Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
terrible 2s
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: terrible 2s
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
Its midnight. My 2 year old is in her room screaming her head off. Her bed time was 6:30, and already I've been in her room 4 times to try and get her to go to sleep. She wants a story, or to be rocked, or sung to... It takes forever to get her to go to sleep and then when she finally does, she doesnt sleep long and then she's back to screaming her head off again. I have no idea whats going on with her, but this entire week has been like this. My husband works night shift so I have to deal with it all alone at night, and then be up early to take care of her all days while he gets uninterrupted sleep. All I want to do is curl into a little ball and cry my eyes out. Some days I feel like I just cant take any more punishment that this kid has to dole out.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 23
Aw maybe she's getting a cold, or something else is bothering her?

(I'm sure you may already known this or have tried it) But talk to her in a quiet and calm voice and try rubbing her stomach(or back) after settling her down on her bed. It can help calm her down,or try decorating her room with more calming colors to help ease her mind when she goes to sleep(or give her a warm bath before hand). These things usually helped me out, but then every child is different so it may not work.

Or if you really can't take it anymore tonight, why not have her sleep in your bed with you(just for tonight) that may help so that both of you can get some sleep.

I know it's hard, and wish you the best of luck. Just remember that eventually this will past, until then just try and remain calm and keep an even mind Again, good luck!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
Think it's bad now? Wait until they become teenagers. It gets much worse, guaranteed! You will LONG for the days this happened in a few years.

Best I can tell you though in way of advice is just go reassure her your there and everything is fine then let her scream. She will wear herself out. If there is nothing physically wrong with her and she's not running a fever, just let her scream even though that will get on your nerves. Eventually, she'll get tired and go to sleep.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Tataru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Our five year old has been sleeping with us ever sense he was old enough to be out of his crib. It made it easier to get him to sleep and with me and my husband both working full time and opposite shifts it was easier on us. People do the headshaking thing but if it was good enough for early man it's good enough for a woman who needs to rise early. besides, they do start to grow out of it, my son is five and doesn't sleep with us every night, and he is also used to falling asleep in his own bed now. do what works for you,you need sleep.

One thing that worked for me a few times when i really needed it was lavender in the tub and a massage and soft music, i used the gladiator soundtrack, most of it is nice and soothing and it helped getting him to sleep.

I hope you find what helps, don't give up trying new things you never know what will work.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Haughty Humph in the Claim Game
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
I am so glad boyfriend's youngest is out of that stage.

Does your wee one have a binkie or something? That always seemed to help Monkey (even though it didn't help me much by having to make 2AM walmart runs for them just so he'd sleep).

We also would give him a sippy cup half full of his favorite juice of the moment, or even milk. Having something in his belly was a surefire way to get him to sleep like a rock. It's something that has worked with all three of boyfriend's kids.

Even though some parents look down on it, I don't see anything wrong with bringing her into your room with you to sleep. It may complicate things if your other half starts working a daytime shift and is at home at night, but if it works to keep your little girl happy and gives you restful nights, do what you have to do. Monkey just turned six today, and he still likes to creep into the bed in the middle of the night with me and boyfriend. Sometimes having mommy or daddy right there is just the comfort that is needed to have a restful night's sleep.

If all else fails comfort wise, what Dany suggested works really well. It's torture hearing the child scream like that, but eventually they will wear themselves down and pass right out.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:terrible 2s 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
You guys are all amazing for your support and encouragement. Everyone has had great ideas, most of which I haven't thought of, and will put to use if things dont simmer down with my little one. I get te feeling that she is absolutely terrified. Of what, I have no idea. Tonight (prior to reading all of your wonderful responces) I put her down, and it was the same screaming fit. So I thought to leave her door open for her - but it was a not go. So I went back in and firmly laid her down, and told her mommy would sit with her, but she had to close her eyes and go to sleep. It took about 30 minutes (I have no dout it would take much longer normally, but she was excessively tired today - I wore her out with activities, hoping bed time would be easier, but I think it wooped me out more than her! lol) but she finally went to sleep. The stupid rocking chair made so much noise every time i tried to sneak out though, that she would wake up and go "mommy, sit down!" lol Anyhoo, she is finally off to the land of nod... now its just waiting to see when or if she wakes up in a full blown fit again.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.