsession with... oh, say... Pamela Anderson! What if he painted her... a lot?! Would you get a little put off by how enthusiastic he is about her?

There probably isn't a way to make him understand, because everyone has different interests, and what one person might find really intriguing, another might think is silly. You could, however, just make sure he knows you appreciate him. If he feels confident in knowing that you are still his number one man, he may back off a bit...

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vent: SOs who don't understand thy love for Sess! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
Haha yeah true.
I talked to him about it today...he at first started laughing about it, and he was then like 'I will never understand you and your fan fics!'

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.