Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Obsessing over characters?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Obsessing over characters?
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Obsessing over characters? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Curious how far folks obsess over the characters they really enjoy.

I'll use myself as an example I suppose (wonder if that makes me sorta sad).

I have pictures, fanart, fanfiction, figurines, wallscrolls and other merchandise (keychains mostly) for some of my favorite characters. Byakuya and Sesshomaru being the most prominent.

I've made several fanfictions of my own as well as AMV's and even tried my hand at a few (poor) fanarts. I've also commissioned pictures for couples or characters I've liked...

And finally. I've cosplayed as Sesshomaru several times in the past. Think I'm the only person that had parts of the armor for the costume made by seperate people that specialize in prop work (at least that I'm aware of - as I can't make my own - I fail in the handicrafts dept). And for Byakuya, who I'm playing at a upcoming convention, I'm dying my hair black to fit the costume...

Hmm, guess I'll be one of the only people that falls under all that...but I'm still curious...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Bella
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Obsessing over characters? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
I have an obsession with Edward Cullen lol I have a calender of Robert Pattinson (he plays Edward) I also have dog tags I spent $9 from target with Edward on them, I have a wallet that says team Edward. I find him to be absolutely charming It really annoys my boyfriend when I talk about him.

Of course I have an obsession with Sesshomaru, I had a pillow case with a picture of him on it but I lost it I also have a picture of him as the background on my phone.
Once I have more money I also want to get a tattoo of Sessy!!

I also draw sometimes (Or attempt to really) So I have lots of crappy pics of Sesshomaru and I also have like 4 notebooks filled with stories.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Obsessing over characters? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Surprisingly, I'm not really that obsessive at all over characters that I like.

When I watch something and find such a character I'll usually:
a) buy a figurine (though I'm quite fussy about the face and quality, if it isn't good enough I won't buy it)
b) look up fanfiction about said character in a pairing
c) sometimes I'll look through official art or fanart
d) rarely, I will actually try to do some fanart or fanfics of my own

For Sesshoumaru I have a wallscroll too, but that was kindof a random buy. If I had more space then I'd likely buy more wallscrolls of a few other characters that I like.

And that's about it

Logged Logged
Crescent Dreams
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Obsessing over characters? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I think when I first find a character I really like, I -obsess- over them, and then it just becomes sort of a habit. I love Sesshoumaru and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

With Sess, I own three wall scrolls, I bought movie 3 specifically because I knew he'd be a main character. Attempted fanfiction and fanart of him. Read and admire other works. Numerous key chains and charms (some of them gifts from an equally obsessed friend) and have managed to somehow get my boyfriend jealous of him because I spend more time online reading fanfiction about him than I do with him, lmao.

Sora, I own all the KH games and strategy guides that go with them. Two wall scrolls, numerous key chains and keyblade charms, and my friend and I would always come up with our own little comic for KH.

Once upon a time though, I think I also obsessed over Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh.. lmfao.

Logged Logged

Crescent Dreams
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Obsessing over characters? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Come to think of it I was really obsessed with the pairing of Vegeta/Bulma (which they really did ended up together). I was really shocked when I saw the episode when future trunks reviled who he was and everything. I really laughed my ass off of when trucks told Goku who his parents were.

I kept guessing like "Hey maybe his from the future" which I turned out that I was right and then I said, "He's probably Vegeta son". I was right a again, and came the finally part when I said, "Bulma got to be his son". And bam! I was right once again.

Now I'm obsessed with Voltron, which it an old anime or cartoon that's like around the 80's. With the pairing of Lotor/Allura.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.