Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A request... and an apology in advance!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A request... and an apology in advance!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Many of us here on Dokuga usually use the forum to share our triumphs and best wishes to others for THEIR triumphs. Occasionally, we also reach out to our "Dokuga Family" when we face trials as well. I apologize if this makes anyone uncomfortable, but I just felt I needed to do this. You know how you sometimes get that "feeling?" That something is just NECESSARY? Well, that's how I felt about this.

I'm not one to do a lot of that 'sharing stuff,' especially the "trials" part, but I have a request for my fellow Dokugians. My niece's son, a heartbreakingly adorable little 3 year-old boy, has just been diagnosed with leukemia. My request would be that, if you can spare the time, you take just a minute to send some good wishes to this beautiful little family.

Gideon's mother has started a blog to share with all their many friends and family each step of Gideon's treatment... as well as to put into words her own emotions. If anyone cares to see what a cutie this little guy is, check it out:

http://gideonschripsema.blogspot.com/

Thank you for taking the time to read this, for maybe sparing a moment to send good wishes to this little guy, and for generally being the loving, supportive community that you all are!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
I am so sorry to hear that this beautiful boy has to suffer so. I was glad to read that there are a great many positives in the blog. It could have been so much worse. The doctors seem to have a handle on it and aren't wasting any time starting treatment.

Gideon and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing this with us. Especially the link to the blog so that we can keep up with the progress. I am confidant that everything will turn out alright. You know that you have all the support and good wishes that this community can send to you and to Gideon. If you need anything, know that you have a lot of friends who will help in any way we can.

Have faith and keep believing.

Time on my hands

Logged Logged
Gabrielle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm so sorry to hear that. God willing, he will be ok. You have my prayers.

Logged Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 15
I am so sorry to hear about your niece's son's illness. May God's Love guide and protect your family always, and I will pray for your great nephew. I will add you and your family to my prayers. God Bless.

Logged Logged
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Wiccan, my heartiest well wishes and prayers go out to your niece's young son.

There is no apology needed. I would be a hypocrite to think otherwise, especially with what I went through last month and how gracious you and the rest of my Dokuga family were to my cousin and for my own recovery.

Leukemia and other cancers are always a painful challenge especially for one so young and I wish you and the family much luck and boundless patience as you battle this.

Logged Logged

Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 22
My thoughts and best wishes go out to your family. To offer what I hope is a whole lot of hope...my assistant manager's niece was diagnosed with lukemia and despite the fact that the treatment was hard on her I am happy to report that she is now completely free of the disease. She needs to get checked up on every couple months but she is doing fantastic. So keep strong and stay confident and if there is anything that you or the family needs just let me know I'll ask her about the things that her niece went through and any of the foundations and hospitals that were of help to her!!!!!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Thank you ALL so much for the outpouring of thoughts, wishes, prayers, and offers of assistance. Seriously, I can't thank you enough, my Dokuga Family, for all the good vibes you've offered up!

Please know how very appreciated you all are... and I KNOW, without a doubt, that every thought, every wish, will help!

THANK YOU, DOKUGA!!!

PS - Special thanks to Time on my Hands, Gabrielle, Kim, Angelicatt & Daniella... you guys ROCK my socks!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
You and your family are in my thoughts and I wish you much luck and comfort. Stay strong and may the Gods watch over and guide you.

Blessed be,
Hairann

And sorry it took so long to post, been too busy to get on site since hubby is on vacation.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Hairann wrote:
You and your family are in my thoughts and I wish you much luck and comfort. Stay strong and may the Gods watch over and guide you.

Blessed be,
Hairann

And sorry it took so long to post, been too busy to get on site since hubby is on vacation.

Sweetheart, thank you SO VERY MUCH for your thoughts and good wishes!!!!! And, please, no apologies... just knowing that you cared enough to post, regardless of when, is a wonderful, uplifting feeling! You ROCK!!!!!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
I had a friend go through it, but not so young. My best wishes are with him and your family. Do you know if they are doing a bone marrow transplant along with othr treatments?

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 29
I'll be sure to pass this information along. Gideon is in our prayers, as are you and your family. <3

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
MoxyMikki wrote:
I'll be sure to pass this information along. Gideon is in our prayers, as are you and your family. <3

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! You have no idea how much I appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
lunaticneko wrote:
I had a friend go through it, but not so young. My best wishes are with him and your family. Do you know if they are doing a bone marrow transplant along with othr treatments?

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. At the moment, they are undergoing the preliminary chemo, the transplant may be somewhere down the line, but they will see how he responds to the chemo.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes!!!!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

kogazgirl29
Whelp
graphgraph
im so sorry to hear about gideon. my thoughts and prayers are with them

Logged Logged
Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
I am sorry to hear that. My prayers are with that adorable boy and his family.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/30 10:11 By Inuashley.

Inuashley
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Ashley wrote:
I am sorry to heat that. My prayes are with that adorable boy and his family.

Thank you so very MUCH for the prayers for Gideon and his family!! They are MOST appreciated!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
kogazgirl29 wrote:
im so sorry to hear about gideon. my thoughts and prayers are with them

I cannot begin to tell you how much we appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for this beautiful family! THANK YOU, so very much!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Wiccan, my thoughts and prayers will be with your family on this trying time. May the gods keep your family strong threw and threw. I wish the very best for Gideon and the doctors treating him.

Blessed Be,

*Ash*

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Hoshi Phoenix wrote:
Wiccan, my thoughts and prayers will be with your family on this trying time. May the gods keep your family strong threw and threw. I wish the very best for Gideon and the doctors treating him.

Blessed Be,

*Ash*

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Ash!!! I can't begin to describe how much we ALL appreciate your thoughts and prayers for that cute little guy and his terrific parents & big brother.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Tangerine Dream
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
My wishes, prayers, and love goes out to that cute little boy, his family and you. This won't be easy but I know that in the end everything will be okay!

With all my love,

Tange

Logged Logged

Banner made by the splendiferous Sugar0o
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Tangerine Dream wrote:
My wishes, prayers, and love goes out to that cute little boy, his family and you. This won't be easy but I know that in the end everything will be okay!

With all my love,

Tange

My heart overflows with each message I receive here... THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wishes and prayers for our sweet Gideon and his lovely family!! I know I sound like a broken record, but I am just so grateful for the outpouring of GOODNESS from my Dokuga family that I am practically speechless. Again, MANY thanks!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Ely
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A request... and an apology in advance! 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 17
I hope that everything works out well. you, him and his family are in my prayers.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Ely wrote:
I hope that everything works out well. you, him and his family are in my prayers.

My deepest thanks, Ely! I just know that, with all the support we've gotten from here and all over the internet world, that cute little guy will beat this thing, no doubt! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and support!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.