Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How did you pick your name?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How did you pick your name?
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
Mine is kind of self explanatory. I was born and raised in Texas, and while I plan to live somewhere else eventually, I WILL come back. I'll die in Texas. I have a tattoo on my bottom that is a Texas flag with "When I die, bury my a** in Texas!" Got it for my 18th birthday.

Anyways, so Texas had to be part of my name some way, and then I thought about how as a kid, and even now, my parents always told me "Always act a lady...even when you're given' hell!"

So I came up with TexanLady.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Phoenix
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
I got my name from my brother, Jimmy, when he found out he was dieing from Leukemia. He was first born and I was last, so I became his phoenix. The fire part is for my temper, if it really gets pushed people say that they can see flames coming off me.

Logged Logged
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 13
It took me forever to come up with my name, I wanted something that I could use anywhere I posted. I'm also all about putting strange words together, mine would be an oxymoron in the truest sense since both parts describe the same thing (I think I have that right). Anywho this is what I came up with. ^.^

Logged Logged

Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
I first took InuAngel cause I loved the Inuyasha series so that explains the inu part but then changed it to my favorite animal which are tigers. Then Angel part comes from what my boyfriend calls me.

Logged Logged
Mimiru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
When I was younger I fell in love with a character from .hack//sign that was infact named Mimiru. I still love this character and she is a lot like me in the state that she is spunky, funny and goofy. But also she is always there for her friends and while is really pushy in trying to get what she wants, she seems to have the best interests.

Of the .hack//sign cast, she was one of my favorites only second to Lady Subaru, but Subaru didn't remind me of myslef, I didnt see me in her :3 and so I chose 'Mimiru' instead. Which makes more sense for the Minir0o nickname in the end eh? While its not as creative as some of you guys' that's the origin of my name

Logged Logged

Its okay to be insane, I mean lookit Dokuga, its FULL of nuts
beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
beckyducky was a nickname for me in junior high and it kinda stuck for some strange reason... >.<

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
I love the time of day, twilight, right before the sun sets and the day is over! The books are great and all, but I had this name long before they were even thought up. XD

And of course, my favorite animal is a fox. And it used to be TwilightFox, but then it was taken on a site I wanted to register on.. and since then it's been FoxOfTwilight, in some strange mix-up. <3

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
vacate
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I chose mine based on my real name, "Beka" comes from "Rebbeka", and this one girl I used to work with used to just call me "Boo"

Thus, I am "Beka Boo" :3

Logged Logged
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 8
Trouble in Shangri-la is the title of my favorite song, which is sung by Stevie Nicks.

The "Sesshoumaru's Hair" that shows up in the who's online section is the username I signed up with, and it used to be my old Yahoo handle years ago I thought it was hilarious. I still want hair like Sesshy Better than this curly mess God gave me! XD

Logged Logged

GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 27
Lunaticneko was my LJ name. Which stemmed from my author's name on Fanfiction.net. Orginally it was NekonoBaka, but it was already taken, so I just changed it a bit. Though I like the new pen-name better. I could have changed it, but I've used this for so long.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 11
This is sad - I didn't even pick my username. Mine is a direct transfer from Deviantart, I didn't want to confuse things since most of my Inuyasha fanart is also up over there. Janey-jane was chosen by my best friend to set up an account for me on DA - my name is Jane, my nickname Janey, and at the time she called me Janey-jane. Simple and boring I'm afraid.

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 10
When I was a kid I saw a lady on tv whose name was Aura and I thought it was a really pretty name. (I was 9 or 10.) I used it for a character name in D&D and then when I first got online I started using it and it's just stuck with me ever sense. I think the name is beautiful.

No I didn't get it from .hack like most people think I used it way before those games came out. Hell I used it before play station 1 came out - I'm old.

Logged Logged
Myu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: -1
My username is simply my nick name. Im suprised no one had it there is almost always some on with it so im glad i have such a simple username!

