Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Here goes!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Here goes!
Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Here goes! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Hey there Dokugans!

First, I'd like to say hello to everyone, and officially introduce myself. I didn't see an "introduction" thread, so if I'm doing this in the wrong spot, please forgive me!

I'm a college student going to school for elementary education. (I have a little over 2 years left). I plan on going to teach English in Japan once I graduate. Either through the J.E.T. programme, NOVA program, or something like that. (Keep your fingers crossed!) Oh, and have I mentioned? I LOVE SESSHOUMARU! Surprised?

I've been lurking here for quite a while, reading stories, reveling in your art, and really feeling like I'm getting to know some of you through your works. We have some REALLY talented people here, and I wish to thank each and every one of you for the time, effort and heart you put into your art.

In any case, I have a question. I haven't written anything of substance in a really long time, and don't really have any inspiration at the moment to write anything right now. I also don't have any real art talent to speak of. But knowing that, is it possible for one to become an active member of this community?

I really get a good feeling about you all, like you're a fun crowd, and I'd love to get to know you! But I don't have anything to contribute, other than comments and critiques. Is this ok? Are there others like me here?

Sorry if this seems a little out of left field, but I didn't want to jump in and be like "OH HAI GUYZ! I'M IN UR FOURMZ, ACTIN' LIEK I BELONGZ!!" Know what I mean?

So anyway, that's about it...I was just wondering!

Logged Logged

I've claimed Kouga's Pretty Blue Eyes in the Dokuga Claim Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Welcome to Dokuga!!!

We are, by and large, a friendly lot here, I think. Pretty accepting, and always ready for fresh meat (oops) new members! LOL!!

Srsly, though, you could venture into the chat room, where a number of us hang out on a regular basis and much craziness ensues. You can continue contributing on the forums, where several others have made quite a niche for themselves. You can review stories, comment on the artworks, and just generally join in the fun - wherever and whenever the spirit moves you.

As a Site Admin, though, I have but one request: Please read the rules! You can find them here: http://dokuga.com/rules. That, coupled respect for your fellow members and the diversity we have here will make you a MOST welcome addition to our Dokuga family!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Thank you WiccanMethuselah! I read the rules...thank you for directing me there. I will be more than happy to participate by joining chat and leaving reviews. In fact, I look forward to it!

Logged Logged

Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
Welcome Sakuramaru!

Leave your sanity at the door and come on in.

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 696975
Welcome to Dokuga!!

As Wiccan said we are a friendly lot. do come into chat and play with us. We have some great members in there who a) chat about just about anything b) lots of sharing of plot bunnies and c) provide a lot of inspiration for writers and enjoyment for readers.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask a chat mod or PM myself, Wiccan or Ladybattousai. Between the three of us we have all 24 hours of the day covered. Wiccan covers fanfiction, I look at awards, chat and share fanart with Rikayu, and ladybattousai is our forum beat cop

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
TwistTie05
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey you!

I'm new as well, but wasn't smart and social enough to post a "LOOK I EXISTS" thread for myself. So instead~ I shall semi-hijack your thread with a "hullo from fellow newb".

Even though I am but a newborn baby on this particular site, I shall throw in my two cents and take a stab at your question. I'm actually a writer myself (of my own books) and I like to use fanfiction essentially as a tool to improve my own skills by working on something that's fun and no-pressure. Obviously a fanfic can never get published (oh no copyrighting!), and so fanfiction tends to be a nice way to take characters you enjoy but that don't belong to you and relax while sharpening your skillz! The same goes for artistic work, obviously. Using the reference of an already created character to improve your own talents is a good way to go!

But for your question!

I think (OMG know-it-all newb alert BAN HER NOW) that anyone would be welcome on a site like this whether you write and draw or not. As a writer, I love love love reading people's critiques of my works, whether they're as simple as "omg love it" or as long as an essay on HOW MUCH MY PLOT SUCKS.

That being said, if you're out giving feedback on people's works, even if you don't submit any of your own, I'm sure you'll be much appreciated.

And thusly I have managed to introduce myself without stealing your thread. *bows*

Logged Logged
Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Here goes! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Thank you all for helping me feel welcome!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.