Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Manga Recommendation
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Manga Recommendation
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Manga Recommendation 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
I'm reading this manga called "Chiyou yo Hana yo", or "O Butterfly, O Flowers". The art is absolutely beautiful and well-drawn. I highly recommend it.

Plot Summary: Once a wealthy family of landlords for generations, Chouko's father failed in investments and had to send all servants away. A decade later, as the daughter of a small ramen shop, Chouko applied for a job in a large real estate firm and met the son of the former chauffeur of her family, who also happened to be her direct supervisor. Although strict and demanding at work, he has been in a crush on her ever since her early childhood and still calls her ojou-sama (My Lady) in private.

This manga is rated M for language and adult situations. So unless you're 18, you shouldn't click the link.

What I like about this manga is that at first I thought it could be a really good basis for a SessKag fic. The summary got me hooked, but when I read the story and saw the characters I got into the manga for itself.

Masayuki (the guy on the cover) reminds me of Sesshoumaru, both for the serious and straight-faced person he is in Canon and for the wicked, cruel and slightly perverted version we made him in Fanon. Chouko (the girl) is like Kagome. For those of you who enjoy reading or writing manga/fanfics with a 'corporate' setting, this manga is definitely for you. Enjoy! ^^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/07 00:32 By AmEva.

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga Recommendation 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 24
I read this! It's very good. Yoshihara Yuki is one of my most favorite mangaka. If you like this manga, please look for her other works!

Logged Logged
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga Recommendation 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
I know! I can't believe I only found out about her work just yesterday! If I hadn't taken a casual glance over the 'C'- title section of the manga area in my book store I would never have gotten acquainted with her gorgeous works! ^^

Logged Logged

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga Recommendation 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
There a good manga that I've been reading it's called Yami no paapura. It's really good even though this manga is based back in 1984 but it's really good. The one I really did enjoy was Kindan no koi de ikou by OHMI Tomu (her other mangas too) and Hadashi de Bara o Fume by UEDA Rinko. Though, one of the pages got mixed up which I hope someone will fix that.

www.mangafox.com/manga/yami_no_paapuru/?no_warning=1

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.