Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Tattoo?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tattoo?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Tattoo? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
Hello people!

I need some help/opinions and some other such things.

When I was seventeen I got this tattoo, that I know regret getting. Thankfully, it is pretty faded and wasn't colored in so it's pretty much not noticeable until someone in standing right next to me. The person who did it was just starting out, so I was kind of his Ginnie pig. But he quit tattooing, and my tattoo is now bleh I just hate it, and I don't wear sleeve less/short sleeve shirts anymore because I really don't want anyone to see it.

This is the tattoo:
So when I got the tattoo I didn't know that 'death before dishonor' was a slogan for the navy(I can't remember if the navy is the correct one) But yeah, so when people do see my tattoo and read that it leads to some awkward conversations ^^;

Which is why I am posting this on here. I'm planning on getting it covered up with a different tattoo. Because it is so light I can choose anything. N' while I have some meaningful tattoo's planned out already for other parts of my body. to cover this tattoo, I'm rather stumped. All tattoo's I have planned won't look good on where this tattoo is(Upper arm, near my shoulder) so I came up with an idea to please my inner dork( and because I like the design)

- - -
I'm planning on getting a tattoo of Sesshoumaru in his dog form. Kind of like this:
I don't know if he will be standing like this, or if he will be in a different position. Anyways, I want the background to be his maroon/red color and then somewhere maybe near the bottom or top have his flower symbol thing be there. (-_-; that sounded so intelligent)

Does anyone think that sounds good? I'm kinda effy, but then at the same time excited XD Also, does anyone think they can draw this idea up? Because I'm terrible at drawing such things ^^;
If you could that would be awesome.

But I'm also curious...

Does anyone here have tattoo's that have to do with any anime/manga(or cartoon character) Or any sesshoumaru's tattoos? XD I have seen some on DA and they are pretty cool

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re: Tattoo? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
What are you going to do about the fact that Sesshy is mostly white? White ink is available, but you don't see it used too much AT ALL, apparently it is a problematic color, and disappears on many people's skin... Your skin looks very pale, which could possibly help, but still, you might want to check with a few tattoo artists. Print out the picture you posted, and see what they have to say about it. Just as in any field, some tattoo artists are much more experienced and proficient than others, it pays to ask other people whose tattoos you admire, who did the work.

Logged Logged
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Tattoo? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
I agree with KT. I have 11 tattoos and am working on getting my entire back done. White does not show up well. If you want to get Sesshoumaru like that I would suggest getting him done gray scale. It is the only way you'd be able to really do it. You coud get it in white, and it woud kind of show, but white is such a fickle color you have to get it touched up every few years. Again, I'd go with gray scale.

I know there are some Asian techniques that work MUCH better than what your local tattoo shop can do. Their are professionals in this field that work specifically with difficult tattoo designs, but they are VERY expensive. Their's a guy in Vegas that can do white really well. He was featured on that TV show about tattoos that was shot in Vegas a few years ago. I forgot the name of the show, but I remember the episode they had him in. He did some excellent work.

P.S. There's this place in New Mexica (and I think one in LA) that are starting to do glow in the dark tattoos. You can't see them when the lights are on, but the ink is supposed to be visible in the dark. Anyone out there have one of these? I'm thinking about making the trip if their real.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Tattoo? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
Hm true. My friend who I'm thinking of having do it(If I can catch him anyways) Is pretty good with white(I've only seen a few tattoo's he has done with white) But you can check out his page here: www.myspace.com/tat2danl He is a really talented tattoo artist he also goes on tour through the U.S and does tattoo's in each state XD

But anyways, would mixing it with silver and white look pretty good? I guess I will have to talk to him about it. The thought never came to mind, thanks!!

Also texanlady; I have seen those actually! they look pretty cool.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/14 00:56 By PRVN.
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tattoo? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
White is a tricky color. I have cherry blossoms tattooed on the inside of my forearm but the guy didn't use white except to mix colors. Plus, I'm extremely pale so it would not have shown up anyway. I would suggest what Texanlady said talk to some artist who's work you like and also you may want to do a darker scale as well. I only have five now but I'm designing my back piece right now (if I can get it right on paper like it should). Also, you might want to see if you can get someone to just draw on the place of old tattoo to see if you would really like it there. Thats what I did with a few of mine. But its just a suggestion! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.