Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sad songs?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sad songs?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 23
So, I know when I'm writing a sad/tragic scene I tend to listen to 'sad' songs, some of which usually make me cry, so I can get in that mood to write that scene correctly or really put the feeling into it.

If you do this too, what song do you usually listen to, to get you into that 'sad' mood or what is one of the songs you listen to?

Or, if you don't do this, what is a song that is so deep and sad that it made you almost cry(or did make you cry)?

There are a few songs I usually listen to. But since this one is on my mind, I will share it. I'm not a fan of country music...at all. But, my little sister is and she showed me this music video today, it's sad but so touching too. Because it's not something that is made up, and the subject of this video really happens in real life. It also touches home with me.

The song is Concrete Angel by Martina McBride.

here is the video:

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
"one day I'll fly away"
"Mad World"
"cry me a river"
"How Could an angle break my heart"
"Lush life"
"diva's song"
"Souls of the women rest for the moment..."

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 34
this one i find sad

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
The Last Song by Elton John (If you've never seen the movie that this came from I STRONGLY suggest you watch it or read the book. It will put a whole new perspective on the topic). Most of you are too young to remember the young man, Ryan White, that this was written about but I do and that adds to the impact.

www.youtube.com/v/wlD_XNMCjuo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US

Queen-The Show Must Go On
This was Freddy Mercury's goodbye because he knew he didn't have much longer.
www.youtube.com/v/4ADh8Fs3YdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Goodbye England's Rose by Elton John. The reasons have nothing to do with Diana's death but something more personal to me that I won't discuss.
www.youtube.com/v/wdrRLTgavus&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen

www.youtube.com/v/5L8-FTvSVxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Eva Cassidy-Songbird

www.youtube.com/v/AFFo1pu4q7Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&

The Rose - Bette Midler

www.youtube.com/v/oR6okRuOLc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/17 22:28 By Danyealle-sama.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
oksana
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5

Logged Logged
oksana
Supporter
graphgraph

Logged Logged
Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Tough topic. There are so many!! but a couple of my more recent faves:

I don't know if its exactly sad, but its just so beautiful and poignant

I love ballads, and they're almost all sad. I also LOVE the decemberists. LOVE-LOVE them (although you kinda have to get used to Colin Meloy's voice). The Crane Wife is a ballad version of an old japanese folktale. The full song is 3 parts and is like 15 minutes long...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/18 00:33 By janey-jane.
Mariposa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
The images behind Christina while she is singing this song breaks my heart.

I always tear up with this song

these other two are in spanish amd many of you might not understand them(and many of you might) but my God are they gorgeous. and always make me cry or at least sad.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 23
Mariposa the first song you posted reminded me of another touching song of Christina's that I have always liked, and that is a sad yet touching song(though she has a lot of those) Her music videos and music in general are usually very strong or have strong images to match the music/lyrics.

Logged Logged
Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Mariposa - OMG I have such an unhealthy love of Juanes it isn't even funny. I only speak tourist-level spanish, but I don't see why people can't enjoy music anyway even if they don't understand the lyrics.

There are so many great songs I've thought of, but I'm trying to keep myself from bombing this thread...

Logged Logged
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sad songs? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
My friends all call me the queen of sad songs cause I listen to so many of them. Here are a few.
Code:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/ZdSaI080VXc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/ZdSaI080VXc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/RNwtjiqS7xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/RNwtjiqS7xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/dYub1neLZmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/dYub1neLZmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/YCRrrP0EhPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/YCRrrP0EhPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/Sub8pRG_co4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/Sub8pRG_co4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Code:

ok I'm a little spaztic I cant make it embed here

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/18 13:45 By mi_saw.

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
Lilly Akame
Pup
graphgraph
My song would be Pitter Pat by Erin McCarley. Personally, I think this is Kikyou's song, its so sad and I think its about loosing a lover, and how now that she's dead, the Shikonn No Tama isn't her responsibility anymore.

Just listen to the song and read they lyrics

Hope you like it

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/19 08:45 By Lilly Akame.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.