Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What type of pet do you own?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What type of pet do you own?
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
I'm having waaaaay too much fun with this.

I wanna know about all of your wonderful little additional family members, be they furry, wrinkly, scaly, or feathery!

At the moment I only have one pet. I want so many more, but I'm currently renting to own, and there are nooooo pets aloud in the house. So I'll just have to wait.

The pet I currently own is a sinaloan milksnake named Hubert. He is almost two years old, and still a bit of a baby. He'll grow somewhere around five feet eventually. I recently lost a pet *sob*; my black and white California kingsnake. His name was Norman, he had a wicked little triforce on his forehead, and he was the best snake ever. I'll miss you Normy!!

To those of you wondering about the snake in my profile picture, that beautiful creature belongs to a friend of mine. She's my photographer and uses that gorgeous animal in a lot of her shoots.

Here is a pic of Hubert about a year ago.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Aweeee look at all these lovely babies!!

So good to know there are a lot more animal lovers out there! I can't wait until my kids are a little older and the house we're renting is paid off. I've got a list a mile long.

I've had a bunch of cats over the years, an a horse, but that's it.

When we have the time to care for more, we plan on getting a purebred great dane (a friend breeds them, yay!!) and a golden lab. Also, I want a couple of cats, short hairs, preferably. As for the reptiles... uhmmmm, getting some bearded dragons, a ball python or two, maybe another california king, a red-tailed boa, and possibly some spectacled caimans!! baby caimans are teh cutest!! There is a lovely reptile garden right outside the city we live in, so we have access to all kinds of reptiles for a really great price!!

Keep em comin, my lovelies!!

Oh, and this is the late Norman. *love you little buddy*

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
aw what a sweety! I loooove snakes. My mom is terrified of them and everyone in my family teases me for it.

Right now we just have a cat and a betta. I'm an at home mom, with a 2 year old and one on the way. We've been talking about getting a dog, but I've been reluctant to take on the chore, as I know the hubs wont be able to take the slack there (he works sometimes up to 72 hours a week, so for good reason!)

But I've had tons of pets growing up. A limitless number and assortment of fish (and yes they all had names and I loved each one very much...I'm a nut) Dogs: a Shiba Inu, Rotty mix, and Akita Mix (not all at the same time!) Cats: I've hada total of 4 all of which were strays we took in so I don't know what breeds, but i do know our current kitty is an Egyptian Mau. I've had ferrets, a bird, hermit crabs, and 2 gerbils. not to mention my horses growing up!

We had a lot of land and we loved our pets, but really we weren't like animal crazed people.... although reading this you may think otherwise. lol

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Right now I have two ferrets that are solely 'mine'. They are about five years old I believe and still as feisty as they were when they were kits. I have to switch them to senior food soon, which makes me sad cause I know they won't be here for much longer I wish they lived longer.

Aside from them, I am trying to get a shiba inu who is also a senior but I fell in love with him anyways. I'm still trying to prepare everything so I can adopt him. But, if he does get adopted before I'm able to, I will most likely still adopt an young-senior dog, because he definitely changed my heart to where I could only imagine adopting an older dog.

As for the other animals in my home.

My little sister recently bought a shihtzu mix puppy, who I am sometimes stuck with watching

My dad has a boxer/lab mix named Sydney. She is 8/9 years old.

We also have a 16 year old cat, who is named Sassy. She lives up to the name, she has an attitude and believes she in the queen on the house. She also talks..a lot. She will follow people into the bathroom and have a conversation with them XD

We also have a bearded dragon and a turtle. The bearded dragon is my older brothers who couldn't bring it with once he moved so my mom takes care of her. She had a companion who bit of her toes when she was little, so she has some missing, her companion however passed away about three years ago. The turtle was something we got from one of our neighbors, she too had a partner that passed away shortly after we got them.

Logged Logged
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I want a snake.

I have too many pets at the current time to get one though lol

At my home, inside:

BeBe 4y/o dsh, had him since a kitten.

Damn-it or "Lil Guy". He just turned 4 this month. Had him since he was a kitten as well.

Princess, she's a 11-13 y/o manx. I've only had her 2-3 years. Got her after I got a phone call stating she was being neglected/abused. We got there late and the "owners" had already chucked her outside. Scared only indoor elderly cat, she took off and hid for a couple days. Finally caught her, she had lost a lot of weight (they stopped feeding her before they tossed her), scratches all over, and a missing tooth. She had some weird name, but she looks/acts like a Princess to me.

Ms Holly, 7 y/o shetland sheep dog, got her april '09. Someone took her to our vet o be killed simply because they didn't want her anymore. Best dog ever and tough as nails. She had her leg cut wide open a couple wks ago, didn't eve bat an eye until they stapled it closed.

I also have 4 feral cats I care for at my parents farm and another 5 feral cats that hang out around my house. I'm looking into starting a sanctuary for all these cats. I fear every day I'm going to find one dead on the road. Or worse, someone gets their panties in a twist and I have to fight to keep them around again.

OH! Small pets wise, I have a betta fish and we just rescued a cockatiel egg. So if/when that hatches I'll have my first bird ever. No idea how the cats will take that. I also raise feeder mice for the cats (my critters eat a raw prey model diet).

Logged Logged
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
Here is my black lab his name is Bubba He is 100 pounds and he thinks he is a lap dog! It's sooooooooooo cute!

Logged Logged
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
I have a black lab named Skipper, an indoor cat named Ronan but is lovingly refered to as "fat Cat" and he answers to it and an outdoor cat, who is pregnant named Ninja.

My parents have two black lab/chow named Jake and Jonah that we've had since I was 11 years old

I got both Fat Cat and Skipper from shelters...fat cat was a gift from my hubby for mother's day and my birthday since I spent them recovering from a Tonsellectomy

and ninja came with the house lol

I love them all...we'll be getting a rabbit or two soon as well

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
PRVN wrote:

Aside from them, I am trying to get a shiba inu who is also a senior but I fell in love with him anyways.

I fell in love with a Shiba Inu when I worked at a pet shop...they are awesome dogs...like tiny akitas

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Ah I didn't know it would be okay to post pictures ^^; here are photos of my pets.

Jiraiya(male ferret) :

(Jiraiya was kind of sweating in this photo because it was really hot and my air conditioner wasn't working )

Ambika(female ferret) :

Sydney:

Sassy:

Zebrehia:

Logged Logged
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Currently, I have two cats. I want another one but the boyfriend said no. He wants to get a bigger house and then, I can get my other cat and a dog.

I have a female calico named Patches and a black male cat named Shadow.

Logged Logged

lightstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What type of pet do you own? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I love snakes, I wish I could get one but the other people in my house threatened to vacate it if I did.

I have 2 parakeets that bicker like a old married couple though. My female is constantly pecking at my male and knocking him off the food bowl.

Logged Logged

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.