Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Bad news...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Bad news...
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Hi everyone. I probably will not be on here very much for a while nor updating anything. My grandfather just recently had surgery to removed his bladder due to cancer. This is the same cancer that was in his kidney (which had to be taken out as well) and it moved to his bladder. He has been having complications and everything. So between working and living at the hospital I'm exhausted. I ask that y'all please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. I hope just I don't sound pathetic asking this but I figured everyone would be very understanding of this. I needed to tell to someone outside of my family and I feel that I could trust some of y'all on here. He has been fighting this cancer for about year and half now and we are all hoping that this time they got it all. But if it comes up in his other kidney I'm not sure what we will do. But I do know that if I'm a match for a transplant he can have mine. I'm usually not this emotional but this man pretty much raised me and was the only father figure I had growing up. Again, I'm sorry for dropping this on here. I really needed to talk to someone.

Thanks,
*Ash*

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Gabrielle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God willing your grandfather recovers with no trouble at all. I wish you the best!

Logged Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragoness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
You and your family will be in my prayers. Don't worry about being emotional anyone would be in your place. I hope your grandfather recovers.

Logged Logged

MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
I'm sorry that he's had to go through so much. Hopefully the doctors got it this time and he will be on his way to a happy recovery. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Trust me when I say there is no such thing as too emotional when it comes to family, especially when cancer is involved. When I was 14, I took care of my uncle for the last six months of his life, my aunt wasn't stable enough to take care of herself let alone anyone else. I know what it's like to be in your shoes so know if you ever need people to talk to, or even to rant to, we are here for you.

Your grandfather and yourself are in my thoughts. Keep strong and don't forget to take care of yourself as well, it's easy to forget about your own needs when someone else needs you. But you can only help them when you aren't in need of help yourself.

Hairann

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Cancer is an insidious, horrific disease that knows no boundaries and spares no age group. My grand-nephew has leukemia at 3 years old, and my father-in-law was diagnosed with colon cancer at 87. I am hoping and praying for your grandfather, and your family, for the best possible outcome, m'dear.

With much hope and lots of positive thoughts,
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
I am so sorry to hear your bad news. Hopefully the doctors got it all and it will turn into good news very soon. Please never apologize for sharing with your fellow Dokugans. We are a community. For the most part I have encountered very caring people during my time here. I know that there are many who will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. Rest assured that I am one of them. I wish you and your grandfather all the best.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers. He seems to be doing better today now that he has gotten more
Sleep. I will be up there again today to see him. Hopefully he will be able to eat soon considering he hasn't ate anything since Monday. Again thank y'all for everything.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad news...*Update* 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Hi everyone. I'm giving a update on my grandfather and well they did a lung biospy the other day and we received more bad news. He now has lung cancer. We're still trying to be in good spirits but its extremely hard. We don't know how advanced it is nor if its aggressive or not. We really won't know on that till we get the bone-marrow results back. It seems one problem gets fix and then another comes up. The sad thing is his birthday is next month as well. He has official been in the hospital for two weeks now and we don't know when or of he will be released to go home.

I just wanted to give a update. Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it.

*Ash*

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad news...*Update* 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
New update on my grandfather. He had a incident this past Monday (his birthday which he turned 75) and because of the incident he had to be rushed to the ER. He coded. They were able to get him back but unfortunately he received a brain injury in the process. His brain stem is still connected which means his vitals are all fine (his breathing, pulse etc.) but he will not wake up. We received the devastating news, he's brain dead. Because of this we now have brought in hospice. We have held out hope that maybe he would come out of it but he hasn't. This has been the hardest thing we have ever had to do. The only blessing with this is that he can't feel any pain. But its so hard knowing that your grandfather is laying there and will never wake up and that you are slowly easing him out. This is something that I don't think I can ever recover from, ever.

I rushed to the hospital this morning at 2 am because his breathing became labored and we thought he was fixing to pass but like the fighter he is he brought his respiratory rate back up. I've made peace with the fact that he is dying but it still doesn't make it any easier. I will miss him when this is over but I'll always have my memories of him. So please I ask all of you to keep my family in your prayers and thoughts.

Until,

*Ash*

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
While I'm sad he's in the situation, I'm glad he's not in any pain. After watching my great-grandparents and boyfriend's grandfather go through many health problems and the associated pain, it's really a blessing.

We recently went through this with boyfriend's grandfather (right before he passed), so if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to message or email me. *hugs*

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
Hoshi, I'm praying for you and your grandfather. I know how hard it is to let someone you love go. I will keep you in my prayers. And don't hesitate to turn to us for comfort, we are all here for you.

rowdy

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Bad news...*Update* 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
awe *huggles* just know that we're here for you no matter what!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Bad news...*Update* 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -666
It's a hard thing to deal with, and I wish you and your family the best. I lived too far from my grandparents to develop a deep bond, so cherish every moment you spent with him. And remember all of the best times.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Bad news * Final Update* 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I'm sorry to say that at 12:30 this morning my grandfather passed away. I got the call this morning from my Aunt who was taking care of him at the hospital. While I have made peace with the thought of him passing its still very hard to believe that he's really gone. He fought a long and hard battle with cancer and then with a brain injury. He was very loved by his family and friends and mostly definitely will be missed (especially by me). The wake is tomorrow and the funeral is Thursday.

Again thank you all for being here and supporting me and my family threw this very difficult time. I know he is now in a better place and no longer suffering.

But as this saying goes, "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." A saying that is so very true.

R.I.P
Papaw J.B

August 9, 1935-August 17, 2010

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/17 20:19 By Hoshi Phoenix. Reason: changing

~*Ash*~
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words that can adequately comfort you after the loss of a loved one. Death is never easy to accept, even though you may have reconciled yourself to the inevitable. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Logged Logged
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bad news... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm so sorry RIP JB Sherman

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.