Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Electrocuted, anyone?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Electrocuted, anyone?
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
I'm not sure if it's just bad luck, or if it's because I can be a little 'special' from time to time, but I have a nasty track record for getting electrocuted. It's happened to me so many times that I've lost count.

Of the many incidents that I remember, the three worst would have to be these:

1. Trying to climb over a farmers fence without thinking that there may be voltage...
2. I was at the fair - and rather drunk by that point - and we were walking around when I saw those miniature horses they give rides on sometimes. I was all like *squeeeee, pwetty ponies* and went over. When I got there I noticed that the pen consisted of four wooden posts and a strand of yarn going all the way around. Stupidly I was like *OMG what kind of moron tries to keep horses in with yarn?* Of course I failed to notice the alligator clips attached to said yarn, and when I grabbed it I got a good zap.
3. (this is the funniest one, because I have no excuses, just pure stupidity) I was in about 8th grade, and I was walking to the front of the class to sharpen my pencil. I wasn't watching where I was walking and tripped over the overhead projector cord in front of my whole class. So, aside from being utterly humiliated and having skinned my elbows to shit, I had also yanked the plug out of the socket. I laughed along with everyone else *to retain some of my dignity* and went to plug it back in. When I tried, I noticed one of the prongs was bent, so I - being the bright individual I am - starting bending the prong into place WHILE pushing it back in. So it went in... and my fingers were still touching the prong. My hand like flew off of that thing and I yelled so loud that is startled everyone. Then, of course, everyone had a good laugh again, and about a minute later I had to take a trip down to the nurse to get a pack of ice for my swollen hand. The bright side... my hand was so stiff I didn't have to write anymore notes that day!

Oh Louis the Lightning bug, why didn't I pay closer attention to you?

Ahem, yeah, so I think it's safe to say it's because I'm 'special'... Tell me about your brushes with electricity.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
Well nothing as humorous or adventure filled as your experiences, but I do have one electrocution story.

It was about five years ago when my husband and I first got married and moved into our first place together. I had just made some panini's and was cleaning my George Foreman grill (I LOVE that thing...) I usually leave it on while I clean it because the heat makes the water loosen everything up. I finished cleaning it up and reached to unplug it with still wet hands (dumbass moment of the decade, I tell you that!) and unfortunately the plug was kinda located behind the backsplash of the oven so I was twisted in a weird possition. I guess I didn't realize that as I was pulling it out, my hand was touching the metal prongs and ZAP ZAP ZAP! Of course ecause my hand was wedge in good between the wall and oven backsplash, I couldn't just pull my hand away.

Yyyyyeah.... I felt like a real winner after THAT one.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
Not to be picky, but most of what we might term "electrocution" would be more properly called "electric shock." Wikipedia calls electrocution the "stopping of life by any sort of electric shock."

Anyway, mine primarily consists of accidents that dealt with horse fencing. Trying to fix a break in our fencing without actually going into the barn, climbing a ladder, and shutting off the fencer meant that one would have to grab the live fence and put the two broken ends back together. That tends to turn the lazy human into a conductor, leading to both arms being very sore afterwards! Not bright, huh?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Huh, you learn something new every day!

Well then, I've been shocked many times.

Logged Logged
lightstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
It happened to me once when I was volunteering in a cancer research lab one summer. I was doing a test called gel electrophoresis. In a chamber, you have a water bath and a gel that proteins were injected at the top of and in order to get the protein to cross the gel, you hook up the whole chamber to an electric box. Well my hand was a bit wet and I went to plug in the red and black jacks to the box and I felt a warmth spread throught my body. I actually didn't realize what it was at first, but I had a massive headache afterwards.

When I described what happened to one of the scientists, they immediately mentioned I most likely shocked myself.

Logged Logged

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
I shocked the tar out of myself last week. I'm not sure if it was the lovely thunderstorm raging outside or the faulty electrical work that my house is full of (yay old house!), but I plugged my computer charger into the wall and when I grabbed that plugs into the computer it shocked the crap out of me. My finger and arm were tender for nearly a week afterward, lol. Thank goodness it wasn't my dominant hand! I guess it is because I was standing barefoot on a concrete floor when I grabbed the plug. I'm still not entirely sure since my boyfriend plugged it in again later and touched the end that goes to the computer and didn't get shocked. Maybe it was life's way of saying "hey, you! GTFO the computer!".

Logged Logged
Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Electrocuted, anyone? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
There was this one time when my mom, step father, and brother lived in an apartment and i would come over because i lived with my dad at the time, well i was in my brothers room, and him being a guitar player had a lot of cords and such laying on the floor. Well one happened to be plugged in and what it was plugged into was on, well needless to say i stepped on it. Normally nothing should happen but this particular cord plug in that goes to a guitar was sort of bad and i stepped right on it lol i got shocked and the thing made a loud noise. My brother freaked out cause right after i got really sick but a few hours later i was fine. Now everybody thinks it was hilarious.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.