Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Character design and Feudal Chinese history help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Character design and Feudal Chinese history help
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Character design and Feudal Chinese history help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Okay I'm in a bit of a pickle (if you could call it that) and I need inspiration and a bit of help (or alot of help xDD)

Basically I'm making an original character for a story I'm doing that has only characters I've created and it won't have any Inuyasha characters. One character in particular I'm making will be the mate of one of my characters (Akihiro) and the only difference between them is that Akihiro is a dog demon and this new character will be a white wolf demon from China. I've already decided her name to be Mei-ying and she's supposed to be royalty and she and her parents are traveling to Japan to establish contact with their Japanese wolf demon brethren and I was thinking a war starts in Japan. But what I need help with is the chracter design. All I know is that the character I'm creating has white hair and blue eyes and has no markings.

I know back then in China and especially Japan that the woman had long hair (because apparently back then having short hair was a bit of a disgrace from what I've seen) and their hair is tied in ornate knots with flashy hair ornaments. I also know they had silk clothes (well the nobles anyway) But I need to know exactly what type of clothing the Chinese women wore (the names of specific garments) plus I need to know the traditions and beliefs they held back then, and fighting styles and the different types of weapons, and if there were any secret groups like ninja assasins or somthing of the like, and what events transpired during this period. As you can see I want to be prepared because I want to be as accurate as possible but still adding my own twist to it. I know from history class that during the Feudal era in Japan which was the Tokagawa shogunate the reigning Chinese dynasty was either Zhou or Qing but I'm not sure.

If anyone knows alot about Chinese history I'm all ears or you could provide links. I really need inspriation for the character design of Mei-ying so if you'll could help inspire me I might be able to have something to start with.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Character design and Feudal Chinese history hel 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I'll see what I can find! I did alot of Chinese history in college and have some books and links and stuff somewhere. I'll dig around for it and see if I can get it to you.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Character design and Feudal Chinese history hel 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Here's a few things I found if its any help. Sengoku-Jidai was from 1534-1582. While at the same time it was during the Ming Dynasty in China. The Ming Dynasty lasted from 1368-1644. The Qing dynasty didn't begin until 1644-1912.

Those are just some years I found so far but I'll keep looking for other information as well. I know I have it laying around my house somewhere. I just have so much history stuff its not funny. But then again I did major in history!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Character design and Feudal Chinese history help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
okay thanks....I will add a bit of a twist in the story but for the most part accuracy is what I'm aiming for.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.