Logged Logged
Naraku
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 3
When I first began watching the Inuyasha anime, I found that I favored Naraku over all the rest. Yes, even over Sesshoumaru, but then I like the dark and mysterious type. Eventually, I began roleplaying as Naraku in Yahoo!Chat rooms. That was a little over eight years ago. Ever since, the name's stuck. I even have a room mate that calls me by the name. x3 Of course, she was one of my friends from Yahoo!Chat that I moved down here from Washington state about six years ago.

THAT is why I chose this name. >>;

And THAT is how the cookie crumbles.

Logged Logged

Sion Alphaios
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 14
My username has actually gone through so many phases that tracing it back is kind of ridiculous. It went through several changes that I don't really remember and, later, I realized that this was part of an identity conflict I was going through over time and I got fed up with myself so I started basing my username on my real name. Sion comes from Sigourney, i just took out the g, u, r, e, and y. But I also chose it because it simply looked nice and related to the words scion and zion which i also liked. It has no real special meaning aside from meaning "john" in welsh (it's sort of like shawn or ian). Alphaios, on the other hand, meant "(ever) changing" in greek and i used it to refer to my previous indecisiveness as to who i was and how i defined myself... it's also the name of my zune ::sweat drop::

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/26 16:39 By Sion Alphaios.
Cinne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 1
Mine's pretty simple, if not stupid. I was on youtube a long while back, and found a video about a horse who refused to buck in a rodeo, named Cinnebar. That's pretty much where mine was made. Friends end up calling me Cinnebun though.

Logged Logged
Eve
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 1
I chose my name long ago. Kiri Kyohaku (Eve)

Its translation means "Mist of the Heavens" - I believe we are what we are. Mist goes everywhere and is nothing. So the belief of "I am everything and nothing" is true. You have to think deeply to understand this one. If you do, you are truly enlighted to the universe around you.
>^.^<

And you are far more powerful than you realize!
(Ancient Wisdom from someone whom is very ancient)

Unfortunatley it also pertains to this antiquated piece of hardware I have for a so called computer! ha! so I don't have my own artwork to use for an icon yet either. soon I hope to have that finished to!

Logged Logged
akane342
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 2
I used to be a Ranma 1/2 addict. Shampoo was my favorite character but I didn't want my username to be 'Shampoo', that's just weird so I used the name of my second favorite character, Akane, instead ; )

Logged Logged
Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 10
Teana is short for Norreteana, which was my penname in Junior High. It stuck. I have always loved the name.

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 2
Mine is pretty self explanitory. My email address/screen name has been tygerluvr23 for over a decade so I just switched it up to japanese or as close as I could get it.

Logged Logged
Evenstar
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 3
Mine's pretty self explanitory as well. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings Fan. So I picked a name from there, plus I thought it sounded pretty.

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 12
When I adopted my cat, Rowdy, he was so tiny he could curl up in my hand and sleep and adorable? He owned cute! And he behaved in such a cute manner too. And I talked about him all the time. One day I was trying to figure out a good name for my yahoo and a client suggested rowdyjaner. It was a reasonable step for me when I started accounts at fic sites to make it rowdysgirl. And now that he's passed away, it's a way to remember my funny, loving, adorably cute little boy cat and how special he was. And that's how I became Rowdysgirl and will always be Rowdy's girl.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Cerise
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I thought it was a pretty colour.

Logged Logged
Karli
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
I picked karlinda ages ago, about 3-4 years go for online game. When i made the online game account i was watching bulletproof Monk with Sean William Scott, who charter was called Kar, the linda bit was added because i like it lol

Logged Logged
Esus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Three or so years ago I put together a computer, later on that week I needed an account name for an online game I was installing. When I looked around the room I noticed the Asus motherboard box lying near my computer desk. I didn't want to copy that name completely so I swapped out the first letter. Voila! Nowadays I use Esus whenever it's free and Esuslol when it isn't.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